GTP_WRS Week 8 : Slip Slidin' Away

• Thread starter EDK
  • 403 comments

Switched to TC0 from 1 and found that it allowed for better cornering of the tight right-hander leading into the chicane. However, overall times with and without TC have been similar for me. Need to get Sector 3 right consistently now to help bring down total lap time.

Well here I was about to give up after last night. In a 35 lap stint this morning before work I ran 3 laps faster than my previous best. I actually almost put a perfect lap together. Hit T1 and T2 but left about .2 at T3. Went in too hot on that right hander, was a little excited after seeing first 2 sectors. :banghead: Still was fastest lap of day.

Last edited:
I’m calling time on this one, away now for the weekend so submitting with what’s on the board. I have to say, this week has been an absolute blast pirouetting around this little track, thanks again to all the admins and stewards for the great organisation :cheers: :gtpflag:

I’m calling time on this one, away now for the weekend so submitting with what’s on the board. I have to say, this week has been an absolute blast pirouetting around this little track, thanks again to all the admins and stewards for the great organisation :cheers: :gtpflag:
Have a good weekend Andy.

Phillip

EDK

No, I had it on 1 when I fired up tonight and just left it there. Normally run 0 except race cars when I normally use 1-3 (GT6).

At mo:
ABS weak (I'm assuming that's probably equivalent to 1 on GT6)
TCS. 1
BB. 1

Incidentally, I've found ABS to be acceptable here in GTS, whereas, in GT6 it seemed to lock up immediately.

No, I had it on 1 when I fired up tonight and just left it there. Normally run 0 except race cars when I normally use 1-3 (GT6).

At mo:
ABS weak (I'm assuming that's probably equivalent to 1 on GT6)
TCS. 1
BB. 1

Incidentally, I've found ABS to be acceptable here in GTS, whereas, in GT6 it seemed to lock up immediately.
Try 0 and watch it drop. ;)

BB +1 TCS 0 abs default

First 15 laps, figuring out how to drive this beast, I'll try more tonight and this weekend.

I typically race with bumper cam but have been having more success driving cockpit for some reason it gives me a better sense of when I'm about to lose the traction.

BB +1 TCS 0 abs default

First 15 laps, figuring out how to drive this beast, I'll try more tonight and this weekend.

I typically race with bumper cam but have been having more success driving cockpit for some reason it gives me a better sense of when I'm about to lose the traction.
Welcome, man, I believe I've been in a few Sport mode races with you. :cheers: Interesting tip about cockpit view.

Hmm, it may be just a placebo, but back in time (before 1st week of WRS in Sport) when i tried the cockpit view in some quali TT's for FIA test races, car i drove started to feel more calm, like it gave me some kind of little more grip, or some sort of aid. Nothing much like you can gain with this, its just the feel.

Never tried it again since, as sticked with bumper cam for the mirror and the MFD in middle between gauges (instead of on the side as in other views).

68 laps and I actually hit my optimal lap time.:eek::bowdown:

This might be it for me. I am moving way to high up on the leader board. It is getting hard to breath.:lol:

Is the car not suppose to have paint on the left quarter panel? :D

Edit: this is with TC 0, ABS weak, BB -2

Last edited:
Back