GTP_WRS Week 8 : Slip Slidin' Away

• Thread starter EDK
  • 403 comments
Tried ASM for the first time, for a lap; never again. Then put in one of those sessions where you only nail two of the three sectors. You know the ones, where you make a mistake on one lap, then make the exact same mistake the next. Then on the third lap you get that corner perfectly, only to mess up the next. The lap after that you get them both wrong ... :banghead:

Finally beat my original lap.

Challenge accepted :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edit: just out of interest does anyone else’s ghost cars have steering wheels sticking out of the right hand side near the rear wheel? I’m finding it very distracting every time I see it :confused:

That's an instant DQ, we do not allow two drivers in our TT's and unles you can come up with a legitimate reason for having two steering wheels.......:lol::P

First time in car or track period, hard work to control it at first but good fun
First splits

Can someone tell me how you just save best lap replay and not overall one?
Thanks

Can someone tell me how you just save best lap replay and not overall one?
Thanks

Click on the replay menu at the top of the menu screen next to race settings & you will see options to save replay, save best lap replay or load ghost. Loading the ghost of your fastest lap is very handy for judging how well you are doing when you come back to the game another time. Hope that makes sense?
EAC41CAC-657E-4D03-BE36-1F5E3F8394AE.jpeg

On a separate note I have realised the stewards for this track are big fans of mine as they keep waving flags at me when I pass them :lol::lol::lol:

Click on the replay menu at the top of the menu screen next to race settings & you will see options to save replay, save best lap replay or load ghost. Loading the ghost of your fastest lap is very handy for judging how well you are doing when you come back to the game another time. Hope that makes sense?
View attachment 706856

On a separate note I have realised the stewards for this track are big fans of mine as they keep waving flags at me when I pass them :lol::lol::lol:

Spot on cheers

Retrospective look to past week: give us some Crampons, which were not needed last week! :P :D they would be really handy here. ^^
Something like these?

f3de8a8e.jpg.505x650_q85.jpg

For any of you guys struggling with the grip, it's mostly a matter of making sure you don't have the wheel turned while trying to accelerate. Those rear tires only have so much grip, and they can either turn or accelerate, but not both at once. ;)

EDK
Something like these?

f3de8a8e.jpg.505x650_q85.jpg

For any of you guys struggling with the grip, it's mostly a matter of making sure you don't have the wheel turned while trying to accelerate. Those rear tires only have so much grip, and they can either turn or accelerate, but not both at once. ;)
Exactly, the more spikes the merrier. :D

Not giving up yet mate, just had another 10 laps & beat my overall time but with slower splits. My opt says there’s another half a second there if I can string it together!

Great, looking forward to the competition again.

I ran 15 laps before I had to be an Adult and go to work, I was starting to knock on the door of a faster lap, my S1 & S2 splits were faster numerous times, but I am having trouble with the third Sector, keep over accelerating.......but I am only .2 off my opt right now.

Hi.

Here is a stupid question.

Im at kyoto driving park- miyabi driving driving a stock corvette stingray 69 and i got [Lap Time Removed by Moderator]. Split 1: 11.246, split: 22.376.

Im a missing something? How can i be so much slower in sector 2 than u?

Hi.

Here is a stupid question.

Im at kyoto driving park- miyabi driving driving a stock corvette stingray 69 and i got [Lap Time Removed by Moderator]. Split 1: 11.246, split: 22.376.

Im a missing something? How can i be so much slower in sector 2 than u?
Hi - We don't share our full lap times here in the thread, I removed it from your post.

We post the sector times in here, not the split times. So the T2 time would be the time of only the second sector, from the live timing screen within the replay. You will need to pause the replay and enter that screen after your car passes the T2 timing line.

So your 22.376 should be an 11.130 sector 2 in the live timing screen.

After a 250 mile stint today I’m well up on my previous best lap with still potentially another half a second to take off.
Finally removed the weak ABS today too which was the only assist I’ve used in previous weeks.

Did shutting the ABS off help? It is the only assist I have on but could use every tip I can get this week, to beat you. :)

Did shutting the ABS off help? It is the only assist I have on but could use every tip I can get this week, to beat you. :)

The purists will tell you it adds to the immersion and the experience by not using it, I say use it. It's there for a reason and does nothing to impede your lap times. I always have ABS set to default that's the only aid I use

It takes a few laps to get used to it but I’ve been faster since I took it off. Can’t say 100% that it’s because of that or just that I’ve found the right lines & braking points.

Not that I want to help you beat me or that you need any help beating me :lol::lol::lol:

Back