GTP_WRS Week 27 : Ferraris are Red...

• Thread starter EDK
  • 191 comments
@The Grim Reaper
You wanna be breaking here at the 100 mark.View attachment 739172
I drop it down to second on the first corner (seems best for me) will also slow the car down just that little bit more.

There’s a couple ways you can take the second corner but I try get as much curb as possible going into turn 1, it all depends on how you take the first corner in my opinion.

3rd gear round turn 3 not full revs though, ease off the revs a little then floor it when you know you’ve made the corner.

I can get another 0.6 out of the first two corners, but only 1 in 5 laps. The laps I do, I haven't managed to finish the lap well. 30 laps and every few I am up .7 at first split, but then can't finish the lap without mistakes. Can't wait to nail it! However, that might be my wall, not sure I can get any faster on the rest of the track.

I am 140 miles in. This is a new track and a new car for me. It's taking some time to get used to a car that sticks to the road and does what I tell it to do.
You all are driving this car so fast! I will continue the fun chase.

Anyone tried this post the update?

Wondering if grip levels have changed - I might struggle to run again as I'm away from Saturday morning delivering my mates yacht to Northern Spain.
No difference in grip. Ran about 30 miles after the update.
I did notice backfire sounds and Sparks on the downhill section headed to the Dipper turn in sector 2. Could've been there yesterday but don't remember seeing or hearing it in that replay.

mpy-rEOXRElMlcm4TntftyEvNuqhhEAd5qsYpUcGLErsIETJ3fpcTiAKCnvbVy0kic_DrD0YSoHTrAv0_fBkb8BemTvO58apvnq2RGaL3vjySlsRuo-ZaMikWE4e2-mzwv2HWFSQ0IU87_Ny6Kp2JXzHWkcJwf4Ku783BdnC6IACYcnYIW_-z6vmNbBadzpxucnFCraxsn7LRC8biEiDvHUAdi3AWDhoACPbVFrJ1NZC288c3O97Zyl1kRb-2FGmTzZ7lxJHnG9gKCfAqso9nphy91uFupel7qnaeofxM7R5au7zCcCB8GnHZyq3M8fs7OvH_86cqV5mrTWH47bBplV5G8sUQogkVEotaxSLbzzeeKPRyGIYaKnRW632qYLnAlxstrYKGqOd4mMFHA73x_VJldWnDC8xviURUJUUk-OxdHHN_o7CMqQW9IcYApGA9DUEMLvCWmZxcnAZj-nxvGulbHRKMhsYtFzAAA9xJOpXAlVy_6dSO8pjSmrvkf-Gj2GyyTTvl7rVdM6BReKVMrXDv5zgLAe_8KHXmbkQuH9InHH1sglU02yfiyhJPDoxPeawrliWRZ1tG2cUdh1_UCJB5n_wUugyNDzzYHw=w1920-h1080-no

Man I was almost off the red and white bit, that stupid right in the big dip. And did I make a hash of the double right in sector three, I may as well just forgot all about the gearbox, even it didn't know what the 🤬 I was doing.

Improved (.300) at the line, settling on +3 BB. Sector one and the first three corners are more consistent for me due to Stotty’s tips.

Not sure how I’m going to get into the 30’s for the first sector??? I guess I need to take a bigger cut on the first corner curb.

Not sure how I’m going to get into the 30’s for the first sector??? I guess I need to take a bigger cut on the first corner curb.

It may sound banal :D, but it's a good combination of all this : a great exit on the corner before the start, a good cut with a bit of continuous gas in both 1st and 2nd corner and after a little break (at least for me) before the 3rd go full throttle inside it (if you slide in 3rd gear put the 4th gear, this save me many time to prevent a crash without losing speed); my 31.0's happened if i fail at least in one or two of these situations.

Last edited:
30's, :bowdown: I am just trying to get to the 31's. :lol:

I am a fan of this combo though, great car, perfect length for a lap, I will be putting a lot of laps in and hopefully figure out that first sector before the end of the week.:banghead:

I do think I may be braking too much for that first left, which is losing me a lot of time. Loving all the tips guys. 👍 Now I just need to implement them properly. :):gtpflag:

Last edited:
Why is it I can only ever nail 2 out of 3 sectors. After working on sector 3 I was consistently running within a tenth of my best time but then could not get close to below a 31 in sector 1. This was after repeatedly running 30.6s in my earlier session :banghead:[/QUOTE

Isn't that frustrating? improving the last sector on any track really messes with your S1 the next lap, last week at Suzuka if I had a real good S4, I would always miss my entry into corner one because my speed was so much greater. I am guessing that is what your issue is right now, but I am no expert.

Isn't that frustrating? improving the last sector on any track really messes with your S1 the next lap, last week at Suzuka if I had a real good S4, I would always miss my entry into corner one because my speed was so much greater. I am guessing that is what your issue is right now, but I am no expert.

It's more consistency. As in I've had three sessions on this combo. In the first one I nailed sector 3. Second sector 1. Then third session I got both sector 2 and 3 consistently within a tenth of my best but couldn't get within 3 tenths of my best sector 1 from session 2. It's like my brain can only handle nailing 2/3 of the track :lol:

It's more consistency. As in I've had three sessions on this combo. In the first one I nailed sector 3. Second sector 1. Then third session I got both sector 2 and 3 consistently within a tenth of my best but couldn't get within 3 tenths of my best sector 1 from session 2. It's like my brain can only handle nailing 2/3 of the track :lol:

And that is why the WRS is so addicting, because you know you can go faster, and you don't want to stop until you do, but usually by the time you set a new personal best, you have now improved your optimal and have a new goal to work on, until you are doing this :banghead::banghead::banghead:🤬🤬🤬 because you can never nail all the sectors on the same lap.

or is this just me.......:lol:

And that is why the WRS is so addicting, because you know you can go faster, and you don't want to stop until you do, but usually by the time you set a new personal best, you have now improved your optimal and have a new goal to work on, until you are doing this :banghead::banghead::banghead:🤬🤬🤬 because you can never nail all the sectors on the same lap.

or is this just me.......:lol:
Not just you, the WRS syndrome affects all of us. No cure by the way...:lol:

NOTICE

We are desperately short handed in the admin department at the moment in both the TT and OLR sides of the WRS so things are not ticking along quite as they normally do. I'm doing as much as I can but there are things that I can't do so so your ongoing patience is appreciated.

With regard to the On-line Racing the post will hopefully go up later today for the race details but I wanted to let everyone know that we will run the Saturday OLR as normal hosted by yours truly at the normal time (4:00 PM Eastern / 1:00 PM Pacific / 20:00 GMT) with the following parameters

39+1 Laps
Fuel x5
Tyres x10

This will make for a great race and allow alternate strategies. The car and track track combo could not be better so please make an effort to show up even if you have never tried an OLR before

See you in Italy and thanks :cheers:

Back