GTP_WRS Week 95 : Ménage à trois

• Thread starter EDK
  • 138 comments
Hey guys, its been awhile since my last WRS. The arm has healed fully 👍 & I have moved onto afternoon shift at work, which is now starting to pick up pace :)

Anyway, 1st off, I HATE Eiger with a passion :lol:, but here are my splits using .......

Very unhappy to be down half a second so fast. First left is a crapshoot

Just had an absolute cracker of a lap!!! My heart rate must have been sky high, because I could feel it pumping in my chest and neck like crazy :lol: and having a very close one going into the tunnel through T1 and seeing the split time, put a lot of pressure on me to keep the lap going but I pulled it off only losing a little time just after T2. (you know where I mean lol). Anyway, my new splits are:

T1: 10.990

T2: 31.476

Last edited:
Great splits Steven, I feel a 10.XXX coming but thats way to good for me, I give up :bowdown:

Phillip. 👍

Just had an absolute cracker of a lap!!! My heart rate must have been sky high, because I could feel it pumping in my chest and neck like crazy :lol: and having a very close one going into the tunnel through T1 and seeing the split time, put a lot of pressure on me to keep the lap going but I pulled it off only losing a little time just after T2. (you know where I mean lol). Anyway, my new splits are:

T1: 10.990

T2: 31.476

Good job man. My fatest T1 is a 333 your just crushing me. I know that feeling with the heart great job to pull the lap off 👍

Lost a little in T1 but found it again in T2

T1 0'11.092
T2 0'31.488

But the killer Turn 9 got me side ways :scared: pushing to hard for the up hill.

Phillip. (not given up just yet Steven)

Great splits Steven, I feel a 10.XXX coming but thats way to good for me, I give up :bowdown:

Phillip. 👍
:lol: I started to wonder wether a 10.xxx T1 was possible. I think T1 is so important to get you fired up for a good lap. I found myself re-starting a run with anything over a 10.1xx T1. In saying that, my 10.990 T1 is the only one in over 50 laps at this track.

Tried the three cars, now just got to get to work!! lol

First Splits.

T1: 11.148
T2: 31.930

New splits.

T1: 11.260
T2: 31.849

Not much difference in splits, but over 4 tenths gained at the Flag!! 👍
Just need an 11.0 first split to go with the rest, :)

Last edited:
It has been a rough couple of months but after a short break I will try to do this one looks like alot of fun.

I slowed down a bit in T1 but my T2 improved pretty good.

New splits:

T1: 11.260
T2: 31.831
How is anyone in D4 supposed to compete with that?!
Its D1/2 territory :scared: I think someones trying to get promoted :P

This has been a great week so far. Fun combo! :D
Its getting a little annoying though trying to improve,
I end up about 0.2xx faster at T2 but at the end of the lap I'm 0.3xx down :(
I must've nailed the last part perfectly now I cant recreate it, I think it was a fluke :P

T1: 11.445
T2: 32.216

Last edited:
How is anyone in D4 supposed to compete with that?!
Its D1/2 territory :scared: I think someones trying to get promoted :P

This has been a great week so far. Fun combo! :D
Its getting a little annoying though trying to improve,
I end up about 0.2xx faster at T2 but at the end of the lap I'm 0.3xx down :(
I must've nailed the last part perfectly now I cant recreate it, I think it was a fluke :P

T1: 11.445
T2: 32.216

Thanks for the compliment. I know some people HATE this track but its actually my favorite. I wouldn't mind a promotion - if deserved. Im still learning too. I just don't play any other games anymore. I need as much practice as possible before the real thing comes out! I try to learn from advice given by others. Brake Early! It definitly pays off. That being said, here are my new splits:

T1: 11.225
T2: 31.754

Picked up a little in the splits tonight, a little more at the line. But still some left in the tank, I know where I'm losing time. ;)

Ran about 5 quick laps in each car witch gave me these splits:

T1: 11.298
T2: 32.098

Having tried it for days now, i just ran about 50 quick laps this evening in one car... And i couldn't even get close to those numbers!!! :crazy: :scared:

Hey guys, its been awhile since my last WRS. The arm has healed fully 👍 & I have moved onto afternoon shift at work, which is now starting to pick up pace :)

Anyway, 1st off, I HATE Eiger with a passion :lol:, but here are my splits using .......

