GTP_WRS Week 81 : Nice Bacs-Side

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 148 comments
I'm just confirming why I gave up even friendly online racing - I'm too inconsistent to put down more than maybe one halfway-decent lap a week:

1'01.148

Nowhere near competitive but first splits as follows.

I don't even see breaking a minute at s1 yet but that always changes as the attempts Go on....

Deep Forest has always been one my GT favorite's, the car though is a suprisingly nice drive

1:00.567

Can you share the link please?

Be happy to... Great time in last weeks time trial. 👍

I could post the Deep Forest video in here if others have interest in it. :confused:

Edit: Oops looks like I posted the video instead. I tried it again another way and got the same thing. I will try doing it via a PM.

Edit II Same problem. Just do a youtube search for GT6 Time Trials by Mscqueegy if you still want the complete playlist.

Last edited:
Lost some time in T1 but gained in T2, lot's of time left to be found

Be happy to... Great time in last weeks time trial. 👍

I could post the Deep Forest video in here if others have interest in it. :confused:

Edit: Oops looks like I posted the video instead. I tried it again another way and got the same thing. I will try doing it via a PM.

Edit II Same problem. Just do a youtube search for GT6 Time Trials by Mscqueegy if you still want the complete playlist.

I've been pounding away at this track(put down nearly 500 miles yesterday)trying to find that little bit,and after watching that video I think I may have seen where its hiding 💡
Thanks for posting it up 👍

Running this track reversed in the seasonal TT was fun,its got a nice flow to it,but its not as challenging as this-good choice of track and car 👍,and a car with gears,that 2D felt too much like an auto for my liking-nowt like a few crunched gear changes to keep you on your toes :lol:,though :bowdown: to @nursemorph for putting that time down using an auto gearbox.

Thanks....I didn't think the time was very good to be honest. What do I get for running an auto gearbox....and using x and square for accelerate and brake? ;)

1'01.000

Made up a fair bit,then lost a fair bit coming out of the final tunnel-wish I could turn off that split timer and just have my total lap time without everything else going as well,its bloody distracting :irked:

I might actually turn race display off if I could see a gear indicator.
edit: Got it backwards at first.

Changed brake bias from the default 5/5 to a rear bias of 2/7 and found a chunk of time and there is still more to find (my current theoretical best sector 2 split is two tenths quicker)...may try a different BB tomorrow:

S1: 28.282
S2: 1'00.932

Lost speed on the final bend and my ghost caught up from .2 down and I only made half a tenth at the line :mad:

If I can match it and clean up the last section another .2 off the lap with luck 👍

I messed up my t3 as well. Gonna try it again tonight. T2 is really about luck.

Just submitted my first splits from earlier, for some reason since the new three seasonal race's came out I have to restart the ps3 everytime.

I messed up my t3 as well. Gonna try it again tonight. T2 is really about luck.

T3 is so easy to mess up as it is deceptively simple.....I had my best final corner so far and carried the most speed through (would've beaten my best time by 2 tenths).....was way out on the kerb exiting it and was fine until the kerb ran out and I couldn't react quick enough to get it back over the white line to make it legal :(

T2 you are right about....entering any of the corners a few centimetres different can mess up several corners as I keep finding out

was way out on the kerb exiting it and was fine until the kerb ran out and I couldn't react quick enough to get it back over the white line to make it legal :(
The best is when you spin into the pits. :D Keep at it, you've knocked the rust off pretty quick! 👍

15 laps last night - T2 still above 60sec, don't have the exact numbers right now. Such a good car here, even on the bad laps.

The best is when you spin into the pits. :D Keep at it, you've knocked the rust off pretty quick! 👍

I haven't managed to achieve that one yet! Thanks...to be honest, there wasn't really any rust when I returned to the game....in fact, on the contrary, I seemed to have improved while not playing the game :eek: The Senna F3 challenge around Brands I could only get within a tenth of the gold time when I last played yet, when I tried it again on my return to the game, it took me less than an hour to find 2 tenths to gold it. I think I have been helped by the fact that, while I haven't played GT for a year, I have played a lot of Need For Speed, Grid and GTA during that time so, despite the different physics, it has stopped me getting rusty and has probably improved me due to using a lot of differing cars and physics as I've had to adjust to each game

This week, if you are on a good lap you can't "bank it" by being conservative in the final sector. That last turn is all or nothing, quite often I come up with nothing :banghead:. Only one thing to do, practice until its no longer a problem 💡

What speed are people at the top of the hill after the final corner? I think my top speed was 105 mph.

It's really hard to knock those tenths off now

Back