GTPiIC - GTP's Official iRacing Championship - Signups Open

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 139 comments

Pick four tracks you want on the calender.

• Total voters
England
Norwich,Norfolk
GTP_DaxCobra

2d9eluf.jpg

efs5j5.jpg

Welcome to the GTPiIC (GTPlanet iRacing International Cup), GTPlanet's OFFICIAL iRacing Championship, open to anyone who is a member of the iRacing service and is a member of GTPlanet.

There is no entry fee to this league. This League will try to be as accessible to all as possible, using a lot of the 'free' content, cutting costs down to a minimum.

There will be two championships within the races, one for the MX5 class and one for the SRF class.

The winners at the end of the championship will win a lifetime membership on GTPlanet.

rsx21e.jpg

The cars that are ran in the GTPiIC are:

SCCA Spec Racer Ford
Mazda MX-5 Cup/Roadster

2vlkt4y.jpg

Races will be held every other week on Saturdays over 4 months. (8 races.)

The racing procedure for the GTPiIC is as follows:

5:00PM GMT - Practise Session Opens. (50 Minutes)
5:50PM GMT - Qualifying Session Starts (10 Minutes)
6:00PM GMT - Race Starts (60 Minutes)

292tlqd.jpg

The points structure for this championship are as follows:

1st: 25
2nd: 18
3rd: 15
4th: 12
5th: 10
6th: 8
7th: 6
8th: 4
9th: 2
10th: 1

Last edited:
330b9mt.jpg

Teams will consist of two drivers both using the same livery.

To sign up as a driver, copy and paste the form below, filling it in to suit your preferences.

GTP/iRacing Name & Car Number:
Car:

To sign up a team, copy and paste the form below, filling it in to suit your preferences.

Team Name:
Car:
Driver One GTP/iRacing Name & Car Number:
Driver Two GTP/iRacing Name & Car Number:
Main Livery Colour:

2mcblg9.jpg

25hztqc.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good :) will this be in the league section on iracing? Or will this be just a bunch of hosted races that you keep track of?

Nope, it will be in the league section.

I wont be able to do much more tonight, this is just to let you guys know what is going on.

I will finish the thread to a higher standard throughout the week.

Edit: Poll up.

Last edited:
I thought you wanted to