GTP_WRS Week 27 : Ferraris are Red...

• Thread starter EDK
  • 191 comments

What a great feeling having grip is. Missed that feeling the last couple weeks. Love this car, was my goto for online racing when I had time and wasnt doing the WRS. I see I am losing a ton of time in s1, will have to practice and improve on that this week.

I’m seriously banging my head against a wall with the first sector. I have only once done a sub 31 and can’t seem to get it right in turns 1 2 & 3. I’m more than competitive in the other sectors and have them nailed down consistently :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I'm using BB 1 (rear)... brake just before the 100M board, and take a big cut on the inside kerb (left hand front tyre almost on the grass)... try to not run right to the outside of the track between 1 and 2. Do not go full throttle between 1 and 2... you can use a bit of throttle, but not too much or you'll not be able to get on the right hand kerb. Use a lot of kerb on turn 2. Start picking up partial throttle at the cone on the inside... then it's a matter of feeling for the grip - you can use full gas quite early if you get the steering lock off.

Change up to 3rd as you let the car run wide on the exit, and turn in to 3 at the turn in cone still full gas... use all the kerb on the inside and just before the apex, go to half throttle... if you're not pushing the front too hard you should be able to go full throttle almost immediately - it's just a quick lift and then back on the gas.

T1 run through.

Just a small correction to my earlier post... brake just before the brake cones, not the 100M board... this, at least for me, allows enough distance to make a big cut on the inside kerb without running too wide on the exit (on my best lap, the front of the car is momentarily airborne as I hit the high part of the kerb right on the inside).

@Stotty great to see you back at it Chris :cheers:

Thanks buddy 👍

Not sure if I'll be back every week as I normally do a Daily TT competition using qualifying for the daily races... it's a bit less serious than WRS... ie; I'm only running c.30-60 mins every few days on events I really like... when I was running WRS's seriously I was doing 100's of laps, which work/personal life don't allow now.

One of the few cars I actually have a livery for although not a red one
Ferrari 458 Gr.4.jpg

Back