GTPDC Judging Rules( Judges wanted/Training Avaliable)

• Thread starter nk4e
  • 155 comments
It seems like rise of competition is coming and does anyone have a nomination for judges for the GTPDC's?
Head Judge:
Judge:
Judge:
Judge:

I can understand wanting to have a set few judges, problem is that only having enough judges for one battle at any given time is the logistical nightmare in getting everyone on at the same time for battles also what are we gonna do for judging replay cams or camping out turns?

Well, if we schedule a date and time seems reasonable with. Though in the past we did replays like posted above. If GT5 have a spectator mode then that should work. Also, if we have a chaser came or follow came would work too. For a nomination for head judge, I nominate TwinturboCH because of his past experiences and helping out with the community as much as he can.

Well, if we schedule a date and time seems reasonable with. Though in the past we did replays like posted above. If GT5 have a spectator mode then that should work. Also, if we have a chaser came or follow came would work too. For a nomination for head judge, I nominate TwinturboCH because of his past experiences and helping out with the community as much as he can.

I know in theory it sounds great but, from my experiences with both Foza and LFS you never know when people are actually available and not just saying yes and meaning maybe, you're better off just saying if you drift please learn the rules and help judge, if you're not involved in the battle. That's how it works on LFS and Forza, and has worked well for years, the reason IRL it works with 4-5 judges is because they're physically there and they are being paid to do it. So there's the incentive.

I know in theory it sounds great but, from my experiences with both Foza and LFS you never know when people are actually available and not just saying yes and meaning maybe, you're better off just saying if you drift please learn the rules and help judge, if you're not involved in the battle. That's how it works on LFS and Forza, and has worked well for years, the reason IRL it works with 4-5 judges is because they're physically there and they are being paid to do it. So there's the incentive.

I know that But having videos of the replays works better than servers because it gives the judges time to actually look at them when they are busy. We have done this for GT3 and GT4 GTPDC's. I did some small judging in Forza as well.If teams would like to go official so everyone can see,rather than word of mouth. These competitions take time, but sadly the last GTPDC's took too long..

Last edited:
I know that But having videos of the replays works better than servers because it gives the judges time to actually look at them when they are busy. We have done this for GT3 and GT4 GTPDC's. I did some small judging in Forza as well.If teams would like to go official so everyone can see,rather than word of mouth. These competitions take time, but sadly the last GTPDC's took too long..

You may well have, but shouldn't battling be done like RL with tandem battles, not from two seperate replays.

So really, it isn't a theory. We gave time for the judges to take the time to look at them at fixed cam replays. Battling is when give their all when the time came. Unfortunately, we didn't have legit online rooms like in GT5. I understand that the factors have change so the rules have to be modified. So far, we are sticking with Formula Drift Rules.

So really, it isn't a theory. We gave time for the judges to take the time to look at them at fixed cam replays. Battling is when give their all when the time came. Unfortunately, we didn't have legit online rooms like in GT5. I understand that the factors have change so the rules have to be modified. So far, we are sticking with Formula Drift Rules.

What so pretty much everything's allowed except carbon drivelines, and clipping point is everything, o and R spec compounds are allowed.

I doubt that, though it should be discussed either if it should or not. This is for GTP5 Drifting community. I put up our old judging system so it can be modified.Also, various GTPDC's did have themes like VIP, Power cap to 300hp or even stock drifting. Though not hitting the clipping point is everything There Angle, speed, and smoke. Just like in the rules.

I doubt that, though it should be discussed either if it should or not. This is for GTP5 Drifting community. I put up our old judging system so it can be modified.Also, various GTPDC's did have themes like VIP, Power cap to 300hp or even stock drifting. Though not hitting the clipping point is everything There Angle, speed, and smoke. Just like in the rules.

You have no sarcasm detector eh.

What I can't grasp at is why you have such low HP caps, even on forza we have at least 650hp cap, don't get me wrong I like running low hp as much as the rest of Smokin' Aces but, there are people who like running 600+ and I don't see why not.

