GTP_WRS Week 64 : So, An Elephant Walks Onto a Race Track...................

• Thread starter EDK
  • 176 comments

Lap time is dropping. Middle sector is getting progressively worse. Not sure if I should go back to a softer tune, or whether I've just lost the line through the 'S'. Rarely am I happy with those 2 turns.

Lap time is dropping. Middle sector is getting progressively worse. Not sure if I should go back to a softer tune, or whether I've just lost the line through the 'S'. Rarely am I happy with those 2 turns.

Did my first 30 odd laps, Elephant needs to learn to walk still, nevermind run...

T1: 28.146
T2: 47.949

Something interesting happened to me in those Sses: I almost lost the 7.5 tonner in turn 1 which really slowed me down (my ghost almost disappeared around the second bend into the tunnel) and made me come like really wide from the outside into the second bend allowing me very early throttle drop. I then was surprised to see me fly past my ghost before "we" left the tunnel! This car might need a very special driving style :odd:

Did my first 30 odd laps, Elephant needs to learn to walk still, nevermind run...

T1: 28.146
T2: 47.949

Something interesting happened to me in those Sses: I almost lost the 7.5 tonner in turn 1 which really slowed me down (my ghost almost disappeared around the second bend into the tunnel) and made me come like really wide from the outside into the second bend allowing me very early throttle drop. I then was surprised to see me fly past my ghost before "we" left the tunnel! This car might need a very special driving style :odd:

Or your ghost had a very poor eSSes exit :lol:

My first run in the Merc, unfortunately mine seems to handle like a rather hefty elephant that had also eaten several others :lol: so a tune adjustment is in order me thinks.

Anyway, first splits,

T1 27.920
T2 47.835

Right, well my tune is cack, if I run it again, I'll use Paulie's tune, which shows how inept mine was, I do want to run it again, even if it is like trying to navigate a bull through a china shop.

My first run... certainly can't settle for it.... want to run a 47 like everybody else

where can I find this tune from Paulie?

nvm..found it

WOW! Smokin' splits DEVIE!!!

Here are my latest after some more practice - I was doing dirty laps in this time range and finally threw together a clean one:

T1: 0'27.993
T2: 0'47.590

Maybe a little more to come off in the first sector if I focus hard enough.

I tried this today with an old suspension setup,
first splits:

T1 28.223
T2 48.156

MadMax

holy moly

Don't you brake for the eSSeS Devie :lol: very nice splits 👍

Great splits DEVIE and Animera, way to show the new D1 guy how it's done.:lol:

you guys are quick off the bat... and probably got loads more time to knock off.... this will be by biggest challenge yet to put in a respectable time

Calling all GTP_ELEPHANTS, lets get this guy :lol:

Erm...well...yeah...I'll try to catch him but I don't promise anything :lol:. There's maybe a tad more time to shave off my time, maybe tonight I can get to it, althogh I'm pretty satisfied with my division-rank performance.

:lol: guys. This is why I love the WRS, the friendly competition is just so great.
By the way, this week is 1 year since I did my very first WRS in Week 12, so Happy WRS Anniversary to me! :lol:
:cheers: to all the friends I've made here, to the mods who work tirelessly week in and week out, and to the WRS as a whole for helping me improve my driving a lot.

How on earth are you guys doing .7s in T1?

I have only seen one sub-28 T1 and its my current time on the leaderboard which is 27.993 - a .7 is just insane - I have to be doing something very wrong in the first 2 turns. Any of you .7 guys out there care to share your apex speed on turn 1 and turn 2? I think my overly cautious driving is killing me again from the very start of the lap. :lol:

:lol: guys. This is why I love the WRS, the friendly competition is just so great.
By the way, this week is 1 year since I did my very first WRS in Week 12, so Happy WRS Anniversary to me! :lol:
:cheers: to all the friends I've made here, to the mods who work tirelessly week in and week out, and to the WRS as a whole for helping me improve my driving a lot.

That's what i like alot here in general the way people are so nice to eachother (with some exceptions, unfortunatly). I made some good friends here. You know who you are. Getting emotional now.

Remember our race in the semifinal of the official GTP event 2 awhile ago. The way you beated me was outstanding and you where not arrogant about it at all. Some people get more arrogant the faster they are. No respect for those guys at all.

And a special thnx to the mods indeed. 👍 I'm a mod for a dutch forum and i know how much work it can be.

Last edited:
That'll come back to bite you on the butt.

I recommend Paulie's tune btw guys. I'm not consistent yet!

Back