IMG_2879.jpg

Vehicle Specifics :

• Power: 197 HP
  • Weight: 1336 kg
  • Driving Aids: Optional
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Tyre Type: S2 Front / S1 Rear
  • Tuning: N/A
  • In-Race RA Functions: Optional (if available)

IMG_2876.jpg

Race Specifics
:

• The green painted concrete next of the rumbles is not part of the track
  • G25 Clutch is prohibited
  • Your run must be done while OFFLINE

Steward's Comments:
Back to Basics this week, with an FF car in Arcade TT. It's really a nice drive, and the car is still a bit of a challenge at the limit, while still relatively easy to put in laps without big mistakes.

The name for this week's event stems for the 90's US ad campaign for Volkswagen - "Fahrvergnügen". I found this commercial on YouTube, enjoy :)

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:

You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'.
To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Page' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay' option.

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • The green painted concrete next of the rumbles is not part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

IMG_2872.jpg

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• Any Settings Discussion
  • T1 and T2 times

Minimal number of splits: 2
Maximum number of splits: 2

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 91 Submission ) to (Vaxen):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    [Division#]---M'SS.XXX---GTP_Tag
    (Example-) [division 2]---1'44.678---GTP_EDK
  • You can submit only once
  • Please include in your submission PM your division, GTP_Tag and final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday August 2nd 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

IMG_2865.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Thats better than last weeks. One I might actually be able to go okay in.

Did a 10 lap stint

T1- 1.05.677
T2- 2.02.053

Still plenty off time out there. I wanted to get my splits up early so i could be top for a while. Then just watch as i slip further and further down!

1'06.593
2'03.943

1'05.932
2'02.607

Last edited:
T1 1'06.302
T2 2'03.916

Only done half a dozen or so laps, will get back to this later in the week. 👍

Hi fellas pretty new to the WRS.
Any particular things to look out for in this circuit.
The games penalty system is pretty lax to say the least.
Wouldn't want to submit a dodgy replay.

Any advice would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks.
Tezza.

Thanks.
Tezza.

Actually theres not a lot you can get away with at suzuka.

Put in 'Sukuka track map' into google. The only areas you need be especially careful are degner curves, spoon, and the casio triangle. Just keep it on the tarmac and you'll be fine ;)

Thanks.
Tezza.

Just know that only 2 surfaces are considered track. Black Tarmac and Red and White Rumble Strips. Any other surfaces are not track. And you must have at least 2 wheels on or vertically in line with the track at all times.

Beyond that, the penalties for Degner 1 and the entrance to Casio Triangle allow you to be off track and not have your time go red.

picture.php

Thanks to AMG. for the track map.

Thanks.
Tezza.

Nothing really thats not in the opening post, you'd be doing something seriously wrong to touch any walls other than the pit wall, even then you'd be on a rather 'unusual' line. :)

The main thing to remember is to only use the red and white portion of the kerbs, NOT the green stuff just beyond it on most of the corners. 👍

EDIT:Tree'd, posting from the PS3, I always have an excuse for being slow. :lol:

Thanks alot fellas.

Personally I wish the in game penalty system was a bit more severe.
I think it promotes wayward driving to get up the boards.
I suppose if it's in the game..... Well.

Sorry for going off topic.

Thanks alot fellas.

Personally I wish the in game penalty system was a bit more severe.
I think it promotes wayward driving to get up the boards.
I suppose if it's in the game..... Well.

Sorry for going off topic.

Wanting to make sure you submit clean laps is always on topic. 👍

This looks like the ideal combo for me to get back into the WRS proper, thanks Kevin :D

Just spent an hour or so at this myself, and came up with these -

1:05.585
2:02.013

Just did 10laps, there is hardly any feedback in the pad and when I do get it its on the straights. And having difficulties finding the correct breakpoint, not mine cup of thea I guess. Will do some more laps tomorrow.

T1: 1'06.037
T2: 2'02.583

Hope people won't forget to put S1 on the rear :D.

I'm gonna take a swing at this right now since FF cars are so much nicer in Prologue than in GT4. Those S1's on the rear will make it even better :D

(EDIT) Doh, I don't own the car yet. Guess a few laps in the Mine's will fix that.

