GTP_WRS Week 47 : Like Fish in a Barrel

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 144 comments
I still hate hybrids, but I dislike this track just a little bit less than Fuji:

I first had to tune most of the incredible understeer out:
EggTune
Added improved rigidity, kept the standard brakes because this is an ABS0 tune

Suspension
15.00/21.00
3/3
5/5
3/4
0.0/0.0
0.00/-0.05

Brake balance (standard brakes)
2/5 (as I said, this is an ABS0 tune, and since this is a concept car, the brake balance is just horrible)

Transmission (start with the final gear at 5.000, then set max speed to 124 mph/200 km/h)
1st - 3.420
2nd - 2.702
3rd - 2.190
4th - 1.819
5th - 1.546
6th - 1.346
7th - 1.201
Final - 3.000

Limited-slip differential
Initial 7/-
Acceleration 18/-
Braking 5/-

Downforce
400/900

Unpredictable fantasy car, this one. It doesn't like turning at low speeds or it's just me? I'm crawling at the first turn, the downward left hander before the last kink, and the last two turns. High speed corners I can handle better, but those :banghead:

Will try setups because stock won't do. But I cant nail what the problem is. Sometimes I get understeer, sometimes snap oversteer...:irked:

Any advice appreciated :nervous:

Unpredictable fantasy car, this one. It doesn't like turning at low speeds or it's just me? I'm crawling at the first turn, the downward left hander before the last kink, and the last two turns. High speed corners I can handle better, but those :banghead:

Will try setups because stock won't do. But I cant nail what the problem is. Sometimes I get understeer, sometimes snap oversteer...:irked:

Any advice appreciated :nervous:

It's the LSD setting - the rear axle has 2 independent e-engines the front axle has only one so only the front differential comes to play. For now I'm at 7/16/12 - very likely that I'll reduce the brake sensitivity to 8-10.

I actually like the way this car drives, too bad it doesn't translate into me being faster.:lol:

Standard brakes :lol:

My tune (has worked better for me than @RS__96__oO's tune)
I'm sure my tune is a bit too basic for that junk car :lol: Although it says 4WD, it handles exactly like an FWD car, which surprised me a lot. I'll try out yours, and I'll appreciate everyone who posts his tune :D

My only clean lap for today
And 2 tenths at the line.
Still using Rs_96_oO's tune but lowered rear DF to 660

First run of intallation laps with a complete stock car. Biggest problem is to stay out of the walls which I managed for 9 laps and then i just stopped the session. Splits are not even that bad at all for stock that is.

I was sceptic about this one but I think i'm actually gonna like this one.

Thanks, I wasn't expecting I'll have to change the oil, I just got the car as new, but clearly the oil wasn't new, now is 611 PP, 651 BHP..
Changing oil right when you buy a car always gives a 5% boost in HP. More info can be found here.

Thanks, I wasn't expecting I'll have to change the oil, I just got the car as new, but clearly the oil wasn't new, now is 611 PP, 651 BHP..
That's been the story since who remembers when. I may have the history wrong, but back in the day, the stewards (and the early versions of Fetchy) couldn't tell whether the oil was changed or not, so it's been standard operating procedure to change the oil. Even though Fetchy can now tell what the PP and power limiter setting is on a given replay, it's still advised to change the oil because you don't get penalized for the free 5% boost in HP.

I used @Ettick's tune, but changed the mph to 193. It bounces off redline just at my braking point into turn 1. After throwing away a lot of improvements, I finally put a solid lap together. I was conservative in the final S bend before the last turn, since I didn't want to throw away another good run.

@RS__96__oO & @Ettick thanks for sharing your setup info.

I used RS_96_oO's suspension settings initially, but like Ettick I found that softer spring settings were faster (for me). (I am not as soft as Ettick)

I picked up a little more speed today by changing my LSD to Ettick's (From my own setting).

Anyone using a rear brake bias > 6?

@RS__96__oO & @Ettick thanks for sharing your setup info.

I used RS_96_oO's suspension settings initially, but like Ettick I found that softer spring settings were faster (for me). (I am not as soft as Ettick)

I picked up a little more speed today by changing my LSD to Ettick's (From my own setting).

Anyone using a rear brake bias > 6?
I'm switching between 6/6 and 6/7. I tried @Ettick 's tune yesterday and somehow I was 5km/h faster on the line by simply having the softer springs :dunce: Also the devilish downforce setting was helping out in some corners ;)

Back