GTP_WRS Week 77 : The Little Nissan That Could

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 120 comments
Couldn't resist some laps and its a great car with default settings 👍 My best clean save has...

1'10.400
1'40.950
2'06.200
2'37.517

Sweet drive going back for more after an oil change as I see it loses power after 200 miles or so driven and bogs down near the first chicane on Mulsanne and only hits 187mph when oil is dead versus 190+ with good oil... so its a good reference for sure and stops you wasting time ;)

I'll be back :D

Could only managed this for now with a total of 30 something laps over the last 2 days. hope to have more time over the weekend.

1'11.733
1'42.683
2'08.450
2'40.150

need to be that little bit more daring over the curbs.

After some weeks off, I'm giving this one a go.

1'12.663
1'43.813
2'09.646
2'41.696

Last edited:
Patrick, Baron, we're lapping pretty close. :P Always a great race with ya's. ;)

First splits after 1hr:

1'10.366
1'41.016
2'06.350
2'37.950

Then another hour and found 0.5 more, but will have to look at it later, smashed into the wall. :lol:

Man, we might have to mine the GTP_WRS : Suggestions Box to find a combo to follow this one. :crazy: Thanks to Javier and Patrick for the idea & testing it! :gtpflag:

Being as this is only my third TT,theres a few points regarding track limits i'm still a bit unsure about,especially here as theres quite a few edges to fall off,although I seem to be constantly tumbling off at the same place lap after lap.
The area in question is the exit of the final Porsche curve,its shown on the previous page,but i'm having doubts a bit further back.From what I gather looking at the other clean/dirty pics-two wheels on the trackside tarmac,two off is legal and as long as two wheels are on a rumblestrip/kerb thats also legal ?
Heres a couple of pics taken from my lap(both taken on the exit of the final Porsche curve)which illustrate what my question a bit better...
The second was taken a play/pause click after the first,and basically is my line legal ?

Circuit de la Sarthe 2013.jpg
Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_1.jpg

Apologies for the long post,but I just wanted to be sure i'm driving within track limits,before spending more time on what could be illegal laps,oh and thanks for your patience where my (almost) constant questioning is concerned 👍

Hard to say, both pics are clean. But I guess your left wheels are outside the white line before entering the curb. If so it's dirty if you stay inside/on the line it's clean.

@Meister Fetz So if my left wheels go off track between the two photos,its dirty,but whats there is within limits-cool got it .
Cheers for clearing that up 👍

Being as this is only my third TT,theres a few points regarding track limits i'm still a bit unsure about,especially here as theres quite a few edges to fall off,although I seem to be constantly tumbling off at the same place lap after lap.
The area in question is the exit of the final Porsche curve,its shown on the previous page,but i'm having doubts a bit further back.From what I gather looking at the other clean/dirty pics-two wheels on the trackside tarmac,two off is legal and as long as two wheels are on a rumblestrip/kerb thats also legal ?
Heres a couple of pics taken from my lap(both taken on the exit of the final Porsche curve)which illustrate what my question a bit better...
The second was taken a play/pause click after the first,and basically is my line legal ?

View attachment 406341 View attachment 406342

Apologies for the long post,but I just wanted to be sure i'm driving within track limits,before spending more time on what could be illegal laps,oh and thanks for your patience where my (almost) constant questioning is concerned 👍
After the rumble is where I normally go outside the white line, had a lap .4 quicker ruined by one tire slightly outside white line just after that rumble. That is a hard turn to do correctly, done right it is worth quite a bit of time.

Ok new splits a bit better than last one,

1'11.500
1'42.267
2'07.783
2'39.583

been submitted and accepted, good luck everyone who has entered, and hope you meet your target times.

Messed up last chicane was way to aggressive but still had a 0.9 gain

1:09.878
1:40.218
2:05.307
2:36.641

Excellent splits skyline... I cant race again until the weekend but I know already it's gonna be a tall order trying to match those for the duration of the lap 👍

1'13.950
1'45.750
2'11.984
2'45.267

Looking at replays,theres still huge chunks of time out there to be had-I feel like I could do with another week at this..

@pogledrip I know the feeling :P I had similar issues in the beginning. Keep in mind that it's not a bad idea to continue learning a combo even after the deadline you'll gain more track and car knowledge that always comes in handy. What also helped me greatly is watching replay's of faster guys with a similar car on the track. Another tip is participate in the WRS online events this teaches you race craft aswell as the drivinglines. It helped me a lot in becoming faster but also becoming a better driver on many different aspects.

*offensive lines
*defensive lines
*situational awareness
*track position
*precision driving
and loads more. Give it a try! but first to get you a bit up to speed here's an replay of @PASM race replay from when we last visited the track in the WRS. pay attention to his lines and the smooth inputs.

Also if you want to know more about my learning curve I wrote up my experiences from when I first started till my first promotion. Bit of a long read but it might help you ;)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...s-and-promotions.301215/page-28#post-10190580

I hope it's of any help to you! Good luck!

Last edited:
Excellent splits skyline... I cant race again until the weekend but I know already it's gonna be a tall order trying to match those for the duration of the lap 👍

Thank you thou pretty frustrated as I know there's more time to be had.
Very hard to get every traction zone right and any mistake down the mulsane straight and chicanes the lap is over .

@GTP_Dutchy Thank you for the encouraging words and advice :)
I'm just about to have my lunch,so i'll check out the vid then,and i'll definately have a read up of your early career 👍
With regards to the online racing,thats more or less what bought me to the WRS.I got into the Midfield QM race and really enjoyed it,strangely enough I actually liked getting battered off at the first turn as it meant I had to work my way through the field,overtaking and dodging the rammers etc,but after a time it started getting tedious,what with the godawful driving skills(or lack of) of most of the others on track and getting penalized if someone rammed into you and all that.
Anyways,I started looking round the forum for races and happened upon the WRS,I had intended to sign up for the races as well,but these TTs are so bloody addictive I can't seem to leave them alone when i've got a bit of PS3 time :lol:
I reckon maybe a couple more TTs just to get them out of my system and then sign up for the online races.
Thank you again and have a good day :)

Back