GTP_WRS Week 71 : 5 Speed, Speed 6

• Thread starter EDK
  • 148 comments
BUT, looking at your post, it looks like your first 2 sectors can wander by about a half second while your finish times are quite close which means your final sector times can wander by a half second too. I think what we are both trying to say is that its important to put your best 3 sectors together in one lap to put forth your best time for this week. Hmmmmmm, that sounds like every other week we do. :sly:

It's just that it's much easier to set a decent time in the first two sectors than it is to nail T3. In a normal sesssion I would say I'm below the T2 time I have on the board in 25% of the laps only to throw it away in sector three. I have only a couple of laps though where T3 is really good. Mind you, the twisty bits at Fuji have always been my downfall.

I'm done with this one, submitting with slightly better times throughout the track.

T1: 23.030
T2: 59.399

New splits slightly better but good gain at the line.

T1: 23.152
T2: 59.557

Had a few runs over the weekend and this is the best i've managed so far.
Reasonably happy,probably going to submit.

Edit:time submitted

Last edited:
It's just that it's much easier to set a decent time in the first two sectors than it is to nail T3. In a normal sesssion I would say I'm below the T2 time I have on the board in 25% of the laps only to throw it away in sector three. I have only a couple of laps though where T3 is really good. Mind you, the twisty bits at Fuji have always been my downfall.

I think that's a very fair statement. Until my most recent splits I too was doing well to T2 in a number of sessions but unable to pair that with a decent final sector.

I think a few things play into that - one is that you see the T2 time. :lol: This to me plays a big part in how you do in the last sector because there is a bit of tension when you are ahead there. Another is the amount of speed you carry through T2 can effect your brake point into Dunlop. If you miss that it really messes up that section and I think just cascades through the entire final section. Also, I tend to push harder in the final sector when I think I'm on a fast lap and we all know what that leads to as well. :sly:

Its a shame prologue doesn't keep splits for your last 10 laps visible on screen with the push of a button - just like you, I would guess that my final sector is the least consistent of all of them but I don't understand why.

Hooray! I finally did a sub 1-minute T2 and kept my nerve to the finish.
Submitted with these new splits:

T1: 0'23.266
T2: 0'59.929

Hmmm, my first WRS event and I'm not doing that good. :nervous:

Just got an odd lap, lots of oversteer and no car control, but incredibly it was the best one, seems like I recovered some time in T3:
T1: 23.362
T2: 1.00.389

I've managed to get 23.0 twice on the first split, then I just screwed up the lap on T2. :grumpy: I will make only 10 more laps, then I'll submit with these crappy times.

Note: Never thought WRS was so fun, :D I'm racing against the clock but the competition is between human players. :cool:

Submitting with splits on the board because I can't seem to improve at the line. Good luck everyone :)👍

1'00.530

Can't wait to see some relays....never even got close....

First real sit down for me in this oversteery little bugger :)
I hope that in reality it performs a little better, but I have heard quite a number of horror stories about TVR reliability and predictability.

1'00.716

Will give it another go tonight, but I doubt that I can improve on these.

Submitted with current splits. Could have done better in T3, but meh.

The times look very close, good luck everyone in the results :cheers:

Reasonable improvement at the line with these splits.

I had a .295 at T2 but this lap I beat it by .012.
Submitted.

I wish I had a little more time with this one.

T1: 23.311
T2: 1'00.217

Slower splits but faster overall.

T1: 23.319
T2: 1'00.323

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I had a little more time with this one.

T1: 23.311
T2: 1'00.217

Slower splits but faster overall.

T1: 23.319
T2: 1'00.323

Welcome to GTP and the WRS. 👍

Please don't make consecutive posts in the thread (Double Post).

Use the edit feature if you need to update your splits before another member has posted. Also, it's a good idea to use strikethrough in the text of the old splits, to avoid confusing our leaderboard FetchBot. :)

I've taken the liberty of merging your posts, as well as putting strikes in your old splits. 👍

Submitted - I think I could've gotten another .1 in sector 1 or 3 and would have very much enjoyed finding the the .1 in both at the same time but ran out of time this week. Good Luck Everyone!!!!

Submitted with times on board,

I did not found much time this week, but I'm quite happy with my time, nice competition as always and good luck to all! :cheers:

Submitted with the times i've posted before, did only 13 laps and didn't have time to practice more, when I arrive in home the deadline will be already finished. :ouch:

I'll be happy if I don't stay too far behind of the last driver, since it's my first week. ;)

Good luck to everyone!

Unfortunately didn't have time to have another go at this one, so submitted with the current splits on the board.

/edit: Nice to see you competing in this difficult combo Steven, I know how much you love grip in a combo, and this combo didn't have much (well.. I didn't have much :D)

Final times on submission, seem to get slower on T1 every time.

T1: 23.194
T2: 59.876

Submitted Lap with the splits on the board, i set my time early in the week and just could not best it

Whas racing online and totally lost track of time ...euuhhm on the track...lol.

Submitted on the deadline but i think i whas just 1 or 2 minutes too late...bummer!!:grumpy:

Well wasn't happy with the lap anyway,but silly me for forgetting to submit on time...:yuck::yuck:

spy.

Back