GTP_WRS Week 25 : Nissan Skyline R34 @ Daytona Road

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 177 comments
Methinks I have a couple extra setup changes to try tomorrow, the GT-R isn't handling the way I like. Could just be that it's AWD and the engine weighs more than an iron block SBC though.......

I altered the rear toe too on my fiddling. I'll chuck on the new gearing at some point. It is on R1s, so I reckon you could push the toes maybe even further, as well as the camber. It's not a particularly bumpy track on the in-section, more so on the bankings. I also weakened the front springs.

Edit: Bah, stuffed up a 1'14.723 T3 in the bus stop. Seems to be quite a few ways to take that.

Last edited:
New splits:

T1: 31.066 31.072
T2: 57.357 57.358
T3: 1'14.212 1'14.193

Did have a T1 of 30.918 which made my heart beat too fast, and I messed up the lap :D

All the best
Maz

Last edited:
New splits, more than a half second quicker at the finish.

1:14.383

Yet another change to my setup, this time brake balance. Doesn't look like anybody is using my tune anyway this week.

T1- 31.080
T2- 57.497
T3- 1'14.539

I had faster splits, but I think bus stop was dirty. This lap is also 0.5sec faster across the line than my previous best which has similar splits.

Board updated mostly by our fresh Luxy newbie Haitham 👍 who needs to do it by himself next week as I'll be off to Belgium for a few lovely spring days. Hopefully the other regular updaters will be available to assist if needed (Marc, Jerome, Kevin, Michael, Jake) :cool:

PS to Paulie - I used your tune also until I started fiddling with it to check a different handling, but it didn't help. Tonight I will drive using your modified setup but still with the brakes at 7/6 :)

Last edited:
Doesn't look like anybody is using my tune anyway this week.

Hey Paulie,

I'm using the TLD tune. Have been from the start 👍

Thanks for the tune, you're a lifesaver this week.

Hi :),

New Split (Logitech Driving Force GT):

T1 - 0'31,670
T2 - 0'58,369
T3 - 1'15,462

Tunning: TLD Settings

Good Laps 👍!

I am now a full second off the pace. I honestly cannot understand how I managed the times I did a few days ago.

Finally got in a good lap

1'14.657

I reckon I can squeeze out a 57.4 for T2. Using TLD tune.

Like to say thanks to Paulie for the TLD tune, the change in the brakes has really made a difference and Maz for the line for turn 1 👍👍

Used the TLD tune from the start. Got a good lap in and broke the 1'15.000 barrier. :)

Looking at my lap times I think the bus stop is really going to make a difference with the final lap time. I think we could have quite a bit of movement come the final results compared to luxy.

T1 31.227
T2 57.686
T3 1'14.767

I am now a full second off the pace. I honestly cannot understand how I managed the times I did a few days ago.
Make sure you put the weight factor right again. (it gets reset to 100%)

First session

T1 0'31.607
T2 0'58.106
T3 1'15.267

Done a T1 0'31.2xx once, so hopefully I can stick the good sectors together for a nice lap.

Using TLD - thanks for the tune Paulie 👍

Make sure you put the weight factor right again. (it gets reset to 100%)

I'm actually using 100% weight on purpose so no reset for me. For me it's clearly quicker with higher weight and power.

I also run at 100% weight, with +9 power. Seems to work ok.

As suspected, I can't better that time. I've had better T3 splits but all slower through the bus stop.. So that's me and final time submitted. :)

Board updated mostly by our fresh Luxy newbie Haitham 👍 who needs to do it by himself next week as I'll be off to Belgium for a few lovely spring days. Hopefully the other regular updaters will be available to assist if needed (Marc, Jerome, Kevin, Michael, Jake) :cool:

Thanks Buddy :D

I thought it was somehting hard, but found it's not. Infact I enjoy doing it a lot :dopey: and if I needed any help sure will ask the masters :sly:

:cheers: lads

Last edited:
After a long night and some of this afternoon, I just posted my fastest time, with a power tune with maximum weight. It beat all my light weight tunes by about five tenths.

T1: 31.617
T2: 58.349
T3: 1' 15.525

On this lap I broke really late for the bus stop and tore through it, it was a nice clean lap. This is my second weekend with my DFGT, and loving every minute of it. I love this combo,

I'm happy with my progress, I could work harder to hit my braking points, but I'm roaring through the turns with all tires squealing.

I'd love to try this combo with 650, or 700pp.

WOW, I just realised that I was 0.1 faster to T2 than Animera then almost 0.2 slower to T3. How did I lose 0.3sec on a WOT straight?:crazy:

Edit: BAH, no matter how fast I go through the splits I can't match my own bus stop, the GT-R understeers too much and I just can't get it right. I'm submitting with my no doubt lowsy time.:(

Last edited:
Only got to have a quick go of this combo and submitted, here are my splits (TLD Tune):

1'14.334

Only got to have a quick go of this combo and submitted, here are my splits (TLD Tune):

1'14.334

Only a quick go and you got those splits?:crazy:

4 hours off and on tonight produced improved splits:

T1: 31.042
T2: 57.195
T3: 1'14.153

This is a strange track, in that it seems to me the quick times and laps
seemingly disappear for a time, and you have to spend quite a bit of time
finding the speed again, or at least I do. Especially after leaving it overnight. And it isn't the weight bug either, checked that. Finally produced a T3 that is in line with my T2 split, although I feel I must still be losing a smidge on the run from T2 to T3. Like Paulie, I'm a bit baffled by it :odd: :banghead: I guess it's all down to getting a better run out of turn 6.

EDIT:

Went back again after this post and saw the following splits:

30.937, 57.117 and a 1'14.131 only to throw it away and lose .3 or more in the bus stop :banghead: :grumpy:

I should have just went to bed after the previous splits...:lol:

Last edited:
Back