• Model: GT by Citroen
  • Drive Train: ---

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 778 BHP
  • Weight: 1400 KG
  • Driving Aids: Optional
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Tyre Type: S2 / S2
  • In-Race RA Functions: Optional (if available)

gt8erle1.jpg

Race Specifics:

• Green areas, including grass areas are not considered part of the track
  • Your run must be done while being OFF LINE

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • run-off areas are not part of the track
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • no hybrids
  • no cheating of any kind, these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done, and we can read your mind. We will know.
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • save your replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:

You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'.
To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Page' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay' option.

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

Submission:
All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 39 Submission ) to (Vaxen):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    [Division#]---M'SS.XXX---GTP_Tag
    (Example-) [division 2]---1'44.678---GTP_Sjaak
  • you can submit only once
  • please include in your submission PM your division, GTP_Tag and final lap time
  • the deadline is Monday 3 August 11:59 pm GMT
  • if you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.
Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • when a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Good luck,
OLR Admin Team:gtpflag:

Last edited:
wow, this is going to take some practice... I'll have terrible splits posted by tonight.
Like the challenge though:tup:

Yea, just wow what a car choise!

Looks interesting combo, hmm..

MadMax

Wow, this is going to be extroadinary.:D Driven this car once and couldn't come to grips with it. So this may mix up the results.

EDIT:

First run.

T1: 18.954
T2: 49.018

Extremely hard car and frustrating car to drive. The nose just doesn't "stick", it just wants to "push" the whole way through the corner. So you can't get on the throttle as early as you expect.:grumpy: At turn 1 the lowest speed I got to was 69km/h, extremely slow for such a high powered car.;)

Last edited:
I wondered when that car would come by ... luckily it's set at one of my favorite tracks in Prologue, so I say 👍 have fun all in the coming week :)

At turn 1 the lowest speed I got to was 69km/h, extremely slow for such a high powered car.;)

Ha, when I read the threadstart I for some reason thought the track was to be Daytona Speedway. I really wondered how anyone could go through turn one at Daytona at 69 km/h. :dopey:

I'm back from vacation so I will probably take part in this one

Same here!

May give this one a miss. But I'll be back next week.

Quick way to earn a million. S-Event 9. Daytona Speedway 👍
Just bought the car. I need to redeem myself. Im not too happy with last week.

Oh man, I've actually tried this combo a few times before and the lack of gear thing really throws me! Like Steven though, Fuji is my favourtie track so I can't wait to give it a go, should be some interesting results this week - good work guys!

EDIT: I normally use cockpit view but have to switch to bumper for this, anyone else noticed you can't see a thing from inside - and it has the turning circle of an oil tanker!

Last edited:
I don't know if I can bring myself to use roof cam since cockpit view in this is useless and blind.:( I tried roof cam in this before and went whacky, so I'll have to give this a miss sorry.:(

PS- You can put the drivetrain as AWD, and believe it or not it can be tuned to handle half respectably (torque split, spring rates make the biggest differences, as well as rear toe of course)..

Ok, I'll kick things off with my first attempt, plenty more to be got here though:

T1 - 0'19.917
T2 - 0'50.692

I don't know if I can bring myself to use roof cam since cockpit view in this is useless and blind.:( I tried roof cam in this before and went whacky, so I'll have to give this a miss sorry.:(

PS- You can put the drivetrain as AWD, and believe it or not it can be tuned to handle half respectably (torque split, spring rates make the biggest differences, as well as rear toe of course)..

Why don't you use Bumper cam? I find that I can't lap quickly enough in cockpit view because the visability out of most cars is shocking. So I miss loads of apexs, which is why I use bumper cam in all cars (except F2007, since it's so fast, in bumper cam you can't see the corners coming up:lol:)

Indeed. But i guess some guys just like the feel of the cockpit view. Personally, i use it in all races im in, except for WRS time trials. I kinda wish theres a rule that we can only use cockpit views, but not everyone has a fifty inch flat screen so its not really fair for everyone. Would be great if the view in cockpit view (head of driver) moves to the direction of the corner you are going to like it is instictively done in real life, unlike its fixed state right now.

