GTP_WRS Week 81 : Nice Bacs-Side

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 148 comments
Well, that was an interesting session to say the least. Firstly, I managed to set a new fastest lap on Lap 1 of a session, despite starting the lap almost 10mph down on my best lap previously! Then, I managed to beat my sector 2 split time and freaked out and almost lost it in the final sector (note the attached photo which shows I am leaving nothing on the track...not to mention my car decided it doesn't like the colour, even though I think it suits the car, so changed into a lawnmower for a split second :lol:)

This was all fun but then I strung together four consistently quick laps which is completely out of character for me! I've seen a point 5 sector 2 split but, naturally, messed up in the final sector but am still happy that I have improved my time by a big margin...not sure if I'll manage to go any quicker so I'll submit now, though I will still try anyway

S1: 28.181
S2: 1'00.731

Attachments

• Deep Forest Raceway.jpg
    Deep Forest Raceway.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 16
You can take that apex at 105??? Wow I must be doing something seriously wrong..

105 in this car seems to be top speed through there...well, unless some of the aliens at the top are managing quicker. I'm usually around the 105 mark when I am setting a quick time. The one thing I have realised with this corner is that it is a corner that really rewards aggressiveness but too aggressive and you end up over the rumbles on exit and can't get back on track quick enough before the rumble ends to make it legal.

105 in this car seems to be top speed through there...well, unless some of the aliens at the top are managing quicker. I'm usually around the 105 mark when I am setting a quick time. The one thing I have realised with this corner is that it is a corner that really rewards aggressiveness but too aggressive and you end up over the rumbles on exit and can't get back on track quick enough before the rumble ends to make it legal.
I'm probably not hanging out on the curb enough before entry to this one, the usual story. I managed 102 this evening but still can't break 1 minute at s2. Don't think the beers helped though. Will have another go tomorrow .

Is it just me or is anyone else totally confused about how to take the turns just before the first tunnel, I guess turns 2 and 3... Always debating whether to lift or not to get a wider line into t2...or if can go flat and stay in fourth before dropping to third before the tight right before the tunnel.... Combo is fun but it's more frustrating than most for sure.

Is it just me or is anyone else totally confused about how to take the turns just before the first tunnel, I guess turns 2 and 3... Always debating whether to lift or not to get a wider line into t2...or if can go flat and stay in fourth before dropping to third before the tight right before the tunnel.... Combo is fun but it's more frustrating than most for sure.

I say it's best to stay in 3rd between tunnels 1 and 2 and bounce on the limiter to judge the right hander into tunnel 2... gear upto 4th on the exit of tunnel 2 👍

I can't really talk as I've been absent a lot recently, but what's the reason for the sudden lack of participants in the wrs? Have a lot of racers moved to other events?
@mr_lab_rat and @crowhop and others just some that I haven't seen for a while who I loved to compete against. Hmmm

Just binned a 59.8s.... Done for tonight, well this morning, 4am here. Beers have ruined this :crazy: but good to know I saw a sub 60s t2.

You can take that apex at 105??? Wow I must be doing something seriously wrong..

@Bertracer for those of us who still live on planet earth (non aliens) not dropping below 103 may be a more realistic goal. :lol:

For me it's all about knowing how fast can I consistently take that corner. That way, if I have PB splits then I should be able to keep the lap, if I'm off the pace I work on being faster. Good Luck!

@Bertracer for those of us who still live on planet earth (non aliens) not dropping below 103 may be a more realistic goal. :lol:
Yes, my current lap that I may have to use, has this speed. It also has a terrible first sector but it's still difficult for me to beat.

I can't really talk as I've been absent a lot recently, but what's the reason for the sudden lack of participants in the wrs? Have a lot of racers moved to other events?
@mr_lab_rat and @crowhop and others just some that I haven't seen for a while who I loved to compete against. Hmmm

Just binned a 59.8s.... Done for tonight, well this morning, 4am here. Beers have ruined this :crazy: but good to know I saw a sub 60s t2.
I'm playing pCARS on PC now. Haven't turned on GT6 in several months. GT6 simply did not have the replay-ability of GT5 for me.
The hours spent doing the Time Trials became drudgery instead of fun and I knew then I wouldn't be able to keep it up. Life also got very busy and my overall gaming time is down drastically anyway.
I do miss the fun and joy of the competition and racing though.

I'm playing pCARS on PC now. Haven't turned on GT6 in several months. GT6 simply did not have the replay-ability of GT5 for me.
The hours spent doing the Time Trials became drudgery instead of fun and I knew then I wouldn't be able to keep it up. Life also got very busy and my overall gaming time is down drastically anyway.
I do miss the fun and joy of the competition and racing though.

It's been a while, welcome back stranger :D

I did a 171-172-171 kph final turn, just didn't go wide enough (?) to reach 200 kph at the line (had right side tyres fully on the exit rumble). :eek:

Here's the splits from the lap I did earlier in the session:

I'm probably not hanging out on the curb enough before entry to this one, the usual story. I managed 102 this evening but still can't break 1 minute at s2. Don't think the beers helped though. Will have another go tomorrow .

Yeah, that's where the aggressiveness comes in....if you want to know how to take that corner quicker, then I would suggest downloading an aliens lap from a previous event we have run here (the first few weeks of the WRS we ran an Audi R8 here so, while quicker, it would give you a clue on the lines etc)

With regards to the S before the first tunnel, I can't comment on gears as I use auto-shift. My quickest times have always been when I set up a wide line coming up to it, then turn in and try to straight line it as much as possible, hit the brakes at the apex of the S then release as I'm about to start the next turn and hit the gas. I would upload a video to illustrate it but I don't have a capture card and it's too much faffing around to set up my tablet to video it.

As expected, I have continued to try and improve my times....yesterday, I managed to set PBs in all sectors (not on the same lap as usual!), saw another .5 Sector 2 split which I binned in the final sector as usual. Towards the end of the session, I had a very poor first sector but was within a thousandth of my best sector 2 time and got a PB in the final sector to improve at the line (leaves me with slower split times). I still have work to do though as i have a theoretical best sector 2 split of a .3 so definitely time needed to be found.....if I could do the same lap but with a good sector 1 time, I'd be happy as I've seen a .0 sector 1 time:

S1: 28.371
S2: 1'00.738

Last edited:
Back