GTP_WRS Week 25 : Nissan Skyline R34 @ Daytona Road

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 177 comments
1st splits.

T1 0.31.235
T2 0.57.526
T3 1.14.487

I'm quite enjoying this, suprising considering i'm not keen on DR or R tyres.

Matt.

I'm struggling to find the speed at the moment. Hoping for some inspiration.

Yep, tell me about it. I'm way off Div 1 pace at the moment.:nervous: I'm hoping the TLD tune will help me find some pace.

1st session tonight:

T1: 31.224
T2: 57.688
T3: 114.865

My T1 and T2 splits look decent, but looks can be deceiving. I'm evidently losing chunks in the 4, 5, 6 infield complex :ouch:
which is killing my T3 time.

Back to the drawing board I guess.

Hey Paulie, I'm using the TLD tune, and from what I am seeing, it's great.
Makes the car really smooth 👍 A real pleasure to drive. This is a very
enjoyable combo. As Mr. P said, it really flows. You can put in lap after
lap and really get in a groove, so to speak :)

Last edited:
Had a lap that was guaranteed clean and half a second quicker than the best I posted here. Did one more before saving because I often do two or three really quick laps in a row when it's all coming together and managed an even quicker lap by a few X/100. Of course this one turned out to be just an inch off the track in the bus stop. Ah well.

First run for me:

T1: 31.087
T2: 57.249
T3: 1'14.152

Not a bad combo, but certainly not one of my favourites.

Threw away a good lap at bus stop with splits of:
T1: 30.993
T2: 57.104
T3: 1'14.042
Have done this a few times now its just a matter of holding it together at bus stop. Also fairly happy with the tune. Aiming for a 56 T2 and a 1'13 for T3. Already got my 30 T1 so ill hope for the best

New splits with very little improvement.

1/2 second off the overall though..

1'14.723

Board updated.

EDIT updated to post 70 75 including my new splits of

1'15.867

... and a s/f at only a few hundreds above my goal for this week.

These were done on the following setup: p7/w14/df7, springs 4x7, camber -20/+20, toe 2x1.3, final gearing 4.300, other settings according to TLD.

Last edited:
First run for me:

T1: 31.087
T2: 57.249
T3: 1'14.152

Not a bad combo, but certainly not one of my favourites.

You did see my tune right?

New splits from my adjusted tune.

1'14.450

I can see another .2 -.3 whether i can do it is another thing:lol:

after a couple of hours tonight i managed splits of:
T1: 30.999
T2: 57.198
T3: 1'14.052
Seen faster splits than above frequently, but having trouble trying to link them all together.How do you think i felt seeing a T3 of 1'14.000 only to slightly cut the first entry into bus stop and invalidate the run. Thats motorsport i guess. Goodnight.

G'day you folks :) returning quietly after an extended hiatus from GT5P and happy to see plenty of participation in the old WRS. I'm well out of practise so just turned in about 30 or so laps of this combo.... love Daytona Road but never been much cop with the R34. Anyhoo, enough waffle, its nice to be back:

0'31.305
0'57.932
1'14.892

Can't see me improving on that to be honest :)

Errm... its not that I don't appreciate the thought Steve mate, but my T3 time on the leaderboard seems to be *cough* somewhat too fast ;)

Mine is 1'14.892

Thanks anyway :)

Errm... its not that I don't appreciate the thought Steve mate, but my T3 time on the leaderboard seems to be *cough* somewhat too fast ;)

Mine is 1'14.892

Thanks anyway :)
Hey Chris, welcome back, sorry for the typo - sorted :D
Oh and PS - how come I'm the only one that has befriended you in the Planet? :lol:

It's an understatement to say this is not my favorite track, but I've given it a go...

T1 31.099
T2 57.420
T3 1'14.352

Only marginal improvement after a 2 hour session tonight:

T1: 31.389
T2: 57.753
T3: 1'14.769

However, my best overall lap time is significantly quicker than this lap :odd:
(negotiated the bus stop really well on that one)

Leaderboard updated.

... my best overall lap time is significantly quicker than this lap (negotiated the bus stop really well on that one)
As a leaderboard admin I must say I do not favor the posting of these splits. Luxy is supposed to reflect how well you are doing compared to the others in the community, so the splits in the board should be the basis for your fastest lap that you will be submitting. Earlier someone else posted splits of a lap that turned dirty after T3 ??? which I don't approve of either.

Let's try to keep the board just as clean as the laps that we submit 👍

Leaderboard updated.

As a leaderboard admin I must say I do not favor the posting of these splits. Luxy is supposed to reflect how well you are doing compared to the others in the community, so the splits in the board should be the basis for your fastest lap that you will be submitting. Earlier someone else posted splits of a lap that turned dirty after T3 ??? which I don't approve of either.

Let's try to keep the board just as clean as the laps that we submit 👍

Point well taken...disregard those split times.
I apologize if my comments misled anyone.
I wasn't trying to be misleading. Next time,
I will try and think before I post. Sorry.

Last edited:
Point well taken...disregard those split times.
I apologize if my comments misled anyone.
I wasn't trying to be misleading. Next time,
I will try and think before I post. Sorry.
No problems Carl :) what splits can I post on Luxy for you now?

First entry for me:

T1: 0'31.177
T2: 0'57.447
T3: 1'14.369

Nice and clean lap, but I've been faster in the 2nd sector. :)

I have to start paying more attention to these WRS events... just came to look out of curiousity and saw the combo... I LIKE :) I take it this goes til the end of the weekend, so I'll take the liberty of representing Div. 5 in this weeks WRS, since I dont see many Div 5ers at the moment :D

2nd session:

T1: 30.860
T2: 57.043
T3: 1'13.949

Now using different suspension setup and a modified version of TLD gears.

Back