If everyone's forced to run sport hards or even comfort softs and below, why it couldn't work as they'd shred their tyres in 1-2 runs whereas lower hp cars would still have a fair amount of tyre left after 4-5, the beauty of drifting is the diversity, and having low hp caps would force people to use the same few cars to be competitive, for crying out loud Nomuken's '07 Blitz kicks out 570hp and that's low power for an ER34, Power doesn't denote speed, that's skill and tune. Yeah power means it's easier to go fast and little cars such as AE86's and lower powered S-chassis's will have a harder time keeping pace, but that's the nature of running small or low power cars, it also makes it more of a challenge in a battle, not having everyone's speed pretty much the same, add's more excitement for everyone judging, watching or battling.

Last edited:
Though that would be up to the judges and decide what is actually universal for everyone. We ran Low Cap ( I even do it in Forza. I try to make D and B class drift setups) because it is fun with a bit of challenge. I can run with the S class guys and still have the same amount of smoke but better technique.

Though that would be up to the judges and decide what is actually universal for everyone. We ran Low Cap ( I even do it in Forza. I try to make D and B class drift setups) because it is fun with a bit of challenge. I can run with the S class guys and still have the same amount of smoke but better technique.

I'm guessing this is in public lobbies then.

Forza, yes. but Gt5 was single player and GTPDC challenges including Battles and Drift vs Grip .

Forza, yes. but Gt5 was single player and GTPDC challenges including Battles and Drift vs Grip .

That's why you could keep up mate, public lobbies on forza tend to be full of 5yr old shouty bastards who need to learn to drift, if you want to drift on forza get into private lobbies.

Look you've now got no excuse to not run proper tandem battles. Just move with the times, yes you used to do different due to internet problems that's no-longer an issue so why resist change?

I am asking for change for rules. I would go along any rules if I had the game because I know how it runs. I really don't qualify myself as a judge anymore because I stop it all and moved on to fighting games. If I was judge, I would probably ask if I could see the replays if I didn't make the battle time because of Time Zone differences. Though that this thread isn't that active.

I can understand saving a copy of a replay in case there are any disputes but, i'd rather have judges in a lobby, yes it's a bitch to manage but it does work, look at any other game with a drifting community.

The issue of tyres, which SMKA discussed before, I think if the style of the competition favored one type of tyre over the other, then let the people choose, dont force them to use comforts hards, but make it the most desirable choice for the style required, i.e make it tight and close. Instead of fast like the Sports prefer.

I can understand saving a copy of a replay in case there are any disputes but, i'd rather have judges in a lobby, yes it's a bitch to manage but it does work, look at any other game with a drifting community.

Language please.

NK4E, would you be able to put some kind of "judges wanted" section on your OP. I am in desperate need of some more judges for the H2H (waking up at 5am sucks) & need to get people who aren't biased and actually know what they are doing. If you know of anyone PM me

PS, i can be used as a judge in between tournaments, but not while it's going

and only between 4pm and 10pm (adelaide time) or 5.30am GMT to 11.30am GMT

Wow, no one wants to be a judge?
For sure, I have TTCH as a Head Judge now.

Last edited:
I wanna be a judge but I dunno how to do it lol.

Usually you go in the room or watch the replay and probably watch out for a couple of things. Speed,Angle, Line, and Overall. though its out of 100 I believe.

Unrelated but i just thought up a cool nickname for you NK4E.
"the stickiest man in the drifting forum" Due to all your threads being stickied ;)

OOOooohh and i have a related comment, chuck me down as a judge :)

Last edited:
Why the stickiest man in the drifting forum? what if I am a girl? lol..though sure.
Edit: List updated.

Last edited:
Well, sounds interesting so I think I may have a go at it.

Probably just start in our local team comps on friday night 👍

Last edited:
Stavingo, I may add you to the nominations because of interest..also, soon I will update the first post including GTPD1's Track usage.

Put me down for this, I have been more active on GT5 lately and looking for some action.

I've been on racing games drifting since GT1 at least and have done this sort of thing before, my team doesn't battle so every team is on equal grounds with us. I'm on at all random hours or someone else is usually on my PS3 so I can be notified rather quick.

Back