GTP_WRS Week 55 : CZ-3, London Drift

• Thread starter EDK
  • 162 comments
That would be an interesting poll. I never even thought about braking with my RIGHT foot on a simulator.
Even IRL, there are drivers who brake wiith left foot in sequential gearbox cars, AND situations in which left foot braking makes sense with a conventional manual shift (think turn 4 Laguna Seca ;) ).

EDK
You already started shifting manually, now come over to the dark side and start braking with your left foot.

It will help you with car control and make you faster. Do I sound like I am repeating myself? :dopey:

If you cannot make it work on this combo, go get in a slow FF car at a short track and run the wheels off of it until it's second nature.

I guess after 40yrs of right foot braking it's not surprising I'm still doing it in the game. I've known for a long while that left foot was the way to go, but keep plodding along. Just don't expect me to be troubling D3 Bronze in the near future. Of course, I'll probably go scuttling bad to DS3 auto when it all goes t@#s up. Thanks for the encouragement @EDK , @mr_lab_rat , @Allibubba99 , @Thematic and @Ettick
:cheers:

I still can't get S3 to work for me. But I'm ok with the rest of the lap. This will probably be my submission.

May I ask? What time usually is the end of submitting times? Had a busy weekend - yesterday hadnt time to get some runs so i hope for few laps today after i come home from work...

Just hope wont be to late :D

May I ask? What time usually is the end of submitting times? Had a busy weekend - yesterday hadnt time to get some runs so i hope for few laps today after i come home from work...

Just hope wont be to late :D
The submission deadline is Monday, 23:59 GMT, so you'll have plenty of time:tup:

Just threw away a .234 and a .563 by crashing in shock :eek:

IMG_1552.JPG

A moment's silence please. :( :( :(

That would be an interesting poll. I never even thought about braking with my RIGHT foot on a simulator.

I brake with my right foot. I never even thought of trying to do it the other way since I've been braking with my right foot all my life. Do all the fast guys brake with their left foot?

55 ms imp. after many revolutions. Well, 1st sector mostly. End of the road, because that second sector is sheer mysticism. Like the previous lap, slow T1.

Probably my last lap in this week, somehow cannotfind the rhythm.

I'll give it another try, but even i know i could go faster, what i gain on 1 sector i lose in another

Can not stop :banghead:

130 AYC 2/3 BB

Had figured out how to take the first corner after 30 laps giving me 15.4?? and 32.4?? once i did i found it impossible to get the acceleration out of the last corner for the next 30 laps then gave up.

Reactions: EDK
About the AYC, me personally preferred all the way down setup on 30 :D maybe the only in here :embarrassed:

Nope at 45 here...I hate loose roller-skate cars...prefer slightly understeer at high speed with race tires . Lol

Lost in space

Last edited:
Will be submitting for first time in about 25 weeks.
A tenth at the line, I think my s3 was a good one, but overall splits are a good 3 tenths slower. Leaving some on the track but no more time

Unfortunately I did not have much time this week so i could drive only a few laps :boggled:. T1 and T2 were quite o.k. but last sector was pretty bad...

T1: 15.590
T2: 32.366

Last sector is horrific. Saw my T2 time, and choked! Have checked my replay, and got concerned at the entry to the first 90 right in T3. The barrier on the left on entry gets very close. I checked for about 10 minutes pausing and taking pictures, and boy do we need a frame by frame replay control! This is on my fast one :
London_2.jpg
London_3.jpg
London_4.jpg

I checked on the data logger, and absolutely nothing on there. A gradual loss of a couple mph after the throttle comes away. So, still panicking, I drove into the wall.
London_5.jpg

Feel better now. Good luck all!

Latest Posts

Back