• Power: 281 BHP
  • Weight: 1310 KG
  • Driving Aids: Optional
  • Downforce: NA
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Tyre Type: R1 / R1
  • Performance Points: 560
  • Tuning: Optional
  • In-Race RA Functions: Optional (if available)

47ya.jpg

Race Specifics:

• All hard underground is part of the track
  • G25 Clutch is prohibited
  • No AI touches
  • Use your GTP_Tag
  • Tip : Have Fun

47iw.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • no hybrids
  • no cheating of any kind, these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done, and we can read your mind. We will know.
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • save your replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Total race time
  • Any information which can be used to infer the total race time

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• Your fastest lap time
  • Any settings discussion.

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 47 Submission ) to (Vaxen):

• you can submit only once
  • please include in your submission PM your division, GTP_Tag and final race time
  • Final race time = lap 1 + lap 2 + lap 3
  • the deadline is Monday 28 September 11:59pm GMT
  • if you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.
Time verification:

Save your replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after your time has been submitted:

• pa260023zi0.jpg
  • Racers, named by the OLR Admin Team, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • when a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Good luck,
47h.jpg

OLR team.

I've been enjoying my online racing at Daytona Road.
I hope that it holds me in good stead for this challenge.:D
I presume we need to be watching the mirrors for this one on the first lap:scared:

The AI is no problem in this race.
Starting at place 16 and with 560 PP no match against the 700 pp cars.

However,one Elise is falling behind sometimes and could give some hassle.:)

Finally DR again ... cool, and with 560PP and R1's and all hard surface allowed it should be fun, even for me :D

👍

Wouldn't this be a good opportunity to have a default tune, ie no tuning at all, event. Leave everything except tyres at default.

Guinea Pig

2'02.787

The Elise is a blessing and a hinderance :lol:

I knew it would be Daytona Road! My home track! Will be running this after WRS46 is complete.

I might be muting my tv for this week as I cant stand the way a rotary engine sounds.

2'02.223

The car is nice to drive, easy to jump in to. I can see D1 guys getting low 2'00 laps, if not below that. I think the AI could be an issue for them. I'm about 3-4 seconds behind the Nissan's and what on earth is that Elise doing?

Nice to know Taku Sato is driving again!

I just had a quick go at this combo.

As always picking a line-up you want goes into the situation.
The Elise (as said before) can get in the way.
I've had it parked on the oval just past the last infield corner and had to go way offline to get around him.
Of course the same car on another try had me drafting him along the back stretch, going thru the bus stop following him, and drafting through NASCAR turn 3 with him.
He has also come off the oval into turn 1 and clobbered me off the track.
No full races completed yet but the best (and only completed) lap has been around a 2.5 with no drafting at all.
That was after a different line-up and no back markers at all.
So I'm going back to this and looking for an Elise to pull me around.

EDIT
Alright, I got a full race in and the fastest lap was #2, including braking late for the bus stop.
The upper divisions will have to mix it up with the AI as I finished 12th with following some AI through the bus stop (slower paced) and drafted pass them through NASCAR's turns 3 and 4.

First lap for the leader board.
2'01.450
2'00.949

Last edited:
have not done a clean race yet cause of the AI cars but my fasted lap so far is:

Fasted lap: 2'01.303

The AI can certainly ruin a good race.
The best line-up for me so far is the following, last place first.
Nissan
Mitsubishi
Lotus
Lotus

They don't seem to get into any trouble amongst themselves as others do.
In other line-ups I had to stop in the infield a few times because some of the AI stopped as there was a Lotus that ran off the track and was coming back on.
127.gif

In another I found 2 Nissans in front of me that I thought would be good to run with but they seem to just hit you unless they are directly behind you.
71.gif

By the way Sjaak, great fun this week. Thanks. 👍
An easy ride to get through 3 laps.

Oh yeah.
2'00.270

Well, I have to say of all the times we have battled the AI during a WRS this one has been the easiest so far. The first time I tried it I got a clean lap - of course, I never caught up to anyone. :lol:

1'59.647

That's my best lap so far - I hit the bus stop just right and came out of it directly in the draft of the car in front. This should be a very fun week.

Best lap in a clean race so far:

1:58.191

I'm finding that the Elises, Skylines and Evo's are giving me a hard time in this race, being so much faster in the infield. Its been quite difficult to get a 100% clean race, but it sure is a lot of fun.

Fastest lap on my current 3 lapper: 1'58.2xx (don't remember the last 2 digits. For board that's 1'58.299)
With a bit more tuning I'm expecting to see a 1'57 lap .

MadMax

My estimation of times was good, wasn't it? Maybe try more than two races...

My estimation of times was good, wasn't it? Maybe try more than two races...

This one?
2'02.223

The car is nice to drive, easy to jump in to. I can see D1 guys getting low 2'00 laps, if not below that. I think the AI could be an issue for them. I'm about 3-4 seconds behind the Nissan's and what on earth is that Elise doing?

Nice to know Taku Sato is driving again!

I'm very confident that D1 guys will be doing mid to low 1'57's :mischievous:

This 3 lapper with limited tuning adds my strenghts and weaknesses together ,
making it interesting and at the same time very frustrating challenge.

MadMax

I was running this first with no setup and was running in the high 2'8s. But i finally found a decent setup and found myself running 2'0s without even trying. Funny how big of a difference it makes!

I finally gave up after getting t-boned by the Lotus and producing this time. I haven't been able to run a fully clean race yet, but I am consistently running 2's.
Good luck everyone!

Best: 2'00.128

1'59.699

BTW If one of the AI cars bump into you from behind, is that still considered dirty?

Edit:Please disregard this lap on the grounds of it being dirty as explained below

Last edited:
1'59.699

BTW If one of the AI cars bump into you from behind, is that still considered dirty?

Yep, one of them tapped me crossing the line to start lap 3 and that was in the replay that I've posted my fastest lap for so far. It meant nothing in the grand scheme of the entire 3 laps but its an AI touch nonetheless.

Back to the drawing board tonight.

This is a real fun combo, I have had a few 1`59's I just cant quite get a line up im pleased with yet. Ill post proper laps when I get a fully clean run.

hi guys.. im struggling with the AI :ouch: specially when i am on the 9th position, on the 1st right hairpin (2nd lap)... they bump me from behind and if not they will scratch me after that corner with the acceleration.. disgusting AI... are they blind!? :lol: i was looking at the console getting ready to give it a kick :dopey:

so i couldnt make a clean one yet :(

btw we can only discuss lap times?

hi guys.. im struggling with the AI :ouch: specially when i am on the 9th position, on the 1st right hairpin (2nd lap)... they bump me from behind and if not they will scratch me after that corner with the acceleration.. disgusting AI... are they blind!? :lol: i was looking at the console getting ready to give it a kick :dopey:

so i couldnt make a clean one yet :(

btw we can only discuss lap times?

We can only discuss our single fastest lap time.

Back