GTP_WRS Week 37 : Don't Cha Wish Your Golf Was Pretty Like Me?

• Thread starter PASM
  • 269 comments

PASM

WRS Race Admin
Netherlands
The Netherlands
GTP_PASM

GT6 Week 37 : Don't Cha Wish Your Golf Was Pretty Like Me?

Hotlap Event in Arcade Mode Time Trial

Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 Base Model '08

Grand Valley Speedway

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Race Details:
  • Mode: Arcade Mode > Single Player > Time Trial
  • Track: Original Circuits > Grand Valley Speedway
  • Car Type: Garage/Favorites Car
  • Make: Germany > Volkswagen
  • Model: Scirocco GT24 Base Model '08
  • Power: 336 bhp (including oil change)
  • Weight: 1,120 kg
  • PP: 484
Driving Options:
  • Transmission: Auto or Manual
  • Tires: Racing Medium
  • Driving Line | Traction Control | ASM | ABS: Optional
  • Brake Balance: Optional
  • Active Steering | Skid Recovery Force: Prohibited
  • Tuning: Allowed. All adjustable parts are allowed to be changed. Including Ballast. No Upgrade Parts Allowed
  • Improve Body Rigidity: Allowed
  • In-Race RA Functions: Allowed
  • Custom Paint is allowed
Course Settings:
  • Time: Not Variable at This Track
  • Weather: Weather not Variable at This Track
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Real

Race Specifics:
  • The event MUST be run using your registered account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Use of the Handbrake is Prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Tarmac and Red and White Rumble Strips are Track
  • No Other Surfaces are Track. See Below Details for additional boundary clarification.
  • Those who use these runoff areas without keeping at least 2 wheels on Tarmac or Red and White Rumble Strips will be DQ'd.
CLEAN
GrandValleyEast.jpg

DIRTY

GrandValleyEast_1-1.jpg

Steward's Comments:

This week we're off to the virtual racelands of Grand Valley Speedway. I've not driven much front wheel drive cars around this track, but this one is a lot of fun. It is forgiving and with the Racing Medium tires it puts down the power nicely. The rear of the car is loose enough so you can play with it using the throttle. Good luck! 👍

Viewing your T1 & T2 Time Splits:
  • You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay' (See pic below)
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Gallery' option.
  • Live timing monitor does not work properly, so we have to use a small trick to view splits.
  • While viewing your Replay, pause the lap by hitting start, before the end of the first sector.
  • While keeping the replay paused, advance the replay, using the forward arrow on the replay HUD. This will advance the replay to the end of the first sector. That's your T1 split, write it down.
  • Advance the replay again. That will show the lap to date time on the screen, this is your first and second sector time, added together.
  • To post your T1 & T2 Splits, simply post the lap to date times that are shown in the middle of the screen. Do not try to calculate the actual T2 split time, the Fetchbot will do that for you.
SaveBestLapIcon.png

(Best Lap Replay Icon)

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on IM services or via other private conversation methods):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• The first 2 splits: T1 & T2 times
  • Any settings discussion

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 37 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Then attach your 'Best Lap'/'Ghost' replay in zip file form. Everyone submits a replay instead of listing a lap time.
  • You will need to put something in the message body in order to begin a conversation. It doesn't matter what you put, it can even be 1 letter or symbol. Nobody but the Fetchbot is going to see it, so it's sort of pointless, anyhow.
  • You will get an automated response within 15min, letting you know whether your submission was accepted, or if you had an error.
  • If you have an error, don't panic. Just review the instructions for submission and submit again. If you are having trouble and cannot figure it out, please post your question in the race thread.
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week XX Get Entry" and any text in the body.
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week XX Remove Entry" and any text in the body.
  • If you want to submit multiple times in the week that is still not a problem. Just reply to the conversation with your new time and new replay. Fetchy always uses the last submitted time as the final one.
  • See this screenshot as an example on how to submit:

• The deadline is Monday, October 6th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.
Replay Checking:

• Everyone is required to submit a replay for verification. This happens when you submit to the Fetchbot, and the replays will be visible in the leaderboard, once we've reached the event deadline
  • Participants will be expected to check each others' replays for cleanliness, for replays marked in the Results thread as (Check Needed)
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Good luck, :gtplanet:

OLR Team

Last edited:
Awesome!!! Can't wait to take pictures of these cars!!!!

Can't wait to drive it either!!! :D

Just had a go with it with my DS3. I think I''ll have blast this week :D that car is more fun and less understeer than I thought. Also the track is quite long which is a good challenge for me because normally I do better at small to medium long track because they are faster to learn and repeat so I become quicker in a more efficient way, so lets see how this will unfold. Hoping to get a proper go at it tomorrow.

That was pretty dumb. I told myself I won't quit until I get under 40 and 1'16.
That took longer than expected.
Using custom tune. Let's just say I'm pretty high on LSD :)

1'15.950

This one might be more about tuning than I originally thought.

Last edited:
This is one of my favorite tracks. Just have to get a better handle on the way the front end of this car handles.
Hope I have time this week to give it a good go. First splits:

1:15.983

Two days ago, I didn´t understand how GTP_WRS work. I decided to start reading yesterday how it works, and thanks to the nice explanations on the posts, video-guides and the recent new of the special F3 event, I finally understood how it works! It is easier than I thought. I will participate on this event.

Just a question: After the deadline, the Race of the event date and details is posted on the GTP WRS announcements thread, isnt it? Do i need to post on that thread that I want to participate in the race? Or, just if I run the qualifying i´am automatically able to participate in the race?

Thanks

Two days ago, I didn´t understand how GTP_WRS work. I decided to start reading yesterday how it works, and thanks to the nice explanations on the posts, video-guides and the recent new of the special F3 event, I finally understood how it works! It is easier than I thought. I will participate on this event.

Just a question: After the deadline, the Race of the event date and details is posted on the GTP WRS announcements thread, isnt it? Do i need to post on that thread that I want to participate in the race? Or, just if I run the qualifying i´am automatically able to participate in the race?

Thanks

For the online race go to this section - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gtp-weekly-race-series-online-events.248/
Yes you will need to register for the race.

The timeline of each WRS combo is like this. Starting Saturday or Sunday, the Time Trial Thread (for example the DinoSOWr combo) gets posted. Then, Thursday the Online Race Thread gets posted. Each online race is also announced here, so I recommend you subscribe to that thread. So the following Saturday is the Worldwide race, followed by the Time Trial deadline on Monday. The combo concludes with the EU and NA races on Wednesday.

And then a new combo is already live as well. Never a dull moment around here :D

Thanks

There is one extra step to get registered for the online race. In order for our automated registration system using Google Docs to work, you will need to fill in the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form , then wait for confirmation from one of the stewards and you are good to go. You will only need to do that once.

From that point you can just register for each event you want to participate in by using the big "Register Here" button in each thread.

This is one of my favorite tracks. Just have to get a better handle on the way the front end of this car handles.
Hope I have time this week to give it a good go. First splits:

1:15.983

Good times! So fast so early on in the week must mean a promising result I think. Here are my first times still see loads off time to be gained! I hope I can slowly sneak up on you on the leaderboard. So for starters....

1:16.880

Back