GTP_WRS Week 8 : Slip Slidin' Away

• Thread starter EDK
  • 403 comments
Did shutting the ABS off help? It is the only assist I have on but could use every tip I can get this week, to beat you. :)

Unless it's bugged like the N300 Lancer is (or at least was) then it's always faster to have it on I've found. For those that don't know the Lancer had a bug where it would gain straight line speed by switching the ABS off making it 2 seconds faster at Dragon Trail, not sure if it's still there.

Had a quick break, did some driving missions and gave it another go before heading over to bed. Almost broke to the next second, so I guess that's my goal to wrap this week up.

... and I still think this hunk of metal belongs to the scrapyard ... :D

All I want for Christmas is Sports Soft tires :D

That was my 3rd lap, went to p00p subsequently thereafter. I can't count the number of times I'm sideways as I cross T2 :lol:

Jerome

I think I am losing my hair on this one

685753-71d08e0ff7f13329569a8541ceb6d1c1.jpg

Jerome

Attachments

• Brady.jpg
    Brady.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 6
Are you using 3rd or staying in 4th? Don't know about the other guys but I stayed in 4th.
I found it faster to drop into 3rd at corner 1, no brake just slam it into 3rd & bounce it off the red line before feathering the throttle to get around to the apex before feeding back to full throttle. Not saying that’s the right way to do it but it’s working for me 👍

I can't count the number of times I'm sideways as I cross T2 :lol:

Only sideways? It’s usually backwards for me:lol:

For this lap I stayed in 4th but I've been experimenting with 3rd a little bit. My best sector 1 is with 3rd but I believe it negatively effects sector 2 because of the gear change.
Ahhhhh that makes sense now. I've been entering into turn 1 in 4th barely dab the brakes stay right but not too tight and shift down to 3rd and shift back up to 4th just as I end sector 1. That makes complete sense how your getting into the 25s now for T2. I'll have to give that a shot.

Not too good, but the best I can do with controller. I should have never sold my G29 until the new wheel arrived. Hopefully tomorrow.

I'm just full of bonehead moves this week...:dunce: :banghead:

Back