GTP_WRS Week 29 : Wild l'Ouest

• Thread starter Argon
  • 202 comments
I finally "got" the title, thanks to Google translate, well done @Argon! :cheers:

I started getting a little worried I wouldn't be able to watch the race this weekend, since I don't have cable TV, so I am trying PS Vue for the 5 day free trial w/ Velocity channel which is supposed to be covering the full 24hrs (probably with commercials ugh). Will definitely have Radio Le Mans going for commentary. 👍

Our trip there last year with @PASM, @GTP_Dutchy, @Bleached, @GTP_Patrick1 and I was beyond amazing. :drool:

A pic from 1 year ago today (20170615):

20170615_161418.jpg

I finally "got" the title, thanks to Google translate, well done @Argon! :cheers:

I started getting a little worried I wouldn't be able to watch the race this weekend, since I don't have cable TV, so I am trying PS Vue for the 5 day free trial w/ Velocity channel which is supposed to be covering the full 24hrs (probably with commercials ugh). Will definitely have Radio Le Mans going for commentary. 👍

Our trip there last year with @PASM, @GTP_Dutchy, @Bleached, @GTP_Patrick1 and I was beyond amazing. :drool:

A pic from 1 year ago today (20170615):

View attachment 743809

for me it is beyond words. was an honor to host you guys and an epic trip with nurb as the icing on the cake. if i could go crawling back i would! awesome!

P.s. from left to right vipond, patrick1, gravitron, pasm, dutchy

Attachments

• IMG_0905.JPG
    IMG_0905.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 37
  • DCcF8sqXkAEOvW4.jpg
    DCcF8sqXkAEOvW4.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
I predict that as you get to your third glass you'll enter the zone and knock half a second off :)
Good prediction...I am pretty much at my limit. My time at the end of sector 6 is very consistent now and my improvement is at the line. The Red Wine helped me improve .4 at the line with a PB in the last sector!! 👍

Of course I am shot now after starting with a couple of beers for an appetizer...so I am driving around and running over all of the bollards because it is fun! :lol::lol:

:cheers:

Clean laps are like London buses, you wait ages for one and then a load arrive at once. I was about to post my best lap, but it was on the limit, and it being clean would be down to opinion and it was such a pain to check that I ain't gonna post it, I have screenshots below from the checking:

upload_2018-6-16_11-6-38.jpeg
upload_2018-6-16_11-6-51.jpeg
upload_2018-6-16_11-7-3.jpeg
upload_2018-6-16_11-7-16.jpeg

I was actually surprised at the lap time that I got on that lap, was nice to see I could go as quick as I actually did. My second best lap was 1.4s slower, here are the splits:

TC 0, BB +1, ABS Weak

for me it is beyond words. was an honor to host you guys and an epic trip with nurb as the icing on the cake. if i could go crawling back i would! awesome!

P.s. from left to right vipond, patrick1, gravitron, pasm, dutchy

One of the best times of our lives. When you combine the greatest race of all time with such good friends, you get a time you'll never forget! I'm working through the afternoon today so I'll miss most of the first 8 hours but I should be able to catch the rest. Cheers guys, miss talking to all of you. :cheers:

@Hasnain282 dude, 2nd and 4th pictures are clean by a mile. Rumble strip is track boundary there. 1st and 3rd are close but definitely clean. That wouldn't have been that hard to check. I would have submitted that lap if it was my best.

The way I've looked at this week is, if a rumble strip is present I ignore the white line cause their in front of rumbles. If no rumble is present then the white line is track boundary.

@Argon will correct me if I'm wrong.

@Hasnain282 dude, 2nd and 4th pictures are clean by a mile. Rumble strip is track boundary there. 1st and 3rd are close but definitely clean. That wouldn't have been that hard to check. I would have submitted that lap if it was my best.

The way I've looked at this week is, if a rumble strip is present I ignore the white line cause their in front of rumbles. If no rumble is present then the white line is track boundary.

That’s the way I’ve understood it too mate

Both correct and just for completeness when the rumble runs out you HAVE to have 2 wheels track side of the white line (solid or dashed). To me that makes picture 3 doubtful but only the replay would confirm or not

2nd one is just before the rumble and 4th I need to look at again, cos I did go sorta wide, I do feel I can beat the time though (or at least match it) as there was some mistakes on that lap and will be giving it another go.
Thanks anyway :cheers:

Both correct and just for completeness when the rumble runs out you HAVE to have 2 wheels track side of the white line (solid or dashed). To me that makes picture 3 doubtful but only the replay would confirm or not
3rd one was just after the rumble I think.

The two wheels can be on the white line? That’s correct isn’t it? I don’t think I’ve cut it close on my replay, but just wanted to clarify

Back