GTP_WRS Week 71 : 5 Speed, Speed 6

• Thread starter EDK
  • 148 comments
Lol, the first session I tried this I had 0 valid laps :D

Today it went a little better. I've had multiple low 23.2's but the following splits yielded the fastest laptime although i screwed up the last lefthander before T2.

T1: 23.326
T2: 1'00.607

@Phillip, lol I'm having the same 'problem'. With the delta integrale at London I even put a piece of paper on my TV so I couldn't see the splits :D

Had a session with this animal last night for about an hour and got roughly a 59.5 T2 but I keep mucking up the following hairpin cause I have higher entrance speed and keep forgetting to brake earlier :dunce:

Jerome

Faster T1, slower T2, but a good gain at the finish line.

T1: 23.104
T2: 59.696

Like most (I guess) I've seen faster splits, but then screw it up in the last sector. :dunce:

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Has anyone else done this? I spent like 45 min racing & finally beat my fastest time by a good margin. I was so stoked, I exited & saved my replay. Then went to watch it to see my splits. And dammit, I saved the whole replay not my stinking ghost. Pissed me right off!

Oh well more reason to practice more this evening.

Still very irritating though.

Edit note to self, must stop watching the clock at T1 .959 then mess up turn 3 :grumpy:

Your right about that Phil. The amount of times I would take a peek at my T1, I would forget that a left turn is coming up and drive straight into the dirt.

When I managed my T1 spilt of 22.9xx I knew I had a good split (even without looking) because the top 10 ghost replay I was using wasnt even visable when I hit the mark 👍 Then for some reason the ghost got in front and I couldnt peg it back but I finished with a great lap time any how.

T1: 0'23.050
T2: 0'59.217

Didn't look this time and went backwards, but nailed the rest of the lap.

Phillip.

Incredible times Phillip:drool: I sense another big promotion coming your way.

I improved my time by another tenth today, only to find it was dirty in the replay:ouch:. I still haven't managed a .1 T2 :(. Are you guys running a tight or wide line through 100R?

Incredible times Phillip:drool: I sense another big promotion coming your way.

I improved my time by another tenth today, only to find it was dirty in the replay:ouch:. I still haven't managed a .1 T2 :(. Are you guys running a tight or wide line through 100R?

Thanks Jack. 👍

Holding the curb as much as pos then let it drift out a little mid corner as you ease off the gas, ready for turn 4 and the run down to the hair pin.

Thats my line.

Phillip.

Thanks Jack. 👍

Holding the curb as much as pos then let it drift out a little mid corner as you ease off the gas, ready for turn 4 and the run down to the hair pin.

Thats my line.

Phillip.

Thanks for your wisdom:P. That's what I've been doing, I think it's more in the next turn where I'm losing time. I'll try and chase down your time tomorrow.👍

Please don't beat me to D1 Silver:scared: ;)

A friend of mine is trying to submit his lap time to join the WRS but when he clicks link to PM you it says you don't have permission to access this page. Do you know why this is happening? His name is GTP_wasntme,

Thanks,

JB

A friend of mine is trying to submit his lap time to join the WRS but when he clicks link to PM you it says you don't have permission to access this page. Do you know why this is happening? His name is GTP_wasntme,

Thanks,

JB

He needs to make a post to the forums before he can send a PM.

Just have him post in the "New to the WRS" or "New to the Site" sections.

Thanks for the new recruits. :)

Thanks to LinPark for the write-up 👍, knew I had issues in section 2 with this beast too, still have to try your way.

As usual very slow for Div 2:
T1: 23.345
T2: 1'00.288

Improved
T1: 23.068
T2: 59.986

T1: 23.168
T2: 59.892

Feels like I can improve a lot, just have to do it.
MSN-Emoticon-surprise-117.gif

Last edited:
Had another run

T1: 22.979
T2: 59.041

Still not 100% happy with T3 so will keep chipping away at it.

EDIT.

Slightly slower but better at the line

T1: 22.971
T2: 59:074

I think a 58.xxx is possible. Wheres Dan :lol:

Last edited:
Had another run

T1: 22.979
T2: 59.041

Still not 100% happy with T3 so will keep chipping away at it.

NICE SPLITS!!!!

Saw one 23.001 T1 last night and then took a really long sip of Coca Cola. :lol:

I really want a sub 23 T1 and a 59.1 T2 this week and I'm finding it so hard to be consistent in those 2 sectors. Ran a number of laps last night and improved a good .4 at the line with some decent T1's and T2's - not sure how much more I've got left though.

