• Power Limiter: 70%
  • KERS boost Allowed, map the Nitro button to use it
Driving Options:
  • Transmission: Auto or Manual
  • Tires: Racing Hard
  • Driving Line | Traction Control | ASM | ABS: Optional
  • Brake Balance: Optional
  • Active Steering | Skid Recovery Force: Prohibited
  • Tuning: Allowed. All adjustable parts are allowed to be changed. Including Ballast. No Upgrade Parts Allowed
  • Improve Body Rigidity: Not Allowed
  • In-Race RA Functions: Allowed as Available
  • Custom Wheels and Paint Not Available
Course Settings:
  • Time: Not Variable at This Track
  • Weather: Weather not Variable at This Track
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Real

Race Specifics:
  • The event MUST be run using your registered account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Use of the Handbrake is Prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Tarmac and Red and White Rumble Strips are Track
  • No Other Surfaces are Track.
  • Those who use the runoff areas without keeping at least 2 wheels on Tarmac or Red and White Rumble Strips will be DQ'd.
Steward's Comments:
We're going with the Special Event VIII Theme this week. You have your choice of car to use for the event. Results will be posted for each car respectively. The leaderboard will not show which car you are using, but please share in your posts. You have to choose one car or the other, you cannot submit times for both.

Who says hybrids are slow? In today's world, even at the highest level of sports car racing, the FIA World Endurance Championship is dominated by hybrids in the LMP-H category. These two cars aren't your average Prius though, the hybrid systems are far more efficient at boosting performance.

The TS030 uses supercapacitors to store kinetic energy during braking and deploys it again in the next acceleration zone from about 70% throttle input at a minimum speed of 125 km/h. The car gave Audi a run for their money and took victory in the first six hours of Fuji it took part in.

The FT-1 uses an energy storage module of greater capacity. The KERS boost can be used for several seconds at a time. Toyota is being very secretive about the technology in this car, even more so about the power and weight figures.

We challenge you to take on one of these machines and learn all about the combo that will be the upcoming WRS 2.4 hour Endurance Special!

Viewing your T1 & T2 Time Splits:
  • You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay' (See pic below)
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Gallery' option.
  • Live timing monitor does not work properly, so we have to use a small trick to view splits.
  • While viewing your Replay, pause the lap by hitting start, before the end of the first sector.
  • While keeping the replay paused, advance the replay, using the forward arrow on the replay HUD. This will advance the replay to the end of the first sector. That's your T1 split, write it down.
  • Advance the replay again. That will show the lap to date time on the screen, this is your first and second sector time, added together.
  • To post your T1 & T2 Splits, simply post the lap to date times that are shown in the middle of the screen. Do not try to calculate the actual T2 split time, the Fetchbot will do that for you.
SaveBestLapIcon.png

(Best Lap Replay Icon)

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrid cheats
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on IM services or via other private conversation methods):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• The first 2 splits: T1 & T2 times
  • Any settings discussion

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 46 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Then attach your 'Best Lap'/'Ghost' replay in zip file form. Everyone submits a replay instead of listing a lap time.
  • You will need to put something in the message body in order to begin a conversation. It doesn't matter what you put, it can even be 1 letter or symbol. Nobody but the Fetchbot is going to see it, so it's sort of pointless, anyhow.
  • You will get an automated response within 15min, letting you know whether your submission was accepted, or if you had an error.
  • If you have an error, don't panic. Just review the instructions for submission and submit again. If you are having trouble and cannot figure it out, please post your question in the race thread.
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week XX Get Entry" and any text in the body.
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week XX Remove Entry" and any text in the body.
  • If you want to submit multiple times in the week that is still not a problem. Just reply to the conversation with your new time and new replay. Fetchy always uses the last submitted time as the final one.
  • See this screenshot as an example on how to submit:

• The deadline is Monday, December 8th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.
Replay Checking:

• Everyone is required to submit a replay for verification. This happens when you submit to the Fetchbot, and the replays will be visible in the leaderboard, once we've reached the event deadline
  • Participants will be expected to check each others' replays for cleanliness, for replays marked in the Results thread as (Check Needed)
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Good luck, :gtplanet:

OLR Team

Last edited:
I've decided to use my DFGT for this event since I'm finally able to be decent with it (in other words stay on track and put up lap times comparable with my DS3 times).

Anyways, after my first few laps in the FT-1.

Ft-1

Still a little KERS in the tank at the end.

Gonna have to give the hybrid a spin too for grins.
------
Edit I've been grinding in this car for the last week, so quick tips on using KERS: 1) map the KERS (nitro) button to something easy to reach. I have mine mapped to the *o* button. 2) hit the KERS briefly out of the first, hold it until you shift to 3rd out of the hair pin, and hammer it down the straight. 3) you don't need a full tank of KERS to learn the car and the track, so don't worry about hitting the restart button after every lap early on.

Last edited:
FT-1

BB 6/5 ABS 0 ;)

Why aren't splits showing up on the leaderboard?

Last edited:
TS030

0'18.175
0'45.408

Only ran 20 laps for this session, I will do more as time permits.

Am I missing something??? I have almost a 10 sec per lap difference in the 2 cars. I double checked the specs of the event and I mapped the KERS to my O button as suggested (and using it).

The people who posted split times for the FT-1 had worse lap times with the TS030?

Am I missing something??? I have almost a 10 sec per lap difference in the 2 cars. I double checked the specs of the event and I mapped the KERS to my O button as suggested (and using it).

The people who posted split times for the FT-1 had worse lap times with the TS030?

That is the idea. In fact, you can see it like this: there are 2 separate time trials this week. Those that drive the FT-1 don't compete with the TS030's and the handicaps will be calculated accordingly.

When practicing with FT-1 it seemed that if used manually, the Kers never completely recharges afterwards, which makes you slower in the following laps. It's just me??
Also, mapping the the nitro button doesn't stop the kers being used automatically, does it?

When practicing with FT-1 it seemed that if used manually, the Kers never completely recharges afterwards, which makes you slower in the following laps. It's just me??
Also, mapping the the nitro button doesn't stop the kers being used automatically, does it?

It's not just you in the FT-1 i can never get 100% battery back either thou I found running a higher rear brake balance charges it faster .
No the Kers is used automaticly over 75kph at a steady rate using the nitro button just allows you you use all the power from the battery in one quick burst .
Extremely handy for executing a pass out of a slow corner or defending a position heading down a long straight.

Am I the only one who noticed? :D

• Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules

I knocked off a little more time in my second outing.

FT1

Perfect combo
:cheers:

Anyone with a good setup for the TS0? It seems to spin out in the back in every corner. Love the FT1. Looks and sounds great.

Those who pick the FT1 can they still note there time to the leaderboard?

Latest Posts

Back