GTP_WRS Week 47 : Like Fish in a Barrel

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 144 comments
Found my actual splits using the replay trick I didn't understand at first.

And learned from Grav and Joost that Fetchy hadn't forgotten about his predecessor after a year of absence :)

3 split can realy mess up you'r total time :banghead: 9 laps in a row i was right on @RS__96__oO but one lap i was 2/10 off, but 2/10 faster at the line. Go figure :banghead:

3 split can realy mess up you'r total time :banghead: 9 laps in a row i was right on @RS__96__oO but one lap i was 2/10 off, but 2/10 faster at the line. Go figure :banghead:
Same here. I'm focusing now to get a good T3, as it's so important to get right. I'll do another session shortly, but I don't think I can do a faster T2... Most of the time I gained there was in the left-right after the first split, and that's one of the key corners in my opinion.

Same here. I'm focusing now to get a good T3, as it's so important to get right. I'll do another session shortly, but I don't think I can do a faster T2... Most of the time I gained there was in the left-right after the first split, and that's one of the key corners in my opinion.
Me to. Was good in front of my ghost, but in the last sector it got me again. Maybe a bit slower split 2 gets a good 3 sector. That happend to me by 1/15

Me to. Was good in front of my ghost, but in the last sector it got me again. Maybe a bit slower split 2 gets a good 3 sector. That happend to me by 1/15
It's in many of my time trials, you can get some banker splits but once you get them you're getting nervous and can't focuse on the last sector properly. I think that's what makes a driver, putting all good sectors together.

I've actually tried this one for a couple of stints, but didn't have my splits jotted down.
My last lap was my best lap last night! :sly:

I think I have another .25s to find in S2 and I did a 13.7xx S1 once, so theoretically .3-.4s out there...if I can this fish off the reefs.

I am using @Ettick's tune with a bit of twist on the wheels:

10.59/14.10
1/1
1/1
7/7
0.3/0.5
0/-0.10

5/6 BB

205 mph trans because I'm lazy

400/666

Even the torque and power curves look like fish. :boggled: OK, maybe dolphins.

Image courtesy @PASM

View attachment 272207

5335472fc118feef70ee164026d109e6.jpg

I have had several 54.6x and one 54.5x in T2 that I threw away in T3. (I was either too conservative or lap became dirty):banghead::banghead::banghead:

Submitting what I have so far, good luck guys 👍 this was fun but started getting frustrating towards the end. Leaving about close to a tenth in sector 1 a tenth in 2 and maybe a tenth in 3. Difficult to get them without loosing time in the other sectors so ill leave it at that.

Submitting what I have so far, good luck guys 👍 this was fun but started getting frustrating towards the end. Leaving about close to a tenth in sector 1 a tenth in 2 and maybe a tenth in 3. Difficult to get them without loosing time in the other sectors so ill leave it at that.

I agree. I really liked this combo, but threw away more sub 55" T2's with a messed up T3 in the esses than I want to admit.

Not going to submit. Everything feels so rusty it looks like I need 4 weeks for one WRS week :(
Perhaps not too strange after so much absence. On to next week.

I wasn't able to improve my time so I submitted with the splits I already posted. I'm hoping for a nice handicap at least since I will likely finish in last again.:cheers:

Great job with this event! 👍

This city circuit is a very nice mix of high and low speed corners.

The Subaru looks a bit weird but, on SS tyres, has immense grip (tried it yesterday, on the Nordschleife, and easily did a lap time < 6m50s)

Anyway, my time was accepted with splits:

:)

I've thrown away 55.2s, but I did improve by a half-second at the line with these splits.

Wasn't going to bother with this weeks TT as I've been too busy all week to spend any time on the PS3. Gave it 45 minutes tonight and came up with:

This will be my one and only submission. Good luck everyone. :cheers:

Back