GTP_WRS Week 64 : So, An Elephant Walks Onto a Race Track...................

• Thread starter EDK
  • 176 comments
This thing turns like a dirigible, wow. I'll throw up some splits later, art project to do. :P

Got the mood (And some great help from maximumattack ;)) tonight and got some "I'm proud of you son" improvements 👍.

T1: 0'28.511
T2: 0'48.872

MARRY ME MERC!!! :dopey:

Wow, you all are really good! I was able to improve a little bit tonight. My inconsistency's driving me nuts. :lol:

T1: 0'28.694
T2: 0'49.301

Time to call it a night.

-J

My first splits, almost a tenth to come yet (pretty much all in T1) but then I'll probably be spent. Not quite the usual muscle car handling I was expecting, but I still enjoy wrestling heavy cars around the track. I also expect some people may find extra speed once they fine-tune their setups.;) Lion's Den Performance tune will be up soon, less than 30mins I hope.

T1- 27.913
T2- 47.511

Edit: Head on over to Lion's Den Performance now for a setup for this week's WRS.

Last edited:
Awesome news mate! Appreciated :cheers:

It's there now.👍

Also, why is your avatar a flywheel? I don't understand the meaning behind it.:)

Edit: Hmm, yes, yes my name does look good in D1 colours on the leaderboard.:lol:

Last edited:
It's there now.👍

Also, why is your avatar a flywheel? I don't understand the meaning behind it.:)

Edit: Hmm, yes, yes my name does look good in D1 colours on the leaderboard.:lol:

Good stuff, was planning on getting the german horses saddled tonight, good to have a tune to jump into the action!

To the avatar: Firstly I wasn't aware there needs to be a meaning at all :D... I think then we would could question the one or other avatar :lol:. Mine DOES have a meaning, or rather a purpose: I'm building/tuning a car up for track days atm (erm, yes the flywheel is from this vehicle). Did you notice the crank in the past? Anyways, each time I progress and update the album I change my avatar to indicate for those interested in the project/album that there is news. That's all theres to it.

Ah OK, nice.👍
My tune isn't quite what I wanted it to be on the SL55, it doesn't seem to be possible with the current adjustable settings in Prologue, but I still feel it's pretty darn good, otherwise it wouldn't be in LDP.:sly: I just can't wait for people to smash me with my own tune now.:lol: I also think the majority of whether or not you have a fast lap is decided in the final turn with this car especially, so I expect some movers and shakers when the results get posted.

I'll have a go at this one but won't be able to put much effort into it, because of exams this week and next. 👎 It's a shame because it looks like a combo that I could definitely get in to if I had the time.

I also think the majority of whether or not you have a fast lap is decided in the final turn with this car especially, so I expect some movers and shakers when the results get posted.

Thanks for the opportunity to remind everyone -

Please don't be tempted by the sirens of the invisiwall. ;)

Remember, if you can't be sure it's clean, then consider it dirty.

My first splits, almost a tenth to come yet (pretty much all in T1) but then I'll probably be spent. Not quite the usual muscle car handling I was expecting, but I still enjoy wrestling heavy cars around the track. I also expect some people may find extra speed once they fine-tune their setups.;) Lion's Den Performance tune will be up soon, less than 30mins I hope.

T1- 27.913
T2- 47.511

Edit: Head on over to Lion's Den Performance now for a setup for this week's WRS.

Nice splits
I hope i can find the time to try your tune. I'm useing Lars tune at the moment. But there is to much understeer in Lars tune. Hope i can break the second split with yours.

EDK
Thanks for the opportunity to remind everyone -

Please don't be tempted by the sirens of the invisiwall. ;)

Remember, if you can't be sure it's clean, then consider it dirty.

Can you please be more specific with that invinsible wall. It's the second time you mention it. Mayby with a pic orso?

How do i go about becoming a "Qualified GTP_Registered member"?? I have made a "GTP_" PSN name. I'm not sure what else i have to do.

Last edited:
Can you please be more specific with that invinsible wall. It's the second time you mention it. Mayby with a pic orso?

Hard to take a picture, it's invisible. ;)

You can see what it is for youself. Intentionally drive against the righthand guardrail at the top of the banking in the last turn. Watch the replay. You'll see that even though you were making constant contact with the wall, you will still see space between your car and the guardrail. That's the invisiwall.

To avoid misdirection of effort:
All hard surfaces are part of the track; Two wheels on track at all time; No wall hitting.

When you hear a bang or scratching sound, it is not OK, even if you do not see the wall.

But means this is clean:

Attachments

• Legal HSR.jpg
    Legal HSR.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 19
  • Legal HSR 2.jpg
    Legal HSR 2.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 19
To avoid misdirection of effort:

When you hear a bang or scratching sound, it is not OK, even if you do not see the wall.

But means this is clean:

Thanks for posting that. 👍

I will say, however, that we've DQ'd here for laps that did not have an audible sound, but had a noticeable bump at the invisiwall, along with a slight drop in speed. With no data logger, it's impossible to verify 100%. So please just stay on the safe side.

Looks like a good combo, thanks Kevin. 👍 I've got an exam tomorrow and Thursday so I'll be sure to post some splits later on this week.

Although, I am slightly scared stepping into a 600 bhp RWD car with my lack of experience with a G25 (compared to other drivers here) :scared::lol:

^ After playing GT5P for so long its easy to forget just how good the graphics were on GT4

(sorry for being OT but those pictures made me feel it had to be said)

So what's the actual position of this invisible wall on HSR? If i'm not wrong it's after the first corner, over the bridge, before the curvy bit 💡.

So what's the actual position of this invisible wall on HSR? If i'm not wrong it's after the first corner, over the bridge, before the curvy bit 💡.

There's one there, but the notorious one is the right hand guardrail in the last turn.

Back