GTP_WRS Week 26 : Mazda is as Mazda Does

• Thread starter EDK
  • 473 comments
Yep, that is how my previous one was, took me a long time to get close to that T4. This one for my current fastest lap is pretty good, at least as compared to my previous sector 4 times. Very hard to put all the critical turns together in one lap. I know I have another 2 or 3 tenths, but that is the way of time trials.

On the previous lap I hit one of the markers before the last corner for this run. Does that invalidate my lap?

1'17.133

Gained 4 hundredths at the line, with how bunched we all are, who knows it might be worth a position.

1'15.283

I believe it does invalidate your lap. Check the "race specifics" in the OP.
It says "
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ. This includes braking markers - Be Careful!
"

But I think that's saying during the lap.

It says "
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ. This includes braking markers - Be Careful!
"

But I think that's saying during the lap.

If it's up in the replay then it's fine as has been said before.

But if you hit it on say lap 1 and continued on to lap 2 or whatever and it was still down then no it wouldn't be clean.

If it's up in the replay then it's fine as has been said before.

But if you hit it on say lap 1 and continued on to lap 2 or whatever and it was still down then no it wouldn't be clean.
That's not how it works.

During a ghost replay, all cones, brake markers, etc. will start the lap intact (even if they were knocked down before the lap during your run).

If you strike an object during your lap, it's dirty. If you do not (and you keep the car on track), it's clean.

Last edited:
EDK
That's not how it works.

During a ghost replay, all cones, brake markers, etc. will start the lap intact (even if they were knocked down before the lap during your run).

If you strike an object during your lap, it's dirty. If you do not (and you keep the car on track), it's clean.

But I remember a discussion before about cones that were knocked out of place on a previous lap and how they would still be out of place on the saved fastest lap - this was during the original registry period.

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw your post in the thread from December explaining the same thing, so I must have been thinking of GT5.

Last edited:
1'14.633

I'm done - maybe did 5 hours this week, bit more than usual because I love this track!

Lost half a tenth against my best few last sectors, but....whatever! Mighty middle part of the lap, best splits by around .110 so I'm not going to attempt to re-run for those 5 hundredths.

Podium chances probably minimal so now banking on first negative handicap for a long time.... fingers crossed.

Loved this week thank you Kevin - this is the only track where I usually have a chance of seeing the fast guys' backsides :D :cheers:

But I remember a discussion before about cones that were knocked out of place on a previous lap and how they would still be out of place on the saved fastest lap - this was during the original registry period.

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw your post in the thread from December explaining the same thing, so I must have been thinking of GT5.
It worked the same way in GT5.

I think what you are thinking of is this. If you knock down a cone or marker, and then drive through the place where that cone or marker WAS, it will show you knocking it down on the ghost replay.

That's a good reason to restart when you knock thinks askew. A good example is the chicane at the Nurb GP track. There are big foam blocks that act as chicane boundaries. If you knock one slightly out of place, it's a good idea to restart your run. You normally want to cut that really close, and if you knock it out of place, you might be shown hitting it on a ghost replay.

if you knock it out of place, you might be shown hitting it on a ghost replay

It produces a strange replay because the car behaves like there was nothing significant, but the obstacle is clearly sort of heavy bouncing about. Actual hit can slow down from 80 kph to 70 kph.

Lap submitted and accepted...
Didn't spend more than 2 hour on it, so if I get a par handicap I'd be shocked.

Weather is far too hot for GT at the moment, as soon as I turn the ps3 on, the fan is going at full rate, add the heat from the wheel and TV, even with the windows open and a fan blowing, it's 30 plus..

Good luck everyone,

roll on winter :lol:....

@roamer2629 Yes @crowhop belongs at least in D2 so it would be only fair for him to get a quick promotion.
Sadly I can't get as quick as you go this week but i've improved again on my half hour session from this afternoon and the splits of my best lap are:

1'16.433

The last is a bit slower then the previous one but at the line I gained almost 3 tenths.
That said I will try one last session tonight and hope to get all blue times just ones.

Hmmm.. I slept for a hour while I got my trailer loaded, so I may be rejuvenated enough to run a lap or two today..
funny thing, i forgot to change my oil before the race Saturday.. was at a little over 200 miles when the race ended :dunce:

@crowhop where in sc do live? I just bid on a permanent run to Spartanburg

Hmmm.. I slept for a hour while I got my trailer loaded, so I may be rejuvenated enough to run a lap or two today..
funny thing, i forgot to change my oil before the race Saturday.. was at a little over 200 miles when the race ended :dunce:

@crowhop where in sc do live? I just bid on a permanent run to Spartanburg
Greenville. Technically Simpsonville, about 5 miles South off 385.

You'd probably be passing right through on 85. If it works out, I could pick you up from a truck stop or Walmart parking lot and go have some wings or bbq ... my treat.

Found some tenths. I'm at my maximum. No more time to be found.

1:15.908

By the way, I'm using a DS3

By the way, I'm using a DS3
Want it updated on the leaderboard? See this thread.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/guide-to-the-leaderboard-and-fetchy.297646/

By the way, I never managed to improve my final lap time yesterday, submitted with current splits. Was funny, I got that lap on something like the 4th lap I ran for the day, and it was about 1.0 faster than the lap before it. I could consistently run within 3-5 tenths of my hotlap, but was very tough to put all the sectors together on this combo.

EDK
Want it updated on the leaderboard? See this thread.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/guide-to-the-leaderboard-and-fetchy.297646/

By the way, I never managed to improve my final lap time yesterday, submitted with current splits. Was funny, I got that lap on something like the 4th lap I ran for the day, and it was about 1.0 faster than the lap before it. I could consistently run within 3-5 tenths of my hotlap, but was very tough to put all the sectors together on this combo.

Thanks again for the help hahaha

Lap submitted and accepted...
Didn't spend more than 2 hour on it, so if I get a par handicap I'd be shocked.

Weather is far too hot for GT at the moment, as soon as I turn the ps3 on, the fan is going at full rate, add the heat from the wheel and TV, even with the windows open and a fan blowing, it's 30 plus..

Good luck everyone,

roll on winter :lol:....

Besides having a fan going, I also have my PS3 sitting on a laptop cooler. Works real nice and even on the hottest of days, my PS3 stays pretty cool and I have had no problems with overheating, even playing for 10 plus hours like I sometimes do. Just a suggestion. :cheers:

Greenville. Technically Simpsonville, about 5 miles South off 385.

You'd probably be passing right through on 85. If it works out, I could pick you up from a truck stop or Walmart parking lot and go have some wings or bbq ... my treat.

That'd be nice, but I get down there at 7 am and leave 845. Plus, I get to SC through Asheville and run 26 down to exit 17, right before 85.

Tried getting those 2 tenths I'm still missing. No way. Submitting with these splits.
Hope a negative handicap for this week, and a quick promotion for Crowhop :sly:
I'm enjoying raising the game of D3.
bashed.gif

Rest assured, I'll be back into D3 times this week with Spyker, for sure.

Would there ever be a way for you to get a wheel there? I know we (the company I work for) cannot ship there at all. Central and South American countries, in general, are difficult for us.

Would there ever be a way for you to get a wheel there? I know we (the company I work for) cannot ship there at all. Central and South American countries, in general, are difficult for us.

Central and South American countries are difficult for us too :D We live here :P
Well, I'm abusing Strop's generosity and have him send his old G25 to me. I'm still working out some details. Will use DHL because my wife has some contacts there due to her Job. It won't come cheap but it would still cost about half of what an used g25 will cost down here.
There's so many restrictions to imports here that if we don't do it right, I might never see that wheel at home:scared:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back