Ran a quick check and hit like 2'08... :scared:
Looks like I'll be starting gt5p slowly. A year or so away from GT and it feels like I'm re-learning everything. FF physics have improved well, very impressed with the feel of FF (though I prefer my ITR to this MKV). :dopey:
Cool race and if I get time to learn Suzuka again I'll be sure to submit a time (assuming my qualifier is in by the deadline). :lol:
Btw, had to buy the golf just for this race, it's a trip to be so far behind with this, I'm definitely going to enjoy doing GT all over again (and with just the right timing to play-out gt5p into the full gt5). :bowdown:

Oh!!!
Is there a way to kill the music during the drive? Can't find it. :(

Last edited:
Yes you can kill the music Kent. Go to menu options, to the right of controllers etc I believe, there is a sound icon 👍

Couldn't resist a quick five lap blast as this weeks challenge is a gem ;)

T1: 1'05.653
T2: 2'01.790

I'm really going to have to make more time for this one.

Some improvement this morning

T1- 1.05.567
T2- 2.01.676

Off to work :grumpy:

Not top form today so quick 3 lap stint.

T1: 1'05.747
T2: 2'01.967

Phillip.

First splits for me:

1'05.174
2'01.179

Lots of fun to be had this week.

Last edited:
Just done a nice 10 lap stint and am liking the combo.
Here are my splits.
t1: 1,07.559
t2. 2,05.184
Not to bad for my first real atempt at the wrs with my dfgt.

Hang on just looked at the other times and mine are crap. Ow well back to the bottom then. :(

Oh I think I will like this!!! I'm gonna have a go in the morning after work. Hopefully I'm not too tired to make a good first effort. Altough I usually set a fast lap in one of my early sessions and then I can never catch up for the rest of the week.

Just done a nice 10 lap stint and am liking the combo.
Here are my splits.
t1:
t2.
Not to bad for my first real atempt at the wrs with my dfgt.

Hang on just looked at the other times and mine are crap. Ow well back to the bottom then. :(

There good times with your new dfgt, keep at it and may the force of Suzuka be with you young luke.

Phillip.

Oh!!!

Most annoying feature of GT:P. The music I can live with, actually, most of it is excellent. Repeating the same track over and over again in the same session though 👎

Oh and next time be sure to finish your post with: Dattebayo! :lol:

Ran a quick check and hit like 2'08... :scared:
Looks like I'll be starting gt5p slowly. A year or so away from GT and it feels like I'm re-learning everything. FF physics have improved well, very impressed with the feel of FF (though I prefer my ITR to this MKV). :dopey:
Cool race and if I get time to learn Suzuka again I'll be sure to submit a time (assuming my qualifier is in by the deadline). :lol:
Btw, had to buy the golf just for this race, it's a trip to be so far behind with this, I'm definitely going to enjoy doing GT all over again (and with just the right timing to play-out gt5p into the full gt5). :bowdown:

Oh!!!

Most annoying feature of GT:P. The music I can live with, actually, most of it is excellent. Repeating the same track over and over again in the same session though 👎

Oh and next time be sure to finish your post with: Dattebayo! :lol:

Go to options next to Replay and Manual, then enter Hardware (Controllers) go right to Audio Settings you can now see a list of, music, sound effects, race music and so on for you to set just how you like it.

Have fun

Phillip.

Edit maybe this should be moved to another part of the forum as its not wrs related.

First quick blast yielded these splits, plenty more to find though

T1 - 1'05.947
T2 - 2'02.156

My first go at a WRS race!

T1 - 1'06.422
T2 - 2'02.677

Looks like I need lots more practice... Any tips??

EDIT: Major improvement but still yet to put my best lap together

T1 - 1'05.750
T2 - 2'02.260

Last edited:
:lol:
Thanks for the info on killing the music.
Likewise, I'm official now. :)
Despite having the GTP_Kent tag since July 1, 2005 (http://www.racingflix.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3932&KW=GTP_Kent) :lol:
I love that we are all doing that now. Can't wait till my skills are on par for clean online racing.

Any way, when I get home tonight I'll put in some laps but until then y'all have a good one.

Oh, and last thing...
For those of you who don't know me because of my absence...
My name is Kent, I've been with the GTP a while.
I used to be the WRS admin for something over a year (back in the gt3-gt4 days). My most common interest on the GTP are racing, anime, my new Impreza (real life), and at this point in time learning GT5p.
I hope to have a good time with everyone so take my humor slowly, it's like a frozen drink, take it too quickly and you'll get a head ache but in small doses it can be enjoyable. :)
My wrs history as admin

The guys running the show now are top notch and I'm really looking forward to running the WRS with them doing all the work. :bowdown:

Back