GTP_WRS Week 95 : Ménage à trois

• Thread starter EDK
  • 138 comments
Alright first 5 laps splits

Hadn't tried all the cars yet but Kevin is spot on no matter what your splits on the board are it T3 where it all counts.

Thanks for showing up SEMS. Now you can take some heat off me. You got those times in 5 laps. Good lord. It took my about 60. I know I'm not the top Div. 4 guy out there. And I'm hearing Accessraider is looking to throw some laps down on Friday.

P.S No I am not using standard physics. (had to double check) EDK is 100% correct. Two weeks ago I was high on the leaderboard (for my division) and dropped seven spots when the final times were posted. Its the same thing that will happen this week I'm sure...although i hope not though.

I just got slightly bored today & tried all the cars out a little bit now i've got a taste for the lines & where to push etc.
I've done most of the running in one car that was instantly fastest but after today I've found I could use a different one.
More time on eiger for me this weekend :D

I found that (for me) the gears in the acura sucked, well atleast for eiger.
2nd is just way too long which makes the hairpin section a nightmare. Anyone else having this problem?

The Jag actually felt really nice & I improved my previous best time by like 2 seconds. Its really heavy though. I actually got really good T1/T2 times in the Jag.
Its actually pretty easy to drive on eiger & nice to push the rear out a little for some fun. Shame its so heavy :(

The Integra is just ridiculously fun to thrash around.
I think I ended up doing about 25 laps in a row.
Integra+Eiger+G25 = FUN! :D

Off topic
I have a thing for lightweight cars that I can just throw about.
I hate overpowered cars :yuck:
I'd rather have an AE86 over a ferrari anyday, its just more fun!

Thanks for showing up SEMS. Now you can take some heat off me. You got those times in 5 laps. Good lord. It took my about 60. I know I'm not the top Div. 4 guy out there. And I'm hearing Accessraider is looking to throw some laps down on Friday.

P.S No I am not using standard physics. (had to double check) EDK is 100% correct. Two weeks ago I was high on the leaderboard (for my division) and dropped seven spots when the final times were posted. Its the same thing that will happen this week I'm sure...although i hope not though.

I am hoping to finally have some time to get aquainted with all the cars. Spent a few laps with one car at lunch, rendered these splits. I actually had splits 1/4 second faster but my t3's were rubbish. These splits are from my fastest clean & green lap.

Last edited:
Couple of questions guys;

1. when I have new split times is it good etiquete to edit your post containg your original splits or can you just make a new post?

2. does anyone know why my division is not showing up in the WRS leaderboard?

Thanks

Couple of questions guys;

1. when I have new split times is it good etiquete to edit your post containg your original splits or can you just make a new post?

Thanks

1. You can make a new post or edit them, most people just make a new post.
2. It might be because you are new to WRS, it did the same to me in my first few days. It'll be there.

1. You can make a new post or edit them, most people just make a new post.
2. It might be because you are new to WRS, it did the same to me in my first few days. It'll be there.

Thanks for that.

New splits:

T1: 11.379
T2: 32.376

I just got slightly bored today & tried all the cars out a little bit now i've got a taste for the lines & where to push etc.
I've done most of the running in one car that was instantly fastest but after today I've found I could use a different one.
More time on eiger for me this weekend :D

I found that (for me) the gears in the acura sucked, well atleast for eiger.
2nd is just way too long which makes the hairpin section a nightmare. Anyone else having this problem?

The Jag actually felt really nice & I improved my previous best time by like 2 seconds. Its really heavy though. I actually got really good T1/T2 times in the Jag.
Its actually pretty easy to drive on eiger & nice to push the rear out a little for some fun. Shame its so heavy :(

The Integra is just ridiculously fun to thrash around.
I think I ended up doing about 25 laps in a row.
Integra+Eiger+G25 = FUN! :D

Off topic
I have a thing for lightweight cars that I can just throw about.
I hate overpowered cars :yuck:
I'd rather have an AE86 over a ferrari anyday, its just more fun!

If I'm doing runs in the Acura I tend to use 1st for the hairpins, as 1st is quite long too. The gears don't quite match in T3 imo, but it makes up for it in other areas.

I like weeks like this, as you genuinely have no idea what people are in, which makes the wait good fun and you push yourself more than you might do, due to how technical T3 is.

All 3 cars have different pros and cons so it will be interesting to see how that matches up with driver skills/techniques.

