GTP_WRS Week 81 : Nice Bacs-Side

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 148 comments
I would suggest downloading an aliens lap from a previous event we have run here (the first few weeks of the WRS we ran an Audi R8 here so, while quicker, it would give you a clue on the lines etc)

@Bertracer & @nursemorph fyi...
I attached a video of @mcsqueegy at Deep Forest on pg.2 of this thread. (post #37)
Just above that (post #34) is a race video of top tier aliens that @Gravitron found.

Personally, I found both videos to be equally helpful. Good luck! 👍

@Gravitron Thanks....I feel I have nailed that complex when I get it right!

@RuddRacer Thanks for pointing it out...I didn't even think to look back and see if there were any posted....my memory is pretty crap these days lol

As for times, I have been on a rool today and managed to beat my previous best lap from yesterday 4 times in 25 laps :eek: I did, however, learn that it is always best to save your best lap after you run it....I did a really good time which was dirty due to being too wide exiting the final corner, decided to use it as a good rabbit....and, as you can guess, I was slower than that time but quicker than my previous best! This happened 3 times in total before I finally managed to beat it....overall, I have gained 2 1/2 tenths on the line today so I am very happy there...not to mention I have improved my split by a margin. WIll still keep trying until the event finishes as I am loving it and I still have more time to get as my best lap only had a PB sector 2 but I'm only a tenth off my theoretical best sectors 1 and 2:

S1: 28.110
S2: 1:00.343

@nursemorph you could easily gain more time by switching to manual transmission. I would bet money it would be like 2nd nature by Monday.

And you don't have to stop using X and square: I have gearchanges setup at R2 and L2 and use X for throttle and O for brakes so it's only a slight change.
Auto is too much of a handicap some weeks.

I wish I could use manual transmission but my concentration levels are not very good due to being in constant pain and the load of painkillers I take....I tried it in the first week of the WRS in GT6 but it didn't work as I kept forgetting to change gears! (I have to use the driving line as I frequently forget to brake as well). I agree it is a big handicap at times like this combo and I can only imagine how much quicker I would be but, at present, it just isn't possible....in the future, if either of my surgeons manages to sort out some of my pain, then I will probably be able to but, for now, I just have to accept there are limits to my speed

Playing GT is a good rehabilitation tool in itself. There are serious scientific studies prooving that playing video games and what that comprises ( focus, hand-eye coordinaction, memory) is a good way to keep the brain going. Will pm you with some more data on this so we don't drift off topic here 👍

I use the driving line as well... and I still forget to brake. I also still forget to change gears and bounce off the limiter. I set markers on track for shifting points. Like the shadow on track after turn 1, go to 4th. Tunnel in sector 2, 4th at the hump. 5th at the crest of the hill before t3 tunnel.

I have adhd and a learning disorder. Just have to work with the hand you're dealt.

Where the circuit has a rumble strip and a white line, whic one 'is' the track limit?
:cheers:

Where the circuit has a rumble strip and a white line, whic one 'is' the track limit?
:cheers:
The white lines are almost never the boundary, unless specifically stated in the Race Specifics. It's usually tarmac and rumble strips are the boundaries, as is the case here, and you can ignore the lines.

Tip toes into room and quietly places splits onto leaderboard.

Tip toes out of room, taking care to avoid that squeaky floorboard. Maybe he won't notice.

Actually, not much to worry about. My final corner is not at all @Meister Fetz like. Gained almost a tenth, still a couple left in the lap.

I use the driving line as well... and I still forget to brake. I also still forget to change gears and bounce off the limiter. I set markers on track for shifting points. Like the shadow on track after turn 1, go to 4th. Tunnel in sector 2, 4th at the hump. 5th at the crest of the hill before t3 tunnel.

I have adhd and a learning disorder. Just have to work with the hand you're dealt.

Yeah, I still sometimes forget to brake as well....one lap some time ago I just didn't brake at all going into a corner as my mind wandered and couldn't understand why I hit a wall :lol: I might give manual gears a try again as you have shown that it is possible....in fairness, last time I tried, part of the issue was using the trigger buttons or shoulder buttons for too long gave me cramp in my hands due to one of my painkillers but I stopped taking it a while ago. Thanks for the encouragement 👍

Tip toes out of room, taking care to avoid that squeaky floorboard. Maybe he won't notice.

Actually, not much to worry about. My final corner is not at all @Meister Fetz like. Gained almost a tenth, still a couple left in the lap.

I'm going to have an anxiety attack come Monday with all these close times. Nice splits 👍

Surely you must have realised now that almost all the floorboards have squeaks? In fact, I do believe that they have been altered slightly to ensure the right level of squeakiness :lol: If I may make a suggestion, perhaps next time you may want to consider the skylight in the roof and use a rope and abseil down, Mission Impossible style :P

Beer works (kinda :-) in games only lol)

1:00.190

Had a better lap than this one despite kissing the wall before sector 2 split

:dunce::cheers:

I can't believe I'm saying this and in no way do I have the last turn mastered but 900 miles into this event I'm now finding T1 harder to duplicate than the last sector. :odd:

I've broken into the 27's just twice so far to T1, I think I know "how to do it" again but my timing and muscle memory appear to be failing me. :irked:

Maybe I'll have an "eureka" moment tonight. 💡

Back