GTP_WRS Week 83: Viper Waltz

• Thread starter roamer2629
  • 113 comments
Managed to have one final go at this and I can't say I ever felt fully in control of the car but somehow got it round in one piece!

This combination has grown on me a lot, felt impossible to start with but once you accept you don't have the downforce of an F1 car and your breaking points are way sooner than you'd like it's actually quite good fun!

Managed to have one final go at this and I can't say I ever felt fully in control of the car but somehow got it round in one piece!

This combination has grown on me a lot, felt impossible to start with but once you accept you don't have the downforce of an F1 car and your breaking points are way sooner than you'd like it's actually quite good fun!

The Viper is quite good on the brakes actually, most of the other cars we tested should have been fitted with parachutes :D

Late to the party, but I'm not ailing now so I can actually do some laps. Undecided if I can find more time as trying to push just seems to make it go more wrong then I want.

83B678DE-0C16-4EAB-A201-7C4DCB78F94B.jpeg

Looking for another opinion on this, I think it’s just ok.

View attachment 832580
Looking for another opinion on this, I think it’s just ok.
It certainly looks like about 1cm of contact patch is over the legal rumbles, but keep in mind that the actual photo taken in photomode is what we will use to make the determination of clean vs dirty. It looks like you're still in photomode preview mode there. In GT5/6 there could be slight differences in preview mode vs the actual photo, so we have opted to use actual photos for evidence. That might involve taking 5 to 10 photos per.

Thanks for the responses. :cheers: @Gravitron the image is from photomode before the actual photo is taken, where the camera settings can be adjusted; the problem I had with taking an actual photo was that it made the curb blurred, which made it more difficult to determine contact.

Thanks for the responses. :cheers: @Gravitron the image is from photomode before the actual photo is taken, where the camera settings can be adjusted; the problem I had with taking an actual photo was that it made the curb blurred, which made it more difficult to determine contact.
You need to up the shutter speed to 1/8000 instead of the default.

Back