GTP_WRS Week 71 : 5 Speed, Speed 6

• Thread starter EDK
  • 148 comments
VR
Hello fellow petrolheads!

This is my first WRS race. My entry for the GTP register is pending but I still thought I'd participate since I've taken on a mission to improve my driving and doing time trials alone started to feel a bit dull. I have a question about recording the best lap replay. I did it offline but when i play it, it shows my PSN_ID like all the replays recorded online so is it still alright to submit it or does this mean Ill have to do a new lap?

Seeing that it's your first week I'm sure the Administrators will look the other way.
It's not good to have your lap recorded online as it states your lap time within the top 100.
The WRS prefers not to know these times until after the deadline.
That is why we run the S2 arcade TT's offline.
As long as you don't repeat this mistake you will be fine.

It's early in the week so if you have the time try to improve your lap.

im in the same boat as Bugman, i've submitted my qualifier but will wait as long as possible before submitting a time for this WRS

at last new splits,over and over again i kept getting better t1 and t2 times only to loose it on the chicane or the next few corners,its soooo anoying but addictive,having a rest for a day or so now before i go completely insane, COME ON BUTTON !!
T1 23.129
T2 59.605

New splits again. The major errors are gone, but it was painful to watch my lack of smoothness while collecting these splits. Interestingly, 23.079 in T1 three laps consecutively ending in this lap (whereupon I saved as it was better).

Just saw a high 22.8 for T1, but could not improve my lap, nor do have time for more laps today. But man, that first corner felt great. :dopey:

Finally nailed T2 :)

T1: 22.937
T2: 59.093

Now just T3 to work on :yuck:

Thanks to Phillip for his help 👍

I have a question.

Is it better to hear your tires screech while going around the track or silence all around? I find that in certain parts of the track, I cant avoid the screeching but if I try to ease it around these parts my lap times suffer.

Any advise will be very much appreciated

I have a question.

Is it better to hear your tires screech while going around the track or silence all around? I find that in certain parts of the track, I cant avoid the screeching but if I try to ease it around these parts my lap times suffer.

Any advise will be very much appreciated

Great question! Looking forward to others input on this.

Silent tires are under their limit; loud tires are over their limit.
Some tire noise is desired; Loud squealing/screeching is bad.

Finally nailed T2 :)

T1: 22.937
T2: 59.093

Now just T3 to work on :yuck:

Thanks to Phillip for his help 👍

Welcome.

Wow .093 man your harsh on me, now i have to try and knock a tenth or two off.

Phillip.

Had time for a few more laps today with a little slower T1,but improved slightly on T2 and T3...Also had 2 laps with a T2 under the 59 barrier,but screwed them both up in the last corner due to too much wheelspin...:indiff:

T1:0,22.939
T2:0,59.030

Still not really happy with T3 so will have one more go this weekend if i can find the time and willpower...:)

spy.

Hear is my first posting of my effort for WRS #71

T-1 23.468
T-2 1:00.331

Well at least I’m on the board. Lol……..

Silent tires are under their limit; loud tires are over their limit.
Some tire noise is desired; Loud squealing/screeching is bad.

Thanks for the advice m8 👍

ok guys, these will be my last splits for this week. I have screeched and smoothed the car around the track as good as I can and I am very happy with the T3 result. 👍

Here are my new & final splits

0'23.004
0'59.297

submitting with this splits :) Good Luck Everyone

Last edited:
Starting to feel this one out finally - latest splits:

T1 23.041
T2 59.124

If the guy inside the car could shift a little faster I could gain a bit more - watching him from the rear camera view is almost comical how far he reaches over to shift and how long he keeps his left hand off the wheel. :lol:

EDIT: WOW!!!! Looks like I have the fastest sector 2 time so far - funny thing is I actually went back and read my write-up from before as I started my run tonight - had no idea it would make that big a difference. :sly:

EDIT: WOW!!!! Looks like I have the fastest sector 2 time so far - funny thing is I actually went back and read my write-up from before as I started my run tonight - had no idea it would make that big a difference. :sly:

:lol: Nice one Lin. Awesome sector 2. 👍

I've been trying to improve on my final lap time but can't even get close to it by 2 tenths.

I've improved on my T2 but just got to be consistent through to the end of the lap. I'll keep trying this weekend. :)

These are not from my first attempt but they are my first posted splits.

EDIT
Thought I would add the fact that this is an awful looking lap, full of mistakes but the best I could do with her.
It's very hard for me to be consistent.