Actually, I need to give up on focusing on my splits - but knowing that I can do a 23.001 while my current best lap has a 23.121 let's me know there's more out there to go get. :grumpy:

It's been a while but I have some spare time this afternoon. I got bored of trying to make the NSX work for me on Suzi so here are my splits.

T1. 23.227
T2. 59.511

D.

F_I_R_E_L_I_N_Es' replay is also quite good, especially how he takes a conservative-looking line in the final turn but still gets exit speed.
I chased my own ghost around to a very slight overall lap time improvement, most of which came from a 23.071 in T1. 65 km/h at the apex and then don't wheelspin on power.
After a few laps chasing the more ambitious replay of F_I_R_E_L_I_N_E I ended up with about a half second peeled off my lap time.

Splits for that lap:

Some clear errors in this lap starting with a blatant miss of turn 1 by three car widths. Can improve with more time (as usual) so I hope I get back to another blast.
For turn 6 I use third gear, as an average exit using 3rd is similar to a good exit using 2nd for me. You can be full throttle at the apex of 6 in 3rd gear if you're ready to straighten the steering when the power comes on.

👍

edit: both my new splits are worse than my previous. Damn I hate that ....

I loaded this up last night . For the most part my driving strategy mirrors FIRELINE'S, but I noticed his car is 5mph faster than mine going into turn 1 and again through 4 and 5, even when both cars are wide open the same length of time and shift speeds are identical????

I loaded this up last night . For the most part my driving strategy mirrors FIRELINE'S, but I noticed his car is 5mph faster than mine going into turn 1 and again through 4 and 5, even when both cars are wide open the same length of time and shift speeds are identical????

Clutch ;)

Ahhhhhhh.....Thanks CT, I learn something new every dayaround here....

Slight improvement, but getting more consistent (I would love to use that clutch). ;)

T1: 23.091
T2: 59.531

Hello fellow petrolheads!

This is my first WRS race. My entry for the GTP register is pending but I still thought I'd participate since I've taken on a mission to improve my driving and doing time trials alone started to feel a bit dull. I have a question about recording the best lap replay. I did it offline but when i play it, it shows my PSN_ID like all the replays recorded online so is it still alright to submit it or does this mean Ill have to do a new lap?

I too have recently submitted my qualifier and am awaiting approval (Sunday morning). Like you, I also sent in an entry for this race not knowing my division yet. This was because I'm leaving for a short vacation in a little bit.
I actually have a quick question regarding this; Will it still count as long as my qualifier is accepted before the dead line? Also, I'm in the middle of building a new cockpit and I'm using a standard six-axis/paddle for the time being. It's annoying, yes, and I'm at least a second slower on average (23.125 59.935 with paddle). When I'm done building it and my times go back to where they should be, is the promotion period the same or do they make exceptions when switching hardware like in this case?

My new cockpit: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=87508&page=18 **near the bottom of the page**

First splits

23.097 T1
59.829 T2

Alot of room of improvment left and hopefully this will be my last WRS(using a DS3 :sly:)

First attempt

T1 23.460
T2 1'00.101

Wish I had time to take another run at this but I just do not, so, this is my submission.

Last edited:
New splits come after chasing F_I_R_E_L_I_N_E ghost (its amazing see the difference that the clucth can do) as suggested from clacksman... mate the same thing has happend to me, final time cutted by a half second :cool:

I too have recently submitted my qualifier and am awaiting approval (Sunday morning). Like you, I also sent in an entry for this race not knowing my division yet. This was because I'm leaving for a short vacation in a little bit.
I actually have a quick question regarding this; Will it still count as long as my qualifier is accepted before the dead line? Also, I'm in the middle of building a new cockpit and I'm using a standard six-axis/paddle for the time being. It's annoying, yes, and I'm at least a second slower on average (23.125 59.935 with paddle). When I'm done building it and my times go back to where they should be, is the promotion period the same or do they make exceptions when switching hardware like in this case?

My new cockpit: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=87508&page=18 **near the bottom of the page**

Your performance for this week will still be accepted regardless if your qualifier has been accepted or not. Promotions are given based on how you perform from week to week. Just say if you get placed into division 2 and you were using a DS3 and 2 weeks later you get a wheel and your times drop by over a second. You will still be in div2. You don't get demoted to another division unless you ask and you really think you are in the incorrect division.

Wow... this is a really frustrating combo. I do a few laps with great T2 splits and the last sector ruins it, then I do a few great 3rd sectors by my T2 is so bad that its a slight improvement. I was finally able to put everything together and am really happy with the lap (although T1 could be a little quicker I'm not complaining). Times:

At least I have the first corner down. Just have to fix the rest of the track...

Back