GTP_WRS Week 98 : Carroll's Corkscrew

• Thread starter EDK
  • 132 comments
Had another go.. drove less agressively.. seemed to help alot.. still getting oversteer out of slow corners.. probably due to powering up too soon.. However begining to enjoy it a bit more now I'm getting used to how the car behaves..

Yeah, while this car is very stable, it is one that requires finesse and smoothness otherwise it can get a bit squirelly...once you get used to it, you should rarely get oversteer unless you are too eager on the throttle or you go over the wrong kerb...some kerbs it is fine with but others it really doesn't like. Nice improvement there...you have firmly put me in my place :lol: Looks like you will be beating me by a country mile this week as there isn't much more time that I can find

I'm out for a while, ds3 controller turns right randomly
My 7 year old seems to have a negative effect on them.

Good luck and keep chargin' guys

A lot less understeer compared to the last time trial we had here. (Week 61 Ram 1500 quad cab on CH tires) :lol:

The Shelby sure does have a love / hate relationship with the curbing. :confused:

Initial splits, stupid fun... 👍

What is the purpose of these particular suspension changes? Also, how will it be enforced that only these changes are made and nothing else touched?

@nursemorph.. You will love this.. I was having a 'senior moment' yesterday.. what an idiot I am.. :banghead:.. I suddenly remembered what you said about using 1st gear.. and realised I stayed in 2nd.. Damn.. had 5 speed box on at defult.. not stock 4 speed..

One good thing.. the overtsteer.. has all but dissapeared.. :lol:.. splits are slower.. but only .200 down at the line.. not sure if 'Fetchy'.. will pick up these slower splits... without the previous ones being deleted.. @EDK .. ?? Now your beating me by a country mile..Dave.. :P

Correct gearbox splits..

0'21.666
0'41.700
0'59.266

You may have noticed I have a little devil in me now.. ;)

@Andy 0 Hilarious mate...sorry, I know I shouldn't laugh at the misfortune of others but I can't help it :guilty:

That would certainly explain all the oversteer then and why we had such majorly different experiences of the car! True, I am beating you now but I am sure it won't stay that way for very long...and, yes, Fetchy has picked up the splits...he will always export the latest splits posted to the leaderboard even if they are slower

I was having trouble even coming close to my previous best time, so I figured I would turn the map off and see if that helps. Seems like it was a part of the problem as I set a new PB on my first hot lap without it.:lol:

1'00.712

My goal is to get the last split time under a minute, but it will have to wait for a different day.

Good night everyone.:cheers:

First Session, Such a Fun Combo! I still found a lot of time that needs to be made up! Can see 57s easily in sector 3. Will have another go tonight at it!

Yummy car. Not one of my best sectors here and every bit of a half second off theoretical best, after 20 laps. Think I'll be doing some more of this one.

I'm out for a while, ds3 controller turns right randomly
My 7 year old seems to have a negative effect on them.

Good luck and keep chargin' guys

Have you tried turning off the digital buttons for right and left? I've done that more than once and it usually works well. Try it from the options tab in GT. Just set the right and left buttons to N/A and you should be up and running again...

3 tenths improvement eventually after being nowhere for the first hour...my lap time in number 1 on my leaderboard yesterday is now 8th instead! Have seen a .3 sector 2 split thanks to a PB sector 2 which is now my second quickest lap as, on my final lap, despite being over 3 tenths down at the sector 2 split, I managed to pull it back and more to go over a tenth qiucker overall courtesy of a new PB sector 3 and a near PB final sector:

S1: 21.566
S2: 41.716
S3: 58.866

Sorry @Andy 0 :P

Back