10 laps and I could do nothing near my current ghost, so submitting lap with already-posted splits.

👍

I have to disagree with LinPark and say that the final sector is key as always. I have a few laps with T2 of 59.2 and several 59.3s where I have lost half a second in the final sector compared to my best and that without any apparent mistakes. I also have a lap with a T2 of 59.75X which is only a tenth slower than my best, and similarly I cannot understand what I did there that was better than any other lap. Sometimes when you do your laps a stunning final sector time just happens and you just cant' work out why.

"Aaaarrrggggghhhhhhh!!!!!! " To quote a certain member with feet of clay.
(how apt this seems now!)
This challenge is testing my sanity to the limit. Over the last few days i've managed to get quite a few T2s in the 59s (my best being .6), but not once have I beat my ghost to the finish line.
It's excruciating not to be able to post better splits...But, as Anghammarad has said above, I believe (hope:scared:) the 3rd sector is gonna be the clincher this week.

Oddly enough, my current fastest ghost (current splits) was done after a bottle and a half of wine...Are there any rules on drink driving in the WRS :lol:

I have to disagree with LinPark and say that the final sector is key as always. I have a few laps with T2 of 59.2 and several 59.3s where I have lost half a second in the final sector compared to my best and that without any apparent mistakes. I also have a lap with a T2 of 59.75X which is only a tenth slower than my best, and similarly I cannot understand what I did there that was better than any other lap. Sometimes when you do your laps a stunning final sector time just happens and you just cant' work out why.

Quoted for truth. 👍

My fastest lap has a sector 3 which I thought at first was quite messy. So when I got splits a few tenths slower than my current fastest T2, I thought I could smash my sector 3 but I was wrong. Sometimes I think I'm going fast in sector 3 and all of a sudden my ghost sneaks in front of me. :confused: Ah well. :lol:

"Aaaarrrggggghhhhhhh!!!!!! " To quote a certain member with feet of clay.
(how apt this seems now!)
This challenge is testing my sanity to the limit. Over the last few days i've managed to get quite a few T2s in the 59s (my best being .6), but not once have I beat my ghost to the finish line.
It's excruciating not to be able to post better splits...But, as Anghammarad has said above, I believe (hope:scared:) the 3rd sector is gonna be the clincher this week.

Oddly enough, my current fastest ghost (current splits) was done after a bottle and a half of wine...Are there any rules on drink driving in the WRS :lol:

I hear that. While I'm certainly not promoting drinking in driving in real life. I have found a few RedBulls mixed with 3 Olive grape vodka helps me quite a bit when racing. Maybe we should start a thread for one's favorite adult beverage while racing? :crazy:

I don't advocate drinking either...apart from one exception: Mignun, please start drinking heavily so us Div. 4 peeps can get a chance :banghead:

:lol:

Best of luck everyone !

I don't advocate drinking either...apart from one exception: Mignun, please start drinking heavily so us Div. 4 peeps can get a chance :banghead:

:lol:

Ever since I was promoted to Gold I haven't stopped drinking :lol: As each day passes, I feel like I'm getting better and better 👍 so it wont be long till you have division 4 back :)

Sorry for the confusion, I was NOT trying to imply that sector 2 is the most important. I was responding to a previous post by Kev stating he was having trouble there - without a doubt sector 3 is also very important for Fuji. Almost half of the lap time is in that and most of the core technical turns that can throw off even the best driver.

BUT, looking at your post, it looks like your first 2 sectors can wander by about a half second while your finish times are quite close which means your final sector times can wander by a half second too. I think what we are both trying to say is that its important to put your best 3 sectors together in one lap to put forth your best time for this week. Hmmmmmm, that sounds like every other week we do. :sly:

Another interesting thing I found out this week and this goes back to something that spyrrari told me quite some time ago. I never, ever seem to set a new personal best while chasing my current personal best. This week, whenever I have been chasing my current PB or a download ghost, I have NOT been able to improve. But, when I've started a fresh new session and set an average lap, I have been able to beat that by a large margin on a solid lap and improve my best lap time. Adds a bit of mystery each lap knowing that you might actually improve but you don't really know until you cross that line. :)

I am out of time. I am submitting, I need to improve in Coca Cola & 100r. But that will have to be another week. Learning quite a bit though in the WRS. Thanks to all who offer their advice. Until next week. See ya then! 👍👍👍

Back