GTP_WRS Week 77 : Gordini!

• Thread starter EDK
  • 129 comments
@turnupdaheat said it earlier that the hairpin is important for a good T2 and it's true. But do not underestimate the exit of the chicane of T1. Because the run to the hairpin from T1 is pretty long.

I've been calculating my best spilts and a 1:16 at T2 is possible, how cool would that be :D

Sorry guys I will submit my time from the board as my wheel has totally give up the ghost at gearing.. booted it up and it's worse than ever, from not gearing up at all to jumping from 2nd to 5th in one click 👎 I give up :banghead:

Tried using the pad but only good for getting the daily mileage at route x for me ... Will be back when I get a new wheel 👍
GL to all in the results! :cheers:

Sorry guys I will submit my time from the board as my wheel has totally give up the ghost at gearing.. booted it up and it's worse than ever, from not gearing up at all to jumping from 2nd to 5th in one click 👎 I give up :banghead:

Tried using the pad but only good for getting the daily mileage at route x for me ... Will be back when I get a new wheel 👍
Sorry to hear that mate.

Thanks I will try and get a replacement asap but I don't want to shock the wife with wheel prices of today so will have to find a discreet way of doing it and say I paid half of what it really cost haha.. Gaming is a costly hobby eh? :P I'll be back :sly:👍

Cheers :cheers:

Thanks I will try and get a replacement asap but I don't want to shock the wife with wheel prices of today so will have to find a discreet way of doing it and say I paid half of what it really cost haha.. Gaming is a costly hobby eh? :P I'll be back :sly:👍

Cheers :cheers:

Visa gift/debit cards and find a place that will take them online combined with your regular credit card. Helps reduce the shock of a bigger purchase.

That sucks bro. Hope your back at the wheel soon

Just did a price check and I must say I expected the G29 was more expensive. Had a pretty nice price drop since I got it back on oct '17.

Probably will give a new wheel a try as this G29 has been full of faults from the pedals to the gears to the brackets clamping to the desk.. It's a great wheel to drive but built like a chocolate teapot and made to fail :P

Thanks anyway mate! I will look around today for something built for the military due to my heavy handedness :D:tup:

Probably will give a new wheel a try as this G29 has been full of faults from the pedals to the gears to the brackets clamping to the desk.. It's a great wheel to drive but built like a chocolate teapot and made to fail :P

Thanks anyway mate! I will look around today for something built for the military due to my heavy handedness :D:tup:

You mean a new G29 or a different brand?
If you were one of the earlier adaptors and bought it when the G29 was just released, it could be that there were some flaws in it and they changed things over the years. I have no problem what so ever with mine (so far fingers crossed )

Yeah was looking at a new brand altogether, I'm super heavy handed when racing GT and thump the gear up etc.. I've broke every clamp on every wheel I ever had since the beginning and its a lot of wheels... Yeah so eventually I realize that I need to try another brand as logitech is simply too flimsy for me :( I will get one from somewhere.. ;)👍

Yeah was looking at a new wheel altogether, I'm super heavy handed when racing GT and thump the gear up etc.. I've broke every clamp on every wheel I ever had since the beginning and its a lot of wheels... Yeah so eventually I realize that I need to try another brand as logitech is simply too flimsy for me :( I will get one from somewhere.. ;)👍
well from what I hear plus my own experience and even though I love my falling apart t150, thrustmaster is the worst, so is there any other alternative thats not completely unaffordable?

Yeah was looking at a new brand altogether, I'm super heavy handed when racing GT and thump the gear up etc.. I've broke every clamp on every wheel I ever had since the beginning and its a lot of wheels... Yeah so eventually I realize that I need to try another brand as logitech is simply too flimsy for me :( I will get one from somewhere.. ;)👍
Ron - I had Thrustmaster and the reliability was worse than Logitech, with poor support for issues.

I've had Fanatec for the last 4 years, and I'm really happy with their stuff. It's more expensive, but the quality is there.

