Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: Optional
  • Weight: Optional
  • Driving Aids: Optional
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Tyre Type: Optional
  • Performance Points: 800 PP
  • Tuning: Optional
  • In-Race RA Functions: Optional (if available)

p8290024.jpg

Race Specifics:

• [*]The green painted concrete next of the rumbles is not part of the track
    [*]G25 Clutch is prohibited
    [*]Use your GTP_Tag

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:

You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'.
To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Page' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay' option.

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • The green painted concrete next of the rumbles is not part of the track
  • runoff areas are not part of the track
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • no hybrids
  • no cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

The posting of settings is encouraged, but it's certainly not mandatory. We respect anyone wishing not to post settings, so please do not publicly ask someone to post their settings, they will if they want to.
It is however expected for splits to be posted if you're taking part.

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 44 Submission ) to (Vaxen):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    [Division#]---M'SS.XXX---GTP_Tag
    (Example-) [division 2]---1'44.678---GTP_Sjaak
  • you can submit only once
  • please include in your submission PM your division, GTP_Tag and final lap time
  • the deadline is Monday 7 September 11:59pm GMT
  • if you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • when a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
I've been on holiday for a few weeks but now I'm back and I'll give this a try.

Never driven this car but it looks quite fun, and I love Suzuka!

Cool. I already have a tune out too, although don't be surprised if it gets altered as the week progresses, you never know.:sly:

Oh wow, way to break me back in gently after a few weeks away! Looking forward to this one for sure! Now, where's Paulie's tune.....

Well now, who put me in a Corvette?:dopey: Naturally I'm straight on to it this week.:sly: First splits:

T1- 49.998
T2- 1'31.481

Now, if I'm perfectly honest, other than maybe Degner every corner of this lap has time to be made up.:lol: Such a small margin for error, I imagine that it will get frustrating by the end of the week.:lol:

First splits:

T1: 49.951
T2: 1'31.359

Thrown away numerous 49.8 T1s and 1'31.2 T2s :(

Participation should be great this week, excellent combo choice Sjaak, one of the best so far 👍

EDIT:
T1: 49.856
T2: 1'31.151

There's a little left in there as I've had a 49.811 and better hairpin exits, but that's pretty close to my limit.

All the best
Maz

Last edited:
First splits:

T1: 49.951
T2: 1'31.359

Thrown away numerous 49.8 T1s and 1'31.2 T2s :(

Participation should be great this week, excellent combo choice Sjaak, one of the best so far 👍

All the best
Maz

The gauntlet was thrown on the ground said he!

Edit: Nice new splits, I'll look forward to chasing that down.;)

Last edited:
This is a beast! I will be running this full time after I perfect The Mustang. Im sad that the previous week will be over :(.

Quick question(s), is it ok to race our creations as well as free-lapping, and would anyone be interested in a vette only 'practise' schedule for this where we can race each other and not worry too much about being toasted by Amuses and GTLM's (assuming the answer to my first question is yes)?

Nice tune Paulie btw, you are right, you certainly do know your muscle cars!

Last edited:
Quick question(s), is it ok to race our creations as well as free-lapping, and would anyone be interested in a vette only 'practise' schedule for this where we can race each other and not worry too much about being toasted by Amuses and GTLM's (assuming the answer to my first question is yes)?

You are absolutely free (and ecouraged!) to race your creations online. The only thing we ask is that you not post your best free run time in this thread. 👍

Feel free to start a "WRS tune only" event over on the GT5:P Race Events forum. These event times are generally member run, so there won't be an official association with the WRS.

Great combo! This might become one of the most popular ones in the short history of GTP_WRS. Yummie!

I have been using Paulie's tune for this car and the only thing I'd like adjusted is its crazy oversteer in 2nd. More DF won't help there, so perhaps the gear should be lengthened a bit to keep it in control?

Board following in the afternoon.

Thanks for the tune comment, and may I just say that Amuses don't toast Corvettes, and GTLMs aren't allowed in the last round of the GTP Event, so it will mostly be non-forum-associated drivers using them, and 95% of those won't even be able to keep it on track.:P

Edit: Seven, oversteer in 2nd gear? I thought it was remarkably stable actually, especially for 800 PP. I can't lengthen it anyway, it's as long as it will go.

