GTP_WRS Week 98 : Carroll's Corkscrew

• Thread starter EDK
  • 132 comments
Have you tried turning off the digital buttons for right and left? I've done that more than once and it usually works well. Try it from the options tab in GT. Just set the right and left buttons to N/A and you should be up and running again...

Cheers, tried it but it had no effect, then I had a brainwave and decided to try the directional buttons :dunce:

Wowzer, managed to improve slightly after about an hour

Is the big blue and white rumble before turn 1 track too?

The way I read the OP it is.
Kevin probably will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall the blue-and-white separation between the track and pit lane being an actual rumble strip. That's why there's cones in the middle of it.

Edit - pinging @EDK to the question.

Last edited:
Second Session, gained about .5xx at line. Addicting Combo! Beautiful Car! Probably won't get much time later this week to improve these splits so these are probably final for me to submit. Thanks @EDK and the WRS stewards for another Fun TT Combo! 👍

- Submitted and Accepted :D

Last edited:
Second Session, gained about .5xx at line. Addicting Combo! Beautiful Car! Probably won't get much time later this week to improve these splits so these are probably final for me to submit. Thanks @EDK and the WRS stewards for another Fun TT Combo! 👍

- Submitted and Accepted :D

@Ph1sher great splits, its inspiring to see someone from D2 mix it up with the D1 folks and find a spot on the overall podium. :bowdown:

Kevin probably will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall the blue-and-white separation between the track and pit lane being an actual rumble strip. That's why there's cones in the middle of it.

Edit - pinging @EDK to the question.
It's a normal rumble, just don't hit any cones.

And @Nail-27 - the 15th Anniversary car isn't allowed. :P

full

One of these days I might actually put all my best sectors in one lap...
Said everyone reading this. :cheers:

Still can't manage a quicker lap with a PB sector in it...and am still 3 tenths off my theoretical best sector 3 time. Spent most of the session trying to catch a ghost half a tenth off my best (started the session without a ghost and just built from there as it seems a better way for me to do it) before finally managing to beat it, and go over 2 tenths quicker, on my final run of the day:

S1: 21.377
S2: 41.444
S3: 58.644

@Ph1sher great splits, its inspiring to see someone from D2 mix it up with the D1 folks and find a spot on the overall podium. :bowdown:

Thanks RuddRacer! Means a lot! :cheers:

@Ph1sher I have to agree with what @RuddRacer has said there...looking at the drivers you are currently ahead of, those splits are phenomenal 👍

Thank You Nursemorph! Appericate the kind words! 👍 Honestly everyone here has great splits based on their ability.

I've had some personal experience with The Phish and was surprised and disappointed to find him slotted in D2. I suspect he won't stay there long.

I've had some personal experience with The Phish and was surprised and disappointed to find him slotted in D2. I suspect he won't stay there long.
Good Times! Always a blast racing with you DragonWhisky! 👍

Question for @EDK and the rest of the stewards or anyone who can answer this question,

- So When you enter turn 1, I notice a couple of times that even if you keep 2 wheels on track (Inside the white line on track) entering corner 1 that you could tap on a Brake marker when still having 2 wheels on track. Im wondering if you tap over the brake marker (I kept hitting the 2nd brake marker a couple of times) if thats still a legal lap then? I couldnt really answer this question for myself based on the O.P but i would think its legal considering at least 2 tires are still considered on track but i just want to make sure first.

Thank You 👍

Good Times! Always a blast racing with you DragonWhisky! 👍

Question for @EDK and the rest of the stewards or anyone who can answer this question,

- So When you enter turn 1, I notice a couple of times that even if you keep 2 wheels on track (Inside the white line on track) entering corner 1 that you could tap on a Brake marker when still having 2 wheels on track. Im wondering if you tap over the brake marker (I kept hitting the 2nd brake marker a couple of times) if thats still a legal lap then? I couldnt really answer this question for myself based on the O.P but i would think its legal considering at least 2 tires are still considered on track but i just want to make sure first.

Thank You 👍
Just like the cones, you can't hit any trackside objects. I was dq'd for not noticing that I hit one of those turn 1 markers in GT5. ;)

Just like the cones, you can't hit any trackside objects. I was dq'd for not noticing that I hit one of those turn 1 markers in GT5. ;)
:ouch: Now im scared if i did hit one with my submitted time! gotta check sometime soon on that

If I remember correctly I hit the second brake marker on the lap before on a slower lap so I'm hoping the brake marker was gone on my lap :P

Last edited:
:ouch: Now im scared if i did hit one with my submitted time! gotta check sometime soon on that

If I remember correctly I hit the second brake marker on the lap before on a slower lap so I'm hoping the brake marker was gone on my lap :P
I think you'll find that when viewing the replay it will have stood the markers back up, which then might show you knocking it over. Best to just reset if you hit one.

I think you'll find that when viewing the replay it will have stood the markers back up, which then might show you knocking it over. Best to just reset if you hit one.
:ouch: Alright Thanks Lucas! 👍

I won't be able to hop on GT6 until Sunday night so what I have submitted is what I'll roll with. If I get dqed for hitting the brake marker that's totally okay I respect that rule 👍 hopefully I didn't hit it in my lap (don't remember)

Last edited:
I spent a lot of my drive time on this one fiddling with my pedals to make myself comfortable with them. I bought a Fanatec Clubsport before I moved, and have not run much with it.

As a result, I am now happy with my pedals, not my lap, and am but out of time. :ouch:

So I will not be submitting for this TT, but plan to run in next week's online race. :)

Heading out tonight to fly and meet the car and ride down with it. Wish me luck. 👍

Once again, not one best sector in this lap and I'm also again .5 off my theoretical best.

Tried BB 3/7 for a few laps and didn't like it so dropped it back to 4/6 and ran the splits here. 224 miles on this combo so far. Not sure there's much more. That magic lap is hiding hard core.

@EDK nice combo,the car sounds great. This is a track that I've never been good at but always wanted to be. So this week has been very frustrating,small gains each session and hard to come by. But I won't give up on it.
After 684 km's

BB 3/5

Oh man...I have never felt so deflated and dejected after a session where I managed to improve my overall time by one and a half tenths!! I continued after improving my time without much success....but, suddenly, I was on a lap where I was ahead after sector 1, further after sector 2 and miles ahead after sector 3....only to bin it in the sand the next corner :banghead: Going to the replay showed that I had set a PB sector 1, a PB sector 2 and matched my PB sector 3 to set a split of .293 (3 tenths quicker than I have managed previously and 4 tenths ahead of my ghost!) :ill: Haven't been able to come close to that again unfortunately...I can honestly say that was the best 3/4 of a lap I have run to date ever in a GT game! Now I'm off to have myself a cry :lol:

S1: 21.463
S2: 41.496
S3: 58.646

Latest Posts

Back