GTP_WRS Week 37 : Don't Cha Wish Your Golf Was Pretty Like Me?

  • Thread starter Thread starter PASM
  • 269 comments
  • 23,263 views
Nice work...usually when we have close splits you hammer me in the final sector...I don't think I can beat my current lap so I'm just gonna keep my fingers crossed :sly:

I'd have to put a lot of time into this to make any improvement and I don't know if I'll have the chance. I'll keep my fingers crossed as well but I figure we'll see some other names popping up on the leaderboard by Monday.
 
I'd have to put a lot of time into this to make any improvement and I don't know if I'll have the chance. I'll keep my fingers crossed as well but I figure we'll see some other names popping up on the leaderboard by Monday.
Me thinks you are right!
 
Frightening to see the timesheets, do not know where do you find that second in the second sector, thanks to PASM settings and MINI Stiggy, but had not been able to approach only suits a little hardness to lower the suspension and aerodynamics that would fit with my style of driving, I see tremendous partial in this test, do not know how I'm going to bring, continue testing.

39.577
1.15.527
 
Nice. I can run 10 laps in the row with 1'15.6-7 T2 but nothing faster :)
I'll spend some more time on this tomorrow.
Thanks Mike! -0.6 on the line...Did a little setup testing after that and I think I'll turn up DF to about 125/75 and change LSD brake sensivity to 12-15 and try that tomorrow...Still a lap full of mistakes, and I think these changes help out.
 
40.402
1:16.919
 
My first 50K in the Scirocco with stock settings just to get used to the track and the car and that gave me these splits.

40.517
77.317

Car feels a bit loose on turning in and has some wheel spin on the slow corners.
So I thinks there's more to come if I find the time to actualy drive it again with some tuning.
 
If you want it tighter on turn in you can bump the rear ride height up (by 5) or increase the deceleration setting on the diff.
 
39.582
1:15.382

I feel like I have at least .5 sec to improve. Ran a 1:15.1 the lap after this but botched the 3rd sector.
Gonna eat dinner, will return after that.
 
From what i read i'm thinking the tranny is adjustable?
 
Finally got back to this event after race preparations for the f3 event took up more time than I expected

T1 39.389
T2 1.14.578

Lost half a tenth out of final chicane but doubt I can pull much more from the car
 
trying higher LSD numbers (27/60/5):

39.713
75.580
 
40.226
1:16.393
 
Everything can be adjusted.

The camber or toe settings (can't remember exactly which one) are grayed out and not adjustable in my system. Is that the way it's supposed to be?
 
The camber or toe settings (can't remember exactly which one) are grayed out and not adjustable in my system. Is that the way it's supposed to be?
Yes,the toe,it's how come the car after buy it.
 
The camber or toe settings (can't remember exactly which one) are grayed out and not adjustable in my system. Is that the way it's supposed to be?
Yeah.
 
The camber or toe settings (can't remember exactly which one) are grayed out and not adjustable in my system. Is that the way it's supposed to be?
These probably generally depend on the kind of suspension used in the car being modeled. Even if it's a virtual modification like this one.
 
39.444
1'15.044

Bigger gain at the line than the splits would indicate. Just might be it for me.
 
Heres the tune i used to get my current splits. For anyone interested.
It's mini stiggys tune with these changes
DF-100/50
Loylds LSD-10/30/5
My transmission settings:
Final gear full right
Max speed full left
1-2.310
2-1.712
3-1.381
4-1.159
5-1.002
6-0.882
Final gear-3.900

Hope it helps.
 
It did :)

39.600
1'15.417
 
Sorry about the double post.

39.664
1'15.214

Not completely happy with it after I had several 39.4 T1s and there is more time to be found in the last sector.
 
39.357
1´14.724
 
39.357
1'14.724
 
41.350
1'18.434

Yeah,I know it's bad even for my first WRS TT
 
2nd try (MiniStiggy's last posted improved tune)

40.144
1'16.427
 
Back