View attachment 134374

View attachment 89055

GT6 Week 56 : This One's for Our Brothas from Down Undah

View attachment 306615

Hotlap Event in Arcade Mode Time Trial

View attachment 306614

2000 Ford Falcon XR8

View attachment 306610

Mount Panorama Racing Circuit (Bathurst)

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Race Details:
  • Mode: Arcade Mode > Single Player > Time Trial
  • Track: World Circuits > Mount Panorama Racing Circuit
  • Car Type: Garage/Favorites Car
  • Make: Australia> Ford
  • Model: 2000 Ford Falcon XR8
  • Power: 629 bhp (including oil change)
  • Weight: 1350 kg
  • PP: 602
Driving Options:
  • Transmission: Auto or Manual
  • Tires: Racing Hard (default)
  • Driving Line | Traction Control | ASM | ABS: Optional
  • Brake Balance: Optional
  • Active Steering | Skid Recovery Force: Prohibited
  • Tuning: Allowed. All adjustable parts are allowed to be changed. Including Aero, Ballast, Racing Brakes, and "Improve Body Rigidity". No Power Upgrade Parts Allowed
  • Improve Body Rigidity: Allowed
  • In-Race RA Functions: Allowed
  • Custom Wheels and Paint: N/A
Course Settings:
  • Time: Optional
  • Weather: 0/0/0
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Real
View attachment 306608

Race Specifics:
  • The event MUST be run using your registered account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Use of the Handbrake is Prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Tarmac and Red and White Rumble Strips are Track. No other surfaces are track.
  • Be mindful of invisible walls near the barriers.
Steward's Comments:
An appropriate combo this week, which is what I am personally all about. PD has given us the great Mt. Panarama, and exactly one car that runs there in its Flagship race. It may be standard, it might plow with stock settings, and it might only have one livery. But this is still a fantastic combo. I once ran laps at the Motegi Speedway in this car for ~5 straight hours at the end of a LAN weekend until ~3am with team smart. @Jake @01GTP @chukabilly, @georgetheracer were all there for that, and it was one of the most fantastic GT and racing experiences of my life. Have fun with this one. 👍 :gtpflag:

View attachment 306613

Viewing your Time Splits:
  • You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay' (See pic below)
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Gallery' option.
  • Live timing monitor does not work properly, so we have to use a small trick to view splits.
  • While viewing your Replay, pause the lap by hitting start, before the end of the first sector.
  • While keeping the replay paused, advance the replay, using the forward arrow on the replay HUD. This will advance the replay to the end of the first sector. That's your T1 split, write it down.
  • Advance the replay again. That will show the lap to date time on the screen, this is your first and second sector time, added together.
  • To post your T1 & T2 Splits, simply post the lap to date times that are shown in the middle of the screen. Do not try to calculate the actual T2 split time, the Fetchbot will do that for you.
SaveBestLapIcon.png

(Best Lap Replay Icon)
View attachment 306604

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on IM services or via other private conversation methods):
  • Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime
The following information can be discussed in this thread :
  • The first 3 splits: T1, T2 & T3 times
  • Any settings discussion

View attachment 306606

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 56 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):
  • Then attach your 'Best Lap'/'Ghost' replay in zip file form. Everyone submits a replay instead of listing a lap time.
  • You will need to put something in the message body in order to begin a conversation. It doesn't matter what you put, it can even be 1 letter or symbol. Nobody but the Fetchbot is going to see it, so it's sort of pointless, anyhow.
  • You will get an automated response within 15min, letting you know whether your submission was accepted, or if you had an error.
  • If you have an error, don't panic. Just review the instructions for submission and submit again. If you are having trouble and cannot figure it out, please post your question in the race thread.
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week XX Get Entry" and any text in the body.
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week XX Remove Entry" and any text in the body.
  • If you want to submit multiple times in the week that is still not a problem. Just reply to the conversation with your new time and new replay. Fetchy always uses the last submitted time as the final one.
  • See this screenshot as an example on how to submit:

• The deadline is Monday, February 16th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site
Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.
Replay Checking:
  • Everyone is required to submit a replay for verification. This happens when you submit to the Fetchbot, and the replays will be visible in the leaderboard, once we've reached the event deadline
  • Participants will be expected to check each others' replays for cleanliness, for replays marked in the Results thread as (Check Needed)
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification
View attachment 306603

Good luck, :gtplanet:

OLR Team

Tried for around an hour or so.. Not exactly sure what times I should be getting so there's probably lot to be gained

There seems to be a glitch at the first sector.. Cause at times I'm ahead of my ghost by at least .050 and it still shows that I'm behind even though it's clearly visible that I'm ahead.

There seems to be a glitch at the first sector.. Cause at times I'm ahead of my ghost by at least .050 and it still shows that I'm behind even though it's clearly visible that I'm ahead.
It happens sometimes . I was having that recently in London TT ,although I was a bit behind ,it should I have the splits under the best time.

Can't wait to wake up in the morning and put some laps in with this awesome combo! 👍 I should be able to submit a time finally this week 👍

I haven't done many laps on this track and with the screen-lagging glitch thing, it's always put me off when it's been featured in the Seasonal TTs but PP, tyres and track are almost the same as the PD TT that's on at the moment, so that should make swapping between the 2 a bit easier.

I'm gonna bite the bullet and give both a go when I can in the next week.

Good luck all :cheers:

Great Combo, the car feels so much better than the Z4 GT3 i was using for the PD TT yesterday. 👍

first splits after 100km:

1'01,300
1'32,700

Reactions: EDK
OMG!!! I'm in!!
I've been asking for Bathurst and given I'm a "Brotha from down undah" I guess I'd better be in it!!!
Thanks Kev!!!

Well I guess its game on Phoenix1976. :cheers:

Having been to the great race the year before this car was running brings back many memories. One thing the game doesn't give you is the elevation differential from the bottom of the mountain to the top and back down again. When you drive around it your stomach goes from your feet to your head and back again before you know it.

Just thought I would share a little information for our northern comrades that may not have been to or heard of this great track call "the mountain" to the locals.

Cheers all.

One thing the game doesn't give you is the elevation differential from the bottom of the mountain to the top and back down again. When you drive around it your stomach goes from your feet to your head and back again before you know it.
If in the game you drive in a goal-oriented way with a powerful car, sure, there isn't much to remind you of the terrain. But take something that is both obsolete and plain and it becomes clear even from the couch.

Having been to the great race the year before this car was running brings back many memories. One thing the game doesn't give you is the elevation differential from the bottom of the mountain to the top and back down again. When you drive around it your stomach goes from your feet to your head and back again before you know it.
You can see my avatar pic, I've driven down that corkscrew many times. And have been on other tracks with significant elevation, namely Sonoma/Sears Point, as well as Daytona, which is flat as a pancake, but the banking at the ends is 31 degrees and 4 stores from the ground.

The game on a 2D screen in your living room simply cannot give the sense of elevation change that exists on those tracks. And walking those tracks, or riding on a bicycle, is even more eye opening.

The only way to experience it is to live it.

Don't really know how some of the D1 guys are in the 31s in T3. Plently to shave off in T2.

I believe that's the first time I did 3 sessions on 1 day :D

1'00.502
1'31.635

Threw away some .5's in T3. I got the feeling that this week's gonna be a very tough competition in D1! :drool:

Those walls are so close! :scared:

1'00.597
1'31.863

Seen some .7xx in T3, but couldn't get the lap in. I've got the feeling that this car can be much faster, but this is my setup for now.

What upgrades did you do? Tranny settings?? I'm so far off your pace :/

Back