I'm interested but I'll still be only using the Corvette :D

Hi Steven, you can put me down as using my own tune
Sorted.

Nice to see the "Tuning" column return, it's good avertisement for TLD.:sly: So everyone make sure if you're using my tune post about it.:dopey:
I figured in a combo like this it really matters what tune you're using hence the return of the tuning column.
Please state which tune you're using whether it's your own or borrowed from one of the regular tuners 👍

I'm interested but I'll still be only using the Corvette :D

Sorted.

I figured in a combo like this it really matters what tune you're using hence the return of the tuning column.
Please state which tune you're using whether it's your own or borrowed from one of the regular tuners 👍

Ok "own" just looks silly up there, you may as well label it as "T&L" since I'm a member of that team. Apologies for the continuing inconvenience, Steven. Thank you again for maintaining these boards :cheers:

All the best
Maz

Ok "own" just looks silly up there, you may as well label it as "T&L" since I'm a member of that team. Apologies for the continuing inconvenience, Steven. Thank you again for maintaining these boards :cheers:

All the best
Maz
Sorted, tho I can't use the &-sign in Luxy or it starts behaving real funny (system function or something).

Thanks & you're welcome, tho I really don't know what'll happen to the leaderboard once the full game will arrive. For off-line stuff we will probably have to go on maintaining one of our own, and the thought of 200-500 participants in WRS does not fill me with pleasure when thinking about a centrally updated leaderboard.

My own first set of splits after about 10 laps and some fiddling on Paulie's excellent tune:

1'36.271

Rear camber up to 1.6, rear downforce up to 35, weight up to 86%, breaks set to 8/7.

Well I'm back after a few weeks off. Using the TLD tune and can see plenty of time to be had. Been quicker but seem to apply a bit too much right foot in a corner. First splits

1'33.342

im very excited for this weeks race. ive raced the vette on this track before, and im excited to see just how much i can push it. great combo :]

i will have splits up later tonight.

good luck everyone!

Very fun and challenging! 👍

First splits using TLD and some minor changes.
Much more to come. This was my only clean lap where i didnt end up off the track!
I just keep pushing and pushing till i snap and end up spinning out of control :D
But a great race :]
Very excited to see how well everyone else does.

T1: '52.550
T2: 1'35.749

New splits using TLD tune with 8/7 on the brakes

T1 - 52.304
T2 - 1'35.370

I know I can go faster because I have 3 times already, sadly whilst leading a race online and not whilst free lapping :rolleyes:

First splits for me this week.

T1: 50.079
T2: 1:31.762

I can still see many 10ths around the lap, so will keep chipping away at it.

Well I was going to get online tonight and chase down Maz, but I hadn't done the new and pointless system update yet which on my slow connection has just wasted my entire night.:irked:

Edit: Maybe not, it just did around 60% in 1.5hrs then the remaining 40% in a couple mins/sec?:odd: I'll have a quick run now I guess, but may not improve tonight as I need to get to sleep earlier, I'm not getting enough sleep.:banghead:

Edit 2: Got my T1 right where I want it (maybe a couple one hundredths in it), literally used every inch of road it looks cool in replay.:sly: But messed up Spoon enough to cost me maybe 2 tenths I don't know:

T1- 49.855
T2- 1'31.445

I'm finding a lot of understeer at high speeds and I suspect I could play with the downforce and achieve better acceleration and turning ability at the same time, or at least better acceleration if I have to increase stability by other means for low speed corners. But either way, I'm hoping a setup change will provide me with the pace to catch Maz's impressive lap. It will have to wait until Thursday though.

Edit 3: It's great to see so many TLD tunes on the board too, thanks fellas.:cheers:

Last edited:
Just given it my first shot with a tune strongly biased towards cornering (R3 tires).

It's a joy to drive and with my favourite (and best track), I wish I would have more time this week. As it is I may only have one more effort.

Splits:

1'34.319

It was only a short, 30m session, and I'm a bit out of practice so I hope I can improve.

Where could I find the TLD tune to see if it makes a big difference for me?

Latest Posts

Back