GTP_WRS Week 29 : Amuse S2000 @ Fuji Speedway F

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 150 comments
LUXY

First humble 'fast' lap 1'42.755 but can find time everywhere - if only it weren't for that darn oversteer, but I so much want to not use TCS :grumpy:

Last edited:
So the combo is not to bad,:)

But what about the ai set to 18,

Can you guys give some feedback about that?
I use the info for future formats and concepts.

After discussing first lap performance with Animera i have discovered a problem with the set up of this competition.

The problem is that You dont always get the same AI cars in your race.

In Animera's race the last car for him to pass is a Suzuki swift, which he says he can pass easily before turn 2. However for me the last car to pass was a ford focus, and i had to use every inch of skill i have to get past it before turn 2.

Even with a flawless run i still get held up alot by this car.

Thought i should bring this to your attention as it creates an unfair advantage......

We've had this type of race in the WRS before, and I'm sure most of us keep resetting the race until we get an AI lineup that we are happy with. I've reset my race quite a few times until I got a lineup that I felt hindered me the least.

In my best setups I had AI racers that enabled me to pass all but three before the first corner and lead by 1,8 seconds at T1. On the other hand I had one yesterday where I had to take the inside line into turn two to pass the final car.

What type of first lap times do you have?

I've been resetting my race to see how the AI changes, and I got a lineup with a Focus in front that I could only pass at turn 2 with difficulty, probably the same lineup Tizzla had. I then reset the race again and got the exact same AI lineup that I had yesterday, so I guess each person has to keep resetting until they are happy with their AI lineup.

I've been resetting my race to see how the AI changes, and I got a lineup with a Focus in front that I could only pass at turn 2 with difficulty, probably the same lineup Tizzla had. I then reset the race again and got the exact same AI lineup that I had yesterday, so I guess each person has to keep resetting until they are happy with their AI lineup.

Yea 👍

Sorry im still new to WRS :dopey:

Must admit if this happens to me, I tend to just quite out and go back in again until I get the best balance of cars to get the job done.......

I've been finding the line up seems to hinder me on the way out of turn 1, this seems to determine the the way I enter turn 2.

Yep, this is the right idea. With this combo, finding a decent lineup that's easy to pass should not be an issue. Also, keep in mind that the AI tires are optional. In other words, whatever tires you select on the screen you are setting up the race (Where you set AI strength) are the tires the AI will use.

So, if you are having trouble passing AI, put them on harder tires. 💡

If you guys think this is crazy, try lineup fishing like we had to on this week.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=102104

You had to add 20 minutes to your session to fish for the right car. :ouch: Once you got the right car, you were better off leaving the console turned on for the rest of the week. :lol:

Even before doing 1 lap, I knew I was going to be off the pace

Fuji - R3's - lots op hp's, is not really my cup of tea

Still try to enjoy it thow:sly:

Ok done a few laps best lap so far
a couple of questions,what do you mean by SPEC 3,and how do you change AI tyres ?

Think I'm slowly getting the hang of this week. Going with the DC tune but been playing with the gears a bit. Finding turns 10,11,12 the hardest to keep any speed. What choice of AI tyres are the best?

1'38.599

a couple of questions,what do you mean by SPEC 3,and how do you change AI tyres ?

Spec III was the fall update, that included physics changes, and the addition of 3 cars - The GT by Citroen, Ferrari California, and Lotus Evora. If you are playing the game online, you have Spec III. If you have those cars, you have Spec III. It's included in case someone out there is playing offline only, and does not have the update.

Changing AI tires - On the race setup screen, when you select AI strength and number of laps, you are able to select tires for your car. This also selects tires for the AI. So you can trick the game, by selecting S (Or even N) tires for the AI, and changing your car back to R3's in the quick tune screen before starting your race.

What choice of AI tyres are the best?

That depends on how fast you are. :sly:

I've found S2 or S3 to work well, it gives me the gap between the backmarkers and the front 3 cars to use for braking and turn in for turn 1. The tricky part is having the right lineup to easily get past the next 3 without getting slowed down or having contact. That part is still trial and error.

Hope that helps. 👍

Well I think I am done with this session this week, Its fun but I have a lot of things to do so I will let my best time sit for now and come back later if I can magically get faster.

1'39.567 is my best.

Thanks EDK found a nice line up on S2's. Managed to inch my way closer to go under 1'58 1'38 just a couple of higher apex speeds and hopefully I'll be there! I've been changing gear just before the red line is that the best place in this car?

New fastest lap

1'58.111 1'38.111

Thanks StrokerAce can't read my own writing!

Last edited:
Thanks EDK found a nice line up on S2's. Managed to inch my way closer to go under 1'58 just a couple of higher apex speeds and hopefully I'll be there! I've been changing just before the red line is that teh best place in this car?

New fastest lap

1'58.111

1'38? maybe?

Thanks EDK found a nice line up on S2's. Managed to inch my way closer to go under 1'58 1'38 just a couple of higher apex speeds and hopefully I'll be there! I've been changing gear just before the red line is that the best place in this car?

New fastest lap

1'58.111 1'38.111

Thanks StrokerAce can't read my own writing!

I actually had that same question, it seems to have a deep redline, whats everyone's shift points? Ive been going til it almost cuts off.

And no problem :P

I actually had that same question, it seems to have a deep redline, whats everyone's shift points? Ive been going til it almost cuts off.

And no problem :P

Not to give away every secret. ;)

But I've found that shifting at around 8,500 RPM helps accel. If you look at the power and torque curves in the tuning screen, there's a big dropoff before redline. Watch the speedo, see how fast you accel on the main straight. If you rev to redline, it bogs down and barely does 1 MPH per second. And then does 2 or 3 MPH per second and soon as you shift up.

Things to watch for..........

No more hints. :sly:

:cheers:
Kevin

Just listening to the engine and watching the speedo, makes me want to change at about 8000, but you need to set the gearbox, to suit an earlier change, so you can catch the power and torque with the next gear.

Thanks Animera:tup:Also thanks to DC gearing which was a helpfull asset to my tune and helped go that bit quicker:)

After a long session tonight I didnt manage to improve my laptime, but did improve my race time mainly due to a better 1st lap. The fastest lap for me now is:

1'36.584

I've improved my overall time considerably, and my fastest lap minimally.

1'37'5421'37.399

Been a little faster, but...........

Last edited:
Back