GTP_WRS Week 8 : Slip Slidin' Away

• Thread starter EDK
  • 403 comments

Very first splits so lots of opportunity to improve - at least its now 3 non red flagged laps out of 9 laps run rather than 1 out of 9 as on Bathurst !

That way I can work on consistency rather than fearing each corner.........

TCS/BB 0 and for the fun of it ABS off (wearing clothes not pyjamas !) - not too many corners that require hard braking on this circuit and did a lot of no ABS running on GT6 in 'classic' cars too.

Should encourage some delicate braking (and maybe a good excuse for being slow !).........when it comes to the team events then I'll reconsider for the good of the team !

First session, about 30 laps. I know this track pretty well from sport mode, but this car is a handful. You need impeccable throttle control to be able to drive it on the edge.

These are my splits (TCS/BB = 0):

I almost lost it at the last chicane but somehow I managed to hold the car in place and finish the lap. I'm quite happy with it but I think there's still a bit more time to be gained. I'm definitely gonna have another go at this later this week.

Awesome car, sometimes feels like a slide can be quicker...but you just know it isn't. I spent about an hour on this, soo much fun. I reckon I can still find a bit of time, even after an hour! So tempting to stamp on the pedal when out of the corner but it just kicks sideways with any force, and TCS kills a good half second on straights, was good to see this in action against my ghost that previously had TCS3! My second week, might post an improvement later this week, but figured I would get this posted in case I can't get any more decent time behind the screen.

TCS/BB 0, Tilt steer ftw!

Awesome car, sometimes feels like a slide can be quicker...but you just know it isn't. I spent about an hour on this, soo much fun. I reckon I can still find a bit of time, even after an hour! So tempting to stamp on the pedal when out of the corner but it just kicks sideways with any force, and TCS kills a good half second on straights, was good to see this in action against my ghost that previously had TCS3! My second week, might post an improvement later this week, but figured I would get this posted in case I can't get any more decent time behind the screen.

TCS/BB 0, Tilt steer ftw!

I like to post after every session I am faster in, it is fun watching as I move up or down the leader boards as the week progresses. Also you can develop some friendly rivalries/competitions with other drivers as you battle for position all week.

After 6 more laps and ABS tuned up to off (yes, off, not just weak :D ) I ran this:

I know it's basically just "getting the feel of drive" type of improvement, but I set my goal for this week as follows:
  1. Setting a certain time for the LB (value to vary, as i'll progress)
  2. Try to learn to drive without ABS (this track and combo seems does not need as drastic use of brakes as one would say)
  3. Learn to handle the vehicle without any aids (BB on -5 for now)
  4. few more of the goals to come
Also a question on Stewards:
As in figure skating, there are two types of pointing (technical merit and presentation) - will we get some extra points for this combo aswell? :D:cheers:

Back