I currently have this wheel base, you have to add pedals and a steering wheel. I use the BMW wheel.

https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/wheel...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/steer...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

You can also get a bundle like this, but the wheel and pedals that come with it are not as high quality.

https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/bundl...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

Thanks for the suggestions guys I will defo get something this week... I always wanted to try the fanatecs to see how good they are also ;)

Cheers guys I will stop hijacking the thread now with my issues :embarrassed: Thanks again for the help :cheers:

Reactions: EDK
Thanks for the suggestions guys I will defo get something this week... I always wanted to try the fanatecs to see how good they are also ;)

Cheers guys I will stop hijacking the thread now with my issues :embarrassed: Thanks again for the help :cheers:

No problem bottom line it’s talking about racing

Have you tried hard mount the wheel. I never wanted it. Because I didn’t want to drill holes in my seat but glad I’v done it since I have the G29 and it’s solid as a rock. Although I’m relative easy on the wheel. Every now and then you have make a correction and I ended up with a loose wheel in my hands :lol:

That fanatic looks pretty nice Kev 👍 Tried it once at a buddy of mine and it feels pretty solid too. One downside those separate parts add up pretty fast

Ah well the missus talked me down from buying anything too expensive as she reckons I would just break the expensive wheels also :lol: I just ordered another G29 with a free shifter for a crazy low price and delivery tomorrow morning :D I'm sure I can wait that long :P

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8894328/specialoffers/E29316

Just gotta wear woolly gloves and not be so rough on this one... Cheers guys! 👍

Ah well the missus talked me down from buying anything too expensive as she reckons I would just break the expensive wheels also :lol: I just ordered another G29 with a free shifter for a crazy low price and delivery tomorrow morning :D I'm sure I can wait that long :P

That’s awesome congrats with the new wheel :cheers: Your back in competition 👍

Superb

Superb, see you at Turn 1. :cheers:

Good deal that. I'm going to keep using my T80 for a while then upgrade to a used T150. CEX have them used for £85. I also need some sort of rig as my old black and decker workmate isn't the most comfortable but those Playseat things are super expensive! I was shocked. May have to fashion my own from an old deck chair and some bits and pieces lying around. Just can't really get away with spending money as have a 2 year old and 6 month old who need food and clothes and stuff apparently. Kids these days eh!?

That second sector

giphy.gif

Good deal that. I'm going to keep using my T80 for a while then upgrade to a used T150. CEX have them used for £85. I also need some sort of rig as my old black and decker workmate isn't the most comfortable but those Playseat things are super expensive! I was shocked. May have to fashion my own from an old deck chair and some bits and pieces lying around. Just can't really get away with spending money as have a 2 year old and 6 month old who need food and clothes and stuff apparently. Kids these days eh!?

I use an old office desk I bought in a local charity shop for £10 and an old folks home chair I bought for £30 haha... the desk is so well built I can stand on top of it and the chairs really comfy for my old bones and it's way cheaper than a gaming rig ;)👍

Here's a similar desk for reference.. clamps fit that wood edge perfect 👍

desk-at-ideal-height-725mm.jpg
prod_large_507_1.jpg

Good luck with it mate :cheers:

edit: added a similar chair image but mine is pink with flowers haha I hope you all have a good laugh :lol:👍

Last edited:
I use an old office desk I bought in a local charity shop for £10 and an old folks home chair I bought for £30 haha... the desk is so well built I can stand on top of it and the chairs really comfy for my old bones and it's way cheaper than a gaming rig ;)👍

Here's a similar desk for reference.. clamps fit that wood edge perfect 👍

desk-at-ideal-height-725mm.jpg
prod_large_507_1.jpg

Good luck with it mate :cheers:

edit: added a similar chair image but mine is pink with flowers haha I hope you all have a good laugh :lol:👍
I routinely get my ass kicked by a guy racing in a pink chair with flowers. :irked:

@EDK

I see your saying the red parts are not part of the track. Does that mean you can’t touch it at all. Or is just like the curbs, with 2 wheels on the tarmac and your good?

Back