GTPDC Judging Rules( Judges wanted/Training Avaliable)

Discussion in 'Drifting Teams & Meets' started by nk4e, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Mysterious R

Mysterious R (Banned)

I think being 26 and having been a drifter since before the whole fad of tandem competitions and championships(I'm talking about real comps like D1GP/FD etc.) I understand more than most what makes for a perfect drift.

Aside from that yeah I know all the rules of tandem as i've been part of competitions and teams that compete in online drift battle comps both solo and tandem.

Added that I also used to do lots of the old drift comps that were held on here on GT4 along with the WRS's that were back then too which involved video submissions, being honest and having good sportsmanship was a major aspect then. I've been into drifting for longer than most people here have had a licence or playstation and I am an old-schooler trying to hold onto driftings' roots. I can judge using any set of rules wanted but I prefer to go on my own instincts as afterall, it is all about impressing the judges remember...:tup:

2. nk4e

nk4e

Sure, I am going to add you as soon as I can.

3. Mysterious R

Mysterious R (Banned)

Sounds good. Hope that I can help make battles more enjoyable.

PS: Need new rules put up for tandem drift competitions, we need to know what style of judging would best fit the general duties on GT5 because at the moment I don't see any clear layout of what rules should be used. nk4e if you want I can look for some (ie: D1GP, FD rules and regs. list) to put in this thread so that finally we'll be able to give clear rulings set in stone here.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  4. nk4e

nk4e

Looking at the FD rules,
    I think we will be deleting somethings.( qualifying...) Does everyone agree with no qualifying if it our GTPD1 Tournament? If so, we can use Challonge.com example( yes, I did lose in the second round to randomize the brackets and make it fair for everyone.
    Here is another example, D1_GTP

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  5. nk4e

nk4e

Any takers?

6. Knight Spirit

Knight Spirit

I may use these official rules for my competition, I'll check out the list of official judges...

7. nk4e

nk4e

So far, we just have Mysterious_R and Stavingo.

8. Knight Spirit

Knight Spirit

You may have to ask him first, but put HMSMotorsport down on the list. He's had a lot of previous drifting experience and has judged a few battles on this ;)

9. nk4e

nk4e

On page 2, Stavingo says he will give it a show. I will add HMS soon then.

10. Mysterious R

Mysterious R (Banned)

I'm happy to be any help you need, as long as all rules and regulations for your tournament are laid out clearly prior to commencing.

11. rwmjd007

rwmjd007

12. Stavingo

Stavingo

I'd like to help but I'll be unavailable until the 26th due to exams.

13. nk4e

nk4e

Talking about judging..by the looks at this video, a spin is a automatic win for the other person and going out of the track is automatic win for the other person also.

14. Natalia90

Natalia90

CH tyres only? =D

15. Duman079

Duman079

CH is used in every event yet in GTP. Also it is the most used and best tyre to drift with. You can change your rules ( if you want to start a tournament ) and put mediums. Both are ok if you ask me but I only use hard tyre's. And in tournaments it would be better if all have the same tyre because mediums give more grip and make the medium tyre user way faster. It wouldnt look like a competition at all then.

16. Mysterious R

Mysterious R (Banned)

Well after the excitement and hurrah of GT5 coming out has all but died out seems there is still little to no organisation in this area and little in the way of future events, therefore I withdraw my offer to judge for competitions here. Some team leaders/members I know now and you guys are welcome to message me if you want or need any help of this sort but that's about it. Sorry but it seems with TwinTurboCH away and team drama already sprouting its ugly head, I don't think I will be needed much.

Good luck either way and hopefully there is a light at the end of this tunnel.:tup:

17. nk4e

nk4e

Thank you either way and sorry for the lack of updates, mainly everyone is using their own judging criteria and judges. I was hoping for a lot more discussion with the entire community about this.

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  18. Mysterious R

Mysterious R (Banned)

Yeah I've already heard drama llamas carrying on about judging decisions etc, asking for runs to be judged again, quite frankly to me it's in a sad state right now and I honestly can't see the current batch of teams getting any more organised. Such a shame really.

19. mopar-440

mopar-440

i think i can help i have judged before in some drift comps from gt5 to mcla

20. nk4e

nk4e

How many exactly? What were the rules?

21. mopar-440

mopar-440

well 4 to 5 and were overall drift impressions...but i do understand the idea your throwing with subtracting point from a 100 for speed, angle, and line and the spin outs is a automatic win for the opponent

22. Stavingo

Stavingo

n4ke, you need to add Mysterious R to the panel of judges :tup:

23. yellomello

yellomello

I'll be a judge

24. doaskid

doaskid

Anyone available to judge me vs monstergauz ?

25. nk4e

nk4e

Yello, do you have some experience?

26. yellomello

yellomello

I judge some events on here in S13 comp and other things

27. mopar-440

mopar-440

gotta love gt5 drift rivalries...and their public room titles expressing their thoughts about other drift teams. I do see why you are canceling the event and i don't blame you.

28. Thio

Thio

Can I still be a judge? Haha :dopey:

Though I need to catch up on how things have changed since the GTPDC/GTPC days ... but I'm back! :)

29. nk4e

nk4e

PS3 now Thio?

30. Thio

Thio

Yup :)