I am hoping to finally have some time to get aquainted with all the cars. Spent a few laps with one car at lunch, rendered these splits. I actually had splits 1/4 second faster but my t3's were rubbish. These splits are from my fastest clean & green lap.

Nice to be racing again with you guys.I love your competition always a blast good luck to both of you.Oh and wasntme don't worry my T3 is rubbish and still not quiet sure what car to use.

I am absolutely loving this combo. Even though I am struggling with T3.

Great to be racing with you guys. Why didn't I find this community earlier???

What an awesome idea, I hope when GT5 comes out we have some of these mysterious races :D.

T1: 11.536
T2: 32.430

I actually like driving all three of these cars as it turns out, and I don't find the difference between them is all that much... or is it?!?

I am absolutely loving this combo. Even though I am struggling with T3.

Great to be racing with you guys. Why didn't I find this community earlier???

Welcome scaramanga :)

Thats exactly what I said to myself when I found this site lol, I was thinking "all these years I've played GT and I never seen this place" :embarrassed:

Had a go today but I think I had 3 wheels in the dirt at the last corner on my quickest lap, will have another go tommorow and get some splits up 👍

I'm pretty sure it's not against the rules posting new posts for times, but I think it's a good idea to keep your splits in one post, as it keeps the thread a bit more tidy. I keep mine in one thread anyway.

Splits from my best lap so far:

Greats splits Steven and Phillip! 👍

Welcome scaramanga :)

Thats exactly what I said to myself when I found this site lol, I was thinking "all these years I've played GT and I never seen this place" :embarrassed:

Had a go today but I think I had 3 wheels in the dirt at the last corner on my quickest lap, will have another go tommorow and get some splits up 👍

Thanks Enigma, it's good to be here.

I know what you mean about that last corner. I have had to scrap numerous fast laps (read: fast for me) because I have been a bit early on the gas out of the penultimate corner at the top of the hill.

Hey there all. I just got accepted to participate at the WRS in Division 3, Silver. Shame I didnt notice the WRS earlier. I just checked GTPlanet for news around GT5 for about 6 months now. As GT5 is coming out soon and i liked to train with a wheel before its release, I got motivated to buy a G 27.

I got mine on Saturday and just started playing with it on Wednesday, when my DIY wheelstand/raceseat was ready to go. I actually can not afford my Sixasis times yet, but I am improving.

Here are my first splits (after around 30 rounds with each car)

T1: 0"11.513
T2: 0"32.563

Feels like i never get the maximum out of the 2nd corner just before the tunnel. Could afford a deep 11.xxx I think. And, as mentioned before, I am not really sure where I am in the last sector. Lot of shifting and not sure, wheter its better to use first or second gear sometimes.

Let the games begin :)

(btw, sry for my bad english, I am from germany)

Everyone is so quick this week! :scared: Kudos to sems and wasntme for putting up brilliant splits so far:tup:.

Here are my pedestrian splits. I haven't 'nailed' the first turn yet, but cannot see how I could get a sub 31.5.

T1: 11.185
T2: 31.695

Unfortunately I lost about a tenth in T3 on the back straight because of the flickering-brake problem :ouch:

Slightly slower splits but a huge improvment on the overall lap thanks to a change in car.I hope we have more of this type of combo great fun.There are about 7-8 combos left in prolouge .What a blast this game was.

Feels like i never get the maximum out of the 2nd corner just before the tunnel. Could afford a deep 11.xxx I think. And, as mentioned before, I am not really sure where I am in the last sector. Lot of shifting and not sure, wheter its better to use first or second gear sometimes.

Welcome to WRS. 👍

That second corner, just make sure you take a nice, wide apex in the right before it, so you are all the way over to the right. It's a "blind" corner, but as soon as you can see the window for it, begin braking (Sooner than you think, and it will partly depend on the car). Don't be afraid to take a little dirt on the apex, and then smooth back into the throttle. You'll be faster than with a massive slide down through it. :dopey:

As far as first gear, the Acura is the only car I would use it in. That car has a very tall final drive, so first is almost like second in other cars.

Unfortunately I lost about a tenth in T3 on the back straight because of the flickering-brake problem :ouch:

flickering-brake problem Jack, G25 gets that too :grumpy:

No tolerance in the pedals I found with DFGT I’ve had to take the pedal box apart twice, clean and re-grease.

