GTP_WRS Week 55 : CZ-3, London Drift

• Thread starter EDK
  • 162 comments
I agree, the tranny is weird. I can't hear it when I down shift to 3rd and 2nd for turn 1.

Just a heads up, you need to edit your splits and repost them, those aren't correct.

My exact same comment while practicing with Pekka and Lucas. Kept looking at the gear indicator cos' I couldn't hear the downshifts. Even went into 1st because of that :banghead:

Half a tenth improvement but been a tenth faster in T2 and T3, even at this early stage it's getting frustrating :lol:

Nice combo indeed! Congrats to EDK! Will try to have a session or two on this one as i like this little beast's handling.

Use 1st gear for turn 1, this thing has colossal engine braking and using high revs and downshifting actually seems to keep it quite stable. Give it a try and see if it suits!
Matt

My exact same comment while practicing with Pekka and Lucas. Kept looking at the gear indicator cos' I couldn't hear the downshifts. Even went into 1st because of that :banghead:

I agree with Matt that shifting briefly into 1st gear entering turn 1 helps stabilize the car. The engine over revs doing this and would probably be bad for a real motor, but the virtual motor doesn't care.

I'm really enjoying this addictive little combo, especially with AYC at 130. :cool:
BB 5/10

Managed to get within a gnats dangly bit of my first target, nut am about 0.3 slower at T2. So plenty of time to get.

New time:

AYC is default 30. I can't drive it with 130 like most people do here.

One question about the track limit: it is clean as long as you don't hit the wall right? All four wheels can be on the paved curb?

I don't have too big of a problem with the casters for wheels feeling. What throws me off is the "Slinkey" sensation when cornering that the front and rear wheels are going at different speeds.

I will give it another try tonight but I can't do enough laps without wrecking to get any rhythm going.

Any tips on how to drive this car or AYC/BB settings is appreciated.

Finally managed a good T1 and T2 on the same lap...

Lost a bit on the final corner under pressure, but I'm just glad I didn't crash it :dopey:

First sector:

Edit: It's worth mentioning my suspicion that when the T1 time goes below a certain point, it compromises T2 a little. All 3 of my T1 splits have been relatively similar; going much faster than that makes the entry speed into the fast left/right too great, making it near impossible to hold the same line unless I lift a little or use way too much steering lock and crash, like I've been doing :lol:

Last edited:
Conservative 3rd sector could have got 2-3 tenths at the line if I would have pushed to the limit

I experimented with the 1st corner, and gear. I tend to hit just 149 at the line, it may be that additional engine braking doesn't do much for my case. Or line!

e: Okay, I get it now. First I found out how to get a faster start (brake earlier in the chicane thing). And aiming the car just past the inside wall in turn 1 is going to be oh so much fun (1:20).

Last edited:
Come on, utilitarian coordinate zipper, run...

Good start, so-so end. All three sectors were probably close to what I've managed thus far. :)

I'm having a really bad time trying this one. Its impossible to nail an apex or an exit with the hitbox of the car (I'm touching the wall in both pics)
London.jpg London_2.jpg

I cannot work out how I am so inconsistent. This lap is only 0.002 faster than my previous best, but is a whopping 0.5 better at T2. I just cannot get T3 down.

At some point, if someone would be willing, could I get a little help on one of these TTs. Not necessarily this one. I am struggling this week, as I know my T3 is shocking at present, but have no idea what I am aiming at anyway. This will sound pathetic with the following, but I think my T3 is probably a second or more off the pace. I just have no clue at all.

EDIT: A rather big shout out to @hasslemoff, as I am starting to get the hang of T3. Still nowhere near smooth of quick enough, but much better than I was.

Last edited:
Back