GTP_WRS Week 26 : Mazda is as Mazda Does

• Thread starter EDK
  • 473 comments
Central and South American countries are difficult for us too :D We live here :P
Well, I'm abusing Strop's generosity and have him send his old G25 to me. I'm still working out some details. Will use DHL because my wife has some contacts there due to her Job. It won't come cheap but it would still cost about half of what an used g25 will cost down here.
There's so many restrictions to imports here that if we don't do it right, I might never see that wheel at home:scared:
There are many countries we ship to where it is cheaper and easier to fly here, pick up the item and fly back home. Seriously.

Order a T500RS (or other wheel) on Amazon and have it shipped to my house, fly to Atlanta or Charlotte and I'll bring it to you. Ha.

Last edited:
Don't worry, my final corner is rubbish :lol:

Ran a slightly faster lap just before that one but it ended up dirty at the evil wicked naughty corkscrew :mad:

I put a sometime to beat you yesterday, but I don't know if I can do it today. Just gotta wait and see our full lap for me, cause I did go slightly wide on the second to last corner.

There are many countries we ship to where it is cheaper and easier to fly here, pick up the item and fly back home. Seriously.

Order a T500RS (or other wheel) on Amazon and have it shipped to my house, fly to Atlanta or Charlotte and I'll bring it to you. Ha.

Nice offer!! But then the problem will be taking me out of customs...

Nice offer!! But then the problem will be taking me out of customs...
You cannot have carry-on luggage? I was thinking you could take it out of the box and throw in a gym bag and away you'd go.

Ever hear of a forwarding company like myUS.com? We ship internationally to these quite a bit. Seems to work great.

Figures all the over achievers show up when I don't put my usual time into the TT.
Granted, I wouldn't win with my lowly ds3 anyway, but I don't like being 4tenths behind on a Monday..

You cannot have carry-on luggage? I was thinking you could take it out of the box and throw in a gym bag and away you'd go.

Ever hear of a forwarding company like myUS.com? We ship internationally to these quite a bit. Seems to work great.

The issue would be the embassy here granting a Visa for me to go there. And believe it or not, speaking english the way I do seems to convince authorities I'll get lost in their countries and stay there forever.
When I went to work to Canada, I had a 1 year working visa which was reduced to 2 weeks after airport authorities had a short interview with me, only to become really suspicious about a southamerican who could speak the language without an accent. I guess being a bit paranoid is part of their job description.
I own a house, and have credit cards now, being almost a respectable citizen, but something about me seems to put officials on edge. Wonder why...

EDK
It worked the same way in GT5.

I think what you are thinking of is this. If you knock down a cone or marker, and then drive through the place where that cone or marker WAS, it will show you knocking it down on the ghost replay.

That's a good reason to restart when you knock thinks askew. A good example is the chicane at the Nurb GP track. There are big foam blocks that act as chicane boundaries. If you knock one slightly out of place, it's a good idea to restart your run. You normally want to cut that really close, and if you knock it out of place, you might be shown hitting it on a ghost replay.

Yes, that's what I was thinking of. Thanks.

I see another positive handicap coming :(

1'17.522

Broke the 1'17 mark at T3...

1'16.750
I don't know if I fully understand the positive and negative handicaps. You're saying you basically underperformed compared to your baseline?
That would be right. Positive handicaps are underperformances compared to the baseline, negative handicaps are overperformances, and eventually promotions.

Last run gave me some improvement and almost got what I wanted but I was to gready and I Corkscrew** it up :(
But at the beginning of the week I would have signed for what I send to Fetchy and he accepted it.

1'16.217

Another half an hour, have found over 2 seconds at the line..... These splits can't be competitive, and still feels like time there
2 hrs to go....
Small break now. Then will try again.

Final splits:

1'15.350

Only second time running the combo but put in best part of 5 hours tonight. Seen better splits but couldnt string it all together.

Submitted my lap earlier before the deadline but still haven't recieved a reply? Will this still be accepted since it's now after the deadline?

Reactions: EDK
Final splits:

1'15.350

Only second time running the combo but put in best part of 5 hours tonight. Seen better splits but couldnt string it all together.

Submitted my lap earlier before the deadline but still haven't recieved a reply? Will this still be accepted since it's now after the deadline?
The deadline is not for another ~48 minutes, don't forget about summer time, while GMT is based on non-summer time. ;)

Also, I can see your submission in the Admin only list that's visible in the Fetchbot.

Also, so everyone can be assured of competing on a level playing field, I NEVER look at that list until I've sent my final submission.

Latest Posts

Back