GT1 or GT2 I found the best with the ability to set free play in the steering wheel and pedals.

Yep some crazy splits this week, your splits look on the money jack, that up hill at Eiger is a killer, I’m absolutely crap going up the hill to the line.

Phillip.

Slightly slower splits but a huge improvment on the overall lap thanks to a change in car.I hope we have more of this type of combo great fun.There are about 7-8 combos left in prolouge .What a blast this game was.

I can't beleive it. Even with GT5 showing up in 66 - 67 days (depending where you live), I am actually gonna miss prolugue. I've spent who knows how much $$$ on various PS3 games. Most of them 60 bucks. Prologue was only $40 & then later I bought the PAL version for around $15. So I have spent less on 2 copies of GTP than I spent on say 1 copy of FIFA (2nd favorite game). But there really is no comparison between the entertainment value (hours spent having a blast) between GTP & all those other games for myself. I have pre ordered GT5 and I'm sure that will render the copies of GTP usless but certainly wont forget Prologue anytime soon.

One other note: If you dont have a wheel or a racing cockpit of some sort. Do your best to get one. When GTP_Wasntme spotted 2 playseats for sale with the wheels at a local pawn shop we picked em up asap. That renewed my love for racing games & even though you may not be faster at first with a wheel, its a hell of alot more fun.

Jeremie - Out! :cheers:

I can't beleive it. Even with GT5 showing up in 66 - 67 days (depending where you live), I am actually gonna miss prolugue. I've spent who knows how much $$$ on various PS3 games. Most of them 60 bucks. Prologue was only $40 & then later I bought the PAL version for around $15. So I have spent less on 2 copies of GTP than I spent on say 1 copy of FIFA (2nd favorite game). But there really is no comparison between the entertainment value (hours spent having a blast) between GTP & all those other games for myself. I have pre ordered GT5 and I'm sure that will render the copies of GTP usless but certainly wont forget Prologue anytime soon.

One other note: If you dont have a wheel or a racing cockpit of some sort. Do your best to get one. When GTP_Wasntme spotted 2 playseats for sale with the wheels at a local pawn shop we picked em up asap. That renewed my love for racing games & even though you may not be faster at first with a wheel, its a hell of alot more fun.

Jeremie - Out! :cheers:

So true this "glorified demo"as they call it has made us some fantastic friends ,battles and moments .I will ask one of the memmbers to make a tribute to this game really deserves one.Can't imagine how much fun GT5 is gonna be with you guys.:drool:

EDK
That second corner, just make sure you take a nice, wide apex in the right before it, so you are all the way over to the right. It's a "blind" corner, but as soon as you can see the window for it, begin braking (Sooner than you think, and it will partly depend on the car). Don't be afraid to take a little dirt on the apex, and then smooth back into the throttle. You'll be faster than with a massive slide down through it. :dopey:

As far as first gear, the Acura is the only car I would use it in. That car has a very tall final drive, so first is almost like second in other cars.

Thanks for the tips, I will have a try again tomorrow

New splits, on a short break from work and can't be bothered to go find my first thread!

T1: er... wait a minute, both of my splits are worse than originals yet I've shaved 4/10ths off my lap. I'll have to put that second half with a first half at least as good as my originals, which shall stay put for the moment! Blast, when's my next break?!

Great fun this week though.

EDIT: Another session, a big .7 off my lap time, but I still can't beat my sub-par splits!

Last edited:
I am counting 27 of us are currently on the race... we are going to be in the 30ish by the end!

Great week in participation! 👍

I'll post my time tonight... but :( I feel that i belong more in the D4 category (certainly NOT WasntMe D4 category) :lol:

I'll post my time tonight... but :( I feel that i belong more in the D4 category (certainly NOT WasntMe D4 category) :lol:

Lol, us both. But there's going to be a new qualifier to run when GT5 comes out at which point we will all be reassigned to fitting divisions again. So for now just enjoy your status like I am mine!

Lap of honour :)

(Please don't demote me for it :lol:)

T1: 11.215
T2: 31.862

D.

Lap of honour :)

(Please don't demote me for it :lol:)

T1: 11.215
T2: 31.862

D.

:cheers: for your promotion!

Double :cheers::cheers: for being a new father & bringing a new little racer into the world :)

And your lap of "honour" may be faster than my best lap of hours this week :sly:

2nd run

Last edited:
Back