GTP_WRS Week 27 : Ferraris are Red...

• Thread starter EDK
  • 191 comments
Improved some (.100) at the line with a decent overall lap.

BB +5 and changed my gear choices and lines for the first three corners. Using 3rd gear for the 1st and then 2nd gear (once I am happy with my line going into corner 2) for the 2nd corner. Trying to hit a late apex for turn 3 and getting a better/more consistent drive down the hill. My sector one times are more consistent now.

So, SO easy to overdrive this car as it really doesn’t bite you other than under steering (which just slows you down) in the corner.

Online Event 27: Ferraris are Red

Ferrari 458 Italia Gr.4 @ Autodrome Lago Maggiore - West

car_ferrari_458_italia_gr_4.jpg
track_autodrome_lago_maggiore_west.jpg

Event thread

Gonna echo Mike's post
NOTICE

We are desperately short handed in the admin department at the moment in both the TT and OLR sides of the WRS so things are not ticking along quite as they normally do. I'm doing as much as I can but there are things that I can't do so so your ongoing patience is appreciated.

With regard to the On-line Racing the post will hopefully go up later today for the race details but I wanted to let everyone know that we will run the Saturday OLR as normal hosted by yours truly at the normal time (4:00 PM Eastern / 1:00 PM Pacific / 20:00 GMT) with the following parameters

39+1 Laps
Fuel x5
Tyres x10

This will make for a great race and allow alternate strategies. The car and track track combo could not be better so please make an effort to show up even if you have never tried an OLR before

See you in Italy and thanks :cheers:
Guys do not be afraid of joining, I used to be and now I can't imagine GT without the online racing factor. As Mike said this combo is very well suited to start racing with, and I'm sure you'll be hooked after it.

Last edited:
NOTICE

We are desperately short handed in the admin department at the moment in both the TT and OLR sides of the WRS so things are not ticking along quite as they normally do. I'm doing as much as I can but there are things that I can't do so so your ongoing patience is appreciated.

With regard to the On-line Racing the post will hopefully go up later today for the race details but I wanted to let everyone know that we will run the Saturday OLR as normal hosted by yours truly at the normal time (4:00 PM Eastern / 1:00 PM Pacific / 20:00 GMT) with the following parameters

39+1 Laps
Fuel x5
Tyres x10

This will make for a great race and allow alternate strategies. The car and track track combo could not be better so please make an effort to show up even if you have never tried an OLR before

See you in Italy and thanks :cheers:

You are doing a stellar job of duct taping everything in the meantime! I won't be joining the OLR as I don't have access to them, but maybe someday I can when more of my finances are rationed to me. :lol: (My wife would be so pissed if she saw this post!) She doesn't really "hold money" from me, but we got a new pontoon a month ago, and we are getting a new backyard in June.
Is it only $60 USD for a year of online access? If so, maybe I can fit it in.

You are doing a stellar job of duct taping everything in the meantime! I won't be joining the OLR as I don't have access to them, but maybe someday I can when more of my finances are rationed to me. :lol: (My wife would be so pissed if she saw this post!) She doesn't really "hold money" from me, but we got a new pontoon a month ago, and we are getting a new backyard in June.
Sorry for overlooking the money factor dude. Consider you get two games for free every month with the subscription, some of them quite good actually.
Will open a room for practice in 15'. Friends only so send me an FR if needed. Any questions just ask 👍

Sorry for overlooking the money factor dude. Consider you get two games for free every month with the subscription, some of them quite good actually.
Will open a room for practice in 15'. Friends only so send me an FR if needed. Any questions just ask 👍

I appreciate the free games, but I don't know that I would ever get any use of them. I mostly have a PS4 for GT, Final Fantasy, and Rocksmith. Most other new games: I'd rather play Atari.

Yes it is $60 per year. Actually worth it when it breaks down to about $5 a month when you pay for the year. Or do what I do, on Black Friday go to Target or Wal-Mart and buy a PSN card, I have seen them as low as $40 for a $60 card. Can't pass up that deal.

Back from the "intermission" break to a great combo - very controllable car and track flows nicely with some challenging technical corners. Very suitable too given was in on holiday in Italy last week but not in the "Lakes" area !

First splits for the board after 184 miles run over last two days - did intend to post yesterday but checking lap last night realised it was dirty as fully on the white concrete behind the rumble strip at the right hand banked T7 ......no matter as improved further today.

Should be able to improve further as not used this car or run this track before and still getting to know it but I suspect most of the big improvements have already been found.........more time to find in S1 clearly if I ever get the approach spot on !

Still 0.5 from optimum, it's mostly in s3 too.

I had changed from bb0, to Bb-2, now -3, makes you fast in different places. Maybe time to change it up again.

This car has a tendency to understeer at neutral BB so a touch of positive BB helps to even that out a bit. Try BB+1 or BB+2 I think you'll find it rotates better which will really help on the two corners that really count with this track 👍

Nearly blew it all away on the last sector but two pb sectors and a tenth and a half off my best S3 for over a .15 at the line. I'll take that.

My first attempt with BB+2 as well. As you say argon, turns the car in nicely on the brakes

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back