GTP_WRS Week 77 : Gordini!

• Thread starter EDK
  • 129 comments
Got my new wheel delivered and beat my old save within 5 laps with slower splits all due to the last section having no problems.. will update properly later but already seen some faster T1's.. just gotta jigsaw it all together! 👍

I'll be back later after I've had a good session but a new wheel is like new shoes nice and tight.. wish they would keep this feel and not fall apart haha :D anyway.. I'm more than happy with this purchase :cheers:

Got my new wheel delivered and beat my old save within 5 laps with slower splits all due to the last section having no problems.. will update properly later but already seen some faster T1's.. just gotta jigsaw it all together! 👍

I'll be back later after I've had a good session but a new wheel is like new shoes nice and tight.. wish they would keep this feel and not fall apart haha :D anyway.. I'm more than happy with this purchase :cheers:

Awesome congrats with the new wheel good to hear it’s feels nice and tight. Not so happy to hear you beat your best lap in 5 laps that makes me nervous :nervous:

Cheers mate 👍 yeah the wheel feels great I don't know why I put up with the others faults for so long :confused:

I have some left to get but made .2 at the line :cool:👍

Cheers mate 👍 yeah the wheel feels great I don't know why I put up with the others faults for so long :confused:

I have some left to get but made .2 at the line :cool:👍

Maybe that's why you were so slow :lol::lol::lol:

Some awesome spilts mate :bowdown: I must go back to the drawing board :scared:

DTM
Maybe that's why you were so slow :lol::lol::lol:

Some awesome spilts mate :bowdown: I must go back to the drawing board :scared:

Yeah I blame the wheel also ;) now its time for that age old story...

84587201.jpg

On your marks.. get set.. :D

Gotta say your T1 is pretty damn fast Dennis 👍 my best is .297 so far but not in best save.... should be a close finish by the end :gtpflag:
GL all :cheers:

Gotta say your T1 is pretty damn fast Dennis 👍 my best is .297 so far but not in best save.... should be a close finish by the end :gtpflag:
GL all :cheers:

Thanks but the 2 combined yours are better.
I had a lucky .20x earlier in the week so I knew it was possible but doing it a whole different think and there is a lot of lap to go after that. So I ruined a few .1's before I hit it in a lap that I improved on. Downside is my 2nd sector sucks. So fingers crossed my last sector is way better then yours.

giphy.gif

Unlucky Dennis I know the feeling well :irked:

Lost speed everywhere after seeing that T1 :banghead: beat my lap by another .1at the line... but still .2 left before I am done 👍

This is a solution I can get behind... And possibly afford. Are those stands any good?
Not to bad, G29 pedals bolt to floor plate, steering uses the clamps at the back and 2 bolt holes at the front, clamping isn't an issue here. Had to zip tie chair to stand at base to keep from pushing stand forward under hard braking.
Not as rigid as what I design and build for a living but it's good bang for the buck!👍
They even have an affordable seat and mounts that you can add later.

IMG_20190515_142339511_HDR~2.jpg

Well my times are rubbish compared to everyone else but I'll submit my replay tonight. Had a lot of fun and learnt a heck of a lot. Thanks for all the advice and have to say this is a really friendly forum. 👍
Last night I did a few laps using my controller and automatic (which is what I'm used to) and couldn't beat my best time I got using manual transmission on the wheel so that was encouraging - although I did get close... I may do that in the future - use controller and automatic to nail down the lines then move over to manual on the wheel. Just so I'm not trying to juggle everything at once.
On to week 78!

Well my times are rubbish compared to everyone else but I'll submit my replay tonight.
The replay will only be required to be uploaded from tomorrow when the unofficial results are posted. If you upload before then you will be excluded from the results, which would be a shame as you've put in the hard yards.

I may do that in the future - use controller and automatic to nail down the lines then move over to manual on the wheel.
That's exactly what I did for the first few weeks and then once I got used to it, I dropped the controller like a hot potato. :D

Cheers and good luck @SuperMegaGeek!
:cheers:

The replay will only be required to be uploaded from tomorrow when the unofficial results are posted. If you upload before then you will be excluded from the results, which would be a shame as you've put in the hard yards.
Ah thanks for the heads up!

Would like to see this car used again for the record.. I never used it before this combo but damn it's a great drive!!

Will be a great week wherever you put this car :cheers:
Lucky for you, I am also a fan. :D

I normally would have used it on a tighter track, but I think it was a nice fit here and a different kind of challenge.

Improved a very small amount (.004) at the line with so so initial splits. Very good last sector and corner. Almost gave up on the lap.

Need to string together my good T1and T2 times.

Back