Quick way to earn a million. S-Event 9. Daytona Speedway
I use either a short low-interest Pro live event for making cash or the S-6 (7?) race with the F40, which is everytime fun because you never know if you can make bronze, silver or gold.

To Paulie - perhaps true about the tuneability of the car, but unfortunately this is a TT event ...

Last edited:
Indeed. But i guess some guys just like the feel of the cockpit view. Personally, i use it in all races im in, except for WRS time trials. I kinda wish theres a rule that we can only use cockpit views, but not everyone has a fifty inch flat screen so its not really fair for everyone. Would be great if the view in cockpit view (head of driver) moves to the direction of the corner you are going to like it is instictively done in real life, unlike its fixed state right now.

I have a 66cm SD TV from like 1995.:dopey::lol: I do have a 50" in the other room, but wouldn't be able to play GT as much out there. I have used it before for GT and my lap times dropped instantly and it was also easier to use cockpit view then what it is on an SD TV. I can see where you guys are coming from I suppose.

Back on topic.:dopey:

Great splits by the way Animera.👍

Thanks, I was quite shocked when I saved the lap and watched it to note my splits.
No doubt you'll whizz past me when you have another run.

Why don't you use Bumper cam? I find that I can't lap quickly enough in cockpit view because the visability out of most cars is shocking. So I miss loads of apexs, which is why I use bumper cam in all cars (except F2007, since it's so fast, in bumper cam you can't see the corners coming up:lol:)

Because
a) I like to have some identifying features to the car I'm driving
b) I can't tell the external dimensions of the car in bumper cam causing me to miss apexes :lol:
c) It feels more realistic in cockpit view.:sly:

What a heap of **** this car is, the limit is difficult to obtain, haven't unlocked all of the cars secrets yet, but gave it a solid effort with this lap

t1 18.822

I agree Dan, It is so hard to be consistent in it. I'm sometimes doing good laps and then the next lap is 3 seconds slower even though I don't go off. I'm really struggling to piece together a good one. But your splits are crazy fast.👍

What a heap of **** this car is
:lol:
Didn't get my first in yet, had some misfortune last night. I also found that my Citroen GT vanished! Don't know where it went, I still have times saved in my game for it on Daytona Speedway, but the car is gone! Luckily I'd saved up 1.2 mil already, but know I'm another mil away from my F2007:grumpy:

When I saw the thread title I immediately thought, "Jeez, what'll those people who drive in cockpit view all the time do this week?" :lol: This car's cockpit is really pathetic though (from an ergonomic POV), the interior designer has clearly never driven one himself.

On the other hand, very very interesting combo this week. I have nightmares with this car's braking (stupid auto tranny) and turn-in understeer, but luckily the track is one of my best (thanks to GTP_Qualifier lol), so hopefully I'll get some good results in this week.

For first corner I found it easier to get the car to turn in by dabbing the handbrake.

My biggest problem so far is the last uphill complex. This car can't trail brake AT ALL. So I'm forced to brake in a straight line, but by doing so I'm compromising my line. Headaches headaches headaches...

Anyway, here's my first splits:
T1 0.19.024
T2 0.49.622

PS Has anyone noticed that the CGT goes in reverse as fast as forward due to its single gear gearbox? Makes for a truly hilarious replay :lol:. We should have a special WRS week: CGT @ Eiger, Reverse Driving only :lol:.

Man, if Citroen want to shift 6 of these at the price they're asking, GT5P is NOT a good advert for the car. If any can work out how to get this thing to turn a corner, please let me know, I think the steering lock is stuck on in mine. Anyhow latest splits:

T1 - 0'19.126
T2 - 0'50.083

(By the way, lack of engine braking forcing anyone else to have to learn how to drive again?!?!)

Had another run couple of hours ago, and discovered a few things about this car, you actually need to turn the wheel hard mid apex to force the car to turn, rather than rolling the car in without tire screaching, be back with some better splits soon

I'll give this a go, I tried driving the car once at Suzuka for 'fun'. It didn't seem that bad to me at the time besides the whole one gear garbage. But it may help to listen to the engine and rpms as you exit turns to help to see how fast you are going through them.

Jerome

Back