I feel that i have to drive 200 laps before i can get down to your numbers :ouch: :dunce: and you said you hate this track?

EDK
My first splits -

My 100th splits wouldn't be like yours :yuck:

You all are very fast drivers!! 👍 👍 i am really trying my best but seems like i am still way behind any of you :nervous: :indiff:

Got a few more days... thankfully i love this short track...

Good job everyone!

Thanks for the compliment. I know some people HATE this track but its actually my favorite. I wouldn't mind a promotion - if deserved. Im still learning too. I just don't play any other games anymore. I need as much practice as possible before the real thing comes out! I try to learn from advice given by others. Brake Early! It definitly pays off. That being said, here are my new splits:

T1: 11.225
T2: 31.754

Hi,

Looks like we are in the same division. Is this your 1st WRS? I am popping my cherry on this one!

It looks like I am about 1/2 second off you in the splits, can't remember exactly what they are as I am at work so will post them later.

I feel like I am losing too much time in the corner after the tunnel which is effecting my T2 split, also in the hairpin complex before the climb up the hill.

The first and second left handers are what make or break the entire lap.

New Splits
T1: 11.295
T2: 32.015

Bah... .001 slower in T1 compared to my previous attempt.

Hi,

Looks like we are in the same division. Is this your 1st WRS? I am popping my cherry on this one!

It looks like I am about 1/2 second off you in the splits, can't remember exactly what they are as I am at work so will post them later.

I feel like I am losing too much time in the corner after the tunnel which is effecting my T2 split, also in the hairpin complex before the climb up the hill.

Welcome. Glad to have more Div. 4 guys participating. (Wondering where ACCESSRAIDER and SEMS are this week?) If you click on the drivers names on the Leaderboard screen you will see what races each person has participated in. I've done a few races now. That corner to me sets the entire lap. I've learned to brake early and turn a little while braking setting you up to get on the gas earlier and heading in the direction you want to go.

Welcome. Glad to have more Div. 4 guys participating. (Wondering where ACCESSRAIDER and SEMS are this week?) If you click on the drivers names on the Leaderboard screen you will see what races each person has participated in. I've done a few races now. That corner to me sets the entire lap. I've learned to brake early and turn a little while braking setting you up to get on the gas earlier and heading in the direction you want to go.

I know what you mean, I have been experimenting with a few different lines to try and max my exit speed for the run up to the bridge and the hairpin complex.

As for the hairpin complex, I feel like I am scrubbing to much speed and losing traction alot there through trying to be too quick.

This old racer stretched his bones to participating in this week's WRS combo. Last week's was great: I experienced how good it is to drive a TVR properly for perhaps my first time :) Also, I am planning to be part of most WRS combos in the final weeks of Prologue.

Quickly found out which car suits me best, but I must say - not giving away anything there - that the roar of the Acura is the best of all three to me.

PS what is that wasntme guy doing in Div4? :D I think either he didn't put any effort at all in his qualifier, or he accidentally choose STD mode for these splits ... hope not tho 👍

PS what is that wasntme guy doing in Div4? :D I think either he didn't put any effort at all in his qualifier, or he accidentally choose STD mode for these splits ... hope not tho 👍

He's been steadily improving, but times have still been in D4 range. Remember that the T2 split here at Eiger Reverse is about as useful as the T2 at either Fuji track. The most technical section, where all the time is gained and lost, AND more than half the total laptime in the case of Eiger rvs, occur after the T2 split.

EDK
He's been steadily improving, but times have still been in D4 range. Remember that the T2 split here at Eiger Reverse is about as useful as the T2 at either Fuji track. The most technical section, where all the time is gained and lost, AND more than half the total laptime in the case of Eiger rvs, occur after the T2 split.

That's exactly what I hope to do, improve steadily.

That final sector is where I am clueless. Really don't know if I am on the pace or not but as per my previous post I fear I am losing a ton of time.

Alright first 5 laps splits

Hadn't tried all the cars yet but Kevin is spot on no matter what your splits on the board are it T3 where it all counts.

Liking this combo, tried out two cars again today, one of which I got hold of, but still not sure it can beat my preffered car, new splits:

Having a bit of a mare on this one! im reasonably happy in t1 and t2, but i cant get a consistent t3.

Last edited:
Back