GTP_WRS Week 37 : Don't Cha Wish Your Golf Was Pretty Like Me?

  • Thread starter Thread starter PASM
  • 269 comments
  • 23,263 views
Car was driving like a pig before using @Mini Stiggy 's tune @PASM 's transmission and @Meister Fetz tips
First splits
39.643
1:15:459
Messed up hairpin before t1
Bad entry in the first tunnel and lost time in last "S"

More to come
 
Yeah, my setup is probably rubbish, especially the downforce setting. But the gears would be optimal for the top speed. Maybe it could be tweaked a bit for certain corners, but the difference would be very minor.
 
40.316
76.916
 
New splits.
39.755
1'15.889
 
What's wrong, I've tried Bart's tune and Labrat's and I still can't beat the times I'm getting with the stock settings. I'm a second off the pace using both tunes compared to my stock time, I just can't figure out the right tune for me, I would do it myself but I have no knowledge of tuning. :confused:

Edit: Nevermind, I was using Racing Hard tires...:lol:. I'll try it out on medium and see the results.
 
First splits:

39.949
1'16.399

That's better... :dopey:

Still another half a second to be lost in sector 2, maybe that's a bit optimistic but still, if I want to get into D2, I'll have to drive like D2. :)
 
I submitted a replay but I'm worried if I left Grip reduction on low. Would fetchy reject if this was the case?
 
first try , thanks mini stiggy and Bart for the tunes

39.755
1'15.571
 
39.747
1'15.830

Thanks @mr_lab_rat the tune took some getting use to but it works, into the 1'15's!
 
end of first session. lots of tuning-work to do:scared:...

40.127
76.094
 
Now, let me change into something more decent...
40.260
1'16.477
The real WRS week begins here for me, the relentless search for the elusive tenths we all know too well :gtpflag:
 
Good times! So fast so early on in the week must mean a promising result I think. Here are my first times still see loads off time to be gained! I hope I can slowly sneak up on you on the leaderboard. So for starters....

40.297
1:16.880
@GTP_Dutchy I just now saw your post. Thanks for the compliment. I'm sure you'll be in front of me before weeks end. I haven't forgot the thrashing you gave us at HSR. Good luck Kevin.
 
On one hand, I'm bummed to know its too late to post my replay for week 36 after spending all that time :sad:

On the other, I get to drive one of my favorite cars I've enjoyed in week 37 but now with a wheel so I'll likely enjoy it more (assuming the FFB doesn't decide to kick my butt again)
 
The pleads from the rubber finally heard, -856 ms.

40.284
76.317
 
First laps, really need to improve

40.329
1.16.963
 
40.100
1.16.133
 
Last edited:
sorry for the double post

40.100
1.16.133
 
40.516
1'17.434
 
40.108
1:16.575
 
@GTP_Dutchy I just now saw your post. Thanks for the compliment. I'm sure you'll be in front of me before weeks end. I haven't forgot the thrashing you gave us at HSR. Good luck Kevin.

It's not going so well as at the HSR but then again I invested a lot more time in that one. I just had my second session today. not quite happy with the lap but it's improvement :D

39.823
1:15.757

-edit: @Mini Stiggy thank you for your tune. The only adjustment i made was a little more downforce on the back since i was struggling keeping it under control in the first corner and the lefthander after the first tunnel. I used it combo with @PASM gearbox settings.
 
Back