GTP_WRS Week 77 : Gordini!

• Thread starter EDK
  • 129 comments
BB +1 for now shifting at 7000 rpm, not sure if that is right? Had time for 10 laps last night. Not sure what the heck I am doing wrong in sector 2??? Need to carry more speed, duh.

Really like this car and track, just need to find time this week to get laps in.

I felt the faster way was to just push the gears didn't bother to look at rpm, but with the live gaps you get a good feel of what's faster. from what I remember I shifted to 5th just as it was gonna hit 142kph/88mph, 3rd to 4th can't remember exact speed but probably same rpm. anyone else?

I have been gearing right on the edge of the limiter 3rd to 4th at 71mph and 4th to 5th 91mph no other gears during the lap anyway.. Use the rumbles lots at this combo and steady braking as erratic loses speed ;)

4th gear for the first left hand entry to the chicane and drop to 3rd for the 2nd part right hander.. stay right of track and drop to 3rd for the tight left chicane and stay in 4th for the long right hander after T2 ... 3rd for the last turn before finish line:tup:

edit: here's a T1 vid from a lap 1 to show the gears etc... my best lap is not on a lap 1 and shows previous laptimes if I wanted to show the HUD :)

Last edited:
Starting to have a love hate relationship with this combo. That T1 is killing me. If I finally hit a decent T1 I mess up T2 :banghead: Finally I got the first 2 a decent time but then there is a third one I forgot about :lol:

Been faster in all sectors but glad I pulled this off for a start.

Thanks for the T1 video Ron 👍

The advice and videos have been super useful guys, thanks very much. I can clearly see I'm taking the right line and speed through turn 1 but utterly ruining it in the chicane. I was going in way too slow and in too low a gear to the first chicane corner. Will take this and try and put it into practice tonight.

You guys finding any use with changing brake balance? It's not something I'm that familiar with so any hints or tips much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys finding any use with changing brake balance? It's not something I'm that familiar with so any hints or tips much appreciated.
It looks like most of the guys who have posted a BB change are running a small, positive number.

In real life, you would make a brake balance change because either the front or the rear axle is locking the brakes first. You would normally rather have a small amount of front lockup, as it's easier to modulate and control. Rear lockup can actually cause the car to spin.

On the game, moving to a positive bias (rear bias) tends to make the car a bit looser on corner entry and mid corner, and a negative bias (front bias) tends to make a taily car more controllable on entry, but will cause a more neutral car to understeer on entry.

So some of it will come down to your personal preference and driving style. If you want to fully feel the affect of any change, I suggest moving to the extreme of that change to better understand the dynamics. Not with the intent of driving there, but with the intent of understanding how a small change may influence car behavior. The extremes tend to be much easier to feel and can give you an understanding of where to go with settings.

a horrible 3rd sector most likely
really hating it now so I'm done.

I was using BB 1rear because I find it helps on chicane entry as you ease on the brake slowly into it.
thanks to Mr P for making me realize I was shifting to 5th 10 kph too early. and I thought I was pushing the gears -_-

Last edited:

Think I'm close to my limit.
Only place I can really do a good improvement is T1, saw plenty of .2xx with as fasted a 07. So a .1xx in T1 is definitely doable. I'm curious if we will see that on the board.

You can shift later then mention before. From 3th to 4th you can shift at 112/113 and from 4th to 5th at 150/151. But don't do it in the last sector when you approach the final corner, you better shift at 147 because if you do it later you will go up hill and it will cost you.

I had a session last night and had loads of fun, but was not totally satisfied with my splits.

I was finding that eating up the chicane curbs to the point the wheels lifted was costing me time, but maybe I should try again. Had some 37.9 T1's, but that was about the best I could do.

How are people taking the multi apex long right hander in T3?

Ron said 4th, I am doing that. And it seems like putting a premium on exit speed is the way to go, so lifting and/or braking on entry to make the apex seems right to me.

But wanted to see if someone could give a little walkthrough.

EDK
I had a session last night and had loads of fun, but was not totally satisfied with my splits.

I was finding that eating up the chicane curbs to the point the wheels lifted was costing me time, but maybe I should try again. Had some 37.9 T1's, but that was about the best I could do.

How are people taking the multi apex long right hander in T3?

Ron said 4th, I am doing that. And it seems like putting a premium on exit speed is the way to go, so lifting and/or braking on entry to make the apex seems right to me.

But wanted to see if someone could give a little walkthrough.

Stay in 4th indeed. Brake when the downhill part ends and brake for about 50% and slightly steer in to the apex and let go of the brakes at approximately the apex. At that point your doing about 110km and steer in further and let it coast till about 105 and slowly go back on the throttle and bilt up the throttle. From that point there is no way back once your adding throttle (if you have to lift because your on throttle to soon or to much your T3 is screwed) If you do it right and hit the second apex right you can slowly open your wheel to straighten up your line. Because you want scrub off least speed as possible. Once you mastered that it's full throttle till the last double left hander. Now I'm writing the walkthrough let me finish till the finish. Brake just after the 100 sign. Clip the apex at approximately 87km and from that point let the car coast the middle of the track in 3th. On that point its bit like the first part of T3. Let car coast a little and slowly go on throttle. Look to the second apex, left in your screen. From the moment it shows you can add throttle. But I use bump can no idea how it looks with other views.

Hope it helps :cheers:

And then my gearing issue happened before the last turns and bouncing on the limiter towards it 🤬 ... It still beat my old save by .2 at the line.. will keep picking away until I get a better lap with no gear problems :ouch:👍
thrustmaster wheel?

Yeah as Kev said I have a G29... the gear up paddle is playing up lots, I've glued a tiny coin the size of a little finger nail in between the paddle and the gear button which has helped a bit and probably miss the gears 1 out of 2 laps now.. before glueing the coin there it was multiple times per lap 👎

Anyway looks like I might have to bite the bullet and buy a new wheel because many a good lap is being wrecked and my tourette's is coming back as a consequence :lol: in the meantime its pot luck running a full lap with no issue with this bone shaker :ouch:

Yeah as Kev said I have a G29... the gear up paddle is playing up lots, I've glued a tiny coin the size of a little finger nail in between the paddle and the gear button which has helped a bit and probably miss the gears 1 out of 2 laps now.. before glueing the coin there it was multiple times per lap 👎

Anyway looks like I might have to bite the bullet and buy a new wheel because many a good lap is being wrecked and my tourette's is coming back as a consequence :lol: in the meantime its pot luck running a full lap with no issue with this bone shaker :ouch:
lol I've had brake and shifters issues on my t150 here for over a year I hear you. Using all sizes and strengths of rubber bands to try and help ahah. Shifters miss even more shifts when I up the ffb max torque..

Slowly getting better.
41.687 (had a terrible second section after finally seeing improvement in my first. Had a good rest of lap though).

Up from
So about a second of total. I reckon if I get a good go at section section I can reduce by 2seconds.
Slowly but surely getting quicker but also having heaps of fun.

Slowly getting better.
41.687 (had a terrible second section after finally seeing improvement in my first. Had a good rest of lap though).

Up from
So about a second of total. I reckon if I get a good go at section section I can reduce by 2seconds.
Slowly but surely getting quicker but also having heaps of fun.
It looks like you'll need to repost just the new splits because Fetchy interpreted your post as any dumb robot would - last thing posted is the most recent info. :P

Back