GTP_WRS Week 3 : Tarmac Rally Time!

• Thread starter EDK
  • 524 comments
EDK
Results normally go official at next week's deadline time, so basically right at 7 days.

Due to some holiday travel on our staff, that's not going to be a big deal this week, likely unofficial results will go up a week late.

We're all posting in the TT thread right now and Fetchy is just happily ignoring us. :P
To add to this.

We are trying something new with the start of GTSport WRS. Partway through GT6, we abandoned our qualifier and moved to the current "rookie" system, which places drivers in a division based on the results in their first three verified TT results.

This system has brought many advantages, mainly that drivers tend to try their best during events, whereas we often had folks who underperformed on the qualifier, and would have to wait for promotions to catch them up.

It also keeps us from having to worry about the impact of physics changes made during updates impacting our cutoff times, since your division results will always be based on events you compete in at the point in time, with other players.

This also has allowed us to jump into events straight away. We had our first WRS event of GT5 nearly 3 months after the release, while the first of GT6 was about 7 weeks after, due to the qualifier running. For GT Sport, we had the first event published about 4 weeks from the release, and all of you guys were able to jump into participation straight away.

The drawback to this approach is that we have to check literally EVERY replay the first few weeks. And some of our leaderboard functionality is not really built to keep up. Buy you're running events while awaiting division placement, rather than sitting there twiddling your thumbs. :)

If was checked by Fastas yesterday, must have forgot to post it lol

GTP_Jump_Ace
greenflag-gif.152575

EDK
This also has allowed us to jump into events straight away. We had our first WRS event of GT5 nearly 3 months after the release, while the first of GT6 was about 7 weeks after, due to the qualifier running. For GT Sport, we had the first event published about 4 weeks from the release, and all of you guys were able to jump into participation straight away.

I will have to say I love that we jumped right in, and I am hardly doing anything else in GTS right now but these Time Trials, I can't stop trying to beat my times. I will say I improved since doing them, each week my ranking is a little higher on the board than it was the week before. :D

Thanks to all who set this up and mange all this, it is a lot of work but i fully appreciate it.:cheers:

You don't need to record the splits when watching a replay and there is no rule that mandates anyone to post the splits in the thread for the run that they actually submitted with. The only things to check are;

• Compliance with the stated rules for the TT (tyres, aids, track, car, etc)
  • The total lap time is the same as that posted in the results
  • The lap was clean
The time stamp you see in your library thumbnail is not visible when shared publicly which adds to your comment that there really should be only one replay shared as the only way to see the actual lap time is to play the replay.

:cheers:
Sorry. I am new to all of this.:boggled:
I was under the impression that you had to post splits here and total lap time to fetchbot for things to work properly. Every day is a learning experience. Does that mean you can just post total time to fetchbot without posting splits here?

@shoenboggie
I picked 1 of your 10 shared replays and that one didn't match your submitted time.
I'm not gonna check the the 9 others to check if anyone matches.
Please remove all the ones who don't matter.

Looked just now and could not figure out how to delete the ones I had up on share. These were removed from my library already.

Shared my best lap again and used these tags:

gtpwrs003
tarmacfinaltime
shoenboggiebestt

Hopefully that will work out better.

Thanks

Sorry. I am new to all of this.:boggled:
I was under the impression that you had to post splits here and total lap time to fetchbot for things to work properly. Every day is a learning experience. Does that mean you can just post total time to fetchbot without posting splits here?

You are very strongly encouraged to post your split times in the thread for the TT but there is no actual rule that says you must. The table we see during the week the TT runs is there so that folks can see how they are performing relative to others and adds a huge amount to the enjoyment so if you don't post splits that that would seem to be less than sporting and might get you a bit of a rap on the knuckles (or worse if you consistently don't post)

To your last point yes you can (at least I'm pretty sure you can but I have never tried) but you really, really shouldn't.

Edit: Tree'd by @Gravitron lol

Last edited:
EDK
The drawback to this approach is that we have to check literally EVERY replay the first few weeks.:)

First and most importantly, it can't be said often enough that you guys (@Vaxen, @EDK, @Gravitron et al) do a great job organizing these events. Thank you very much.

Butt-kissing aside, I actually find posting and checking replays in GT Sport is a snap compared to GT6. Given that Fetchy doesn't have the ability to detect improper settings, I wouldn't be put out at all to continue posting and checking replays in every event.

Replay shared under mcfizzle.
wrs003, kyoto, evolution.

Thanks to who ever checks it. The last chicane is close on exit but from my view looks clean.

Back