GTP_WRS Week 45 : Recovering Fujiholic

• Thread starter Argon
  • 219 comments
Really? I turned them off at Red Bull Ring 2 weeks ago, and I've come back again this week and they were all back to the defaults that they were on day 1. I change them before running and it remembers the settings so long as you don't leave the TT, but once I leave and come back I still have to change the settings again. Can't wait until it just remembers that I've put the same settings on for about a year now lol.
Yeah, mine are always off now. Have been like that for a few months. I've even quit checking it. I can turn them on if I want but never do.

Awesome splits, Phillip :bowdown:

Thanks Guido.

At least this replay goes past the finish line, tidy up the last sector now, I've done with T1/T2 hopefully I can get a faster line time that saves ok, thats the norm with me I loose in one and two, but gain a lot in the last sector.

Silly old 🤬 cant string them altogether, I get bored and start looking for the bugger and coffee bar.

@dranddad you gotta stay away from that "bugger" bar!

Hilarious.gif

Daily workout complete and I got a McLaren 650s gr.4 this time :ill:

No improved lap but have made some gains in 1&2. I found switching the brake bias forward helped in the big braking areas but did nothing for the final sector.

I’m way of the pace here,. Something about McLaren’s and Japanese tracks... :confused:

First few laps done. Been really enjoying driving Gr.3 cars on this track recently so I thought I would give this a try. Can see a mid .8 sector 1 and I'm sure 30.9 sector 2s can be done as I got a big kick of oversteer on the exit of the hairpin on this lap. :)

Still at BB+2... let’s me trail brake a bit more which suits my driving style of missing my braking points half of the time.

Another .200 at the line with a better last sector. More time to find in that last sector for sure.

@Fastas @monoha

I haven't posted times yet but have done a few runs and my initial findings for sector 2

CocaCola is about bravery and nothing else hit it hard and fast and cut that apex very hard. if the bollard is still standing you aint doing it right.

130R is a double apex and you need to stay tight to the inside and hit both apex's. I found shifting down to 3rd just before the second apex gave me a bit of extra grip and allowed me to plant my foot for the run to the sharp left hander. The left hander is really tricky as you don't want to hit the rumble too much it upsets the car, don't hit the rumble enough and you compromise the exit. It's a late apex to get the best exit.

Not sure if that's the best advice but it seems to work for me

Thanks Mike and Phil (pm).

I’m still going backward so I’ve parked it for now. I’m happy enough with my T1. T3 is okay (I hope!) but I just haven’t hooked up T2.
I can get out of the hairpin fairly good so it must be in the left-hander and the double’ right, I haven’t bettered a .4 yet.

Purple S1, Purple or bloody well close enough in S2, and absolutely butchered the first hairpin in S3 to only go up 0.01 at the end. Should have been not just the lap that I was aiming for but THE lap that couldn't be replicated but nah get screwed me.
I'm pretty sick of begging the tyre gods to grant me safe passage through corner exit on these stock diff settings, think I'm gonna pack it in well short before I stab something.
Was never going to actually catch Doodle, perfect lap would have got me within a tenth or so but this is nowhere near.

I may not be a Fujiholic, but I am a rage-aholic, I just can't live without rageahol!!
I'm pretty sick of begging the tyre gods to grant me safe passage through corner exit on these stock diff settings, think I'm gonna pack it in well short before I stab something.
Classic SaltsTC.
At least I can call it ahead of time without meaning to lol.

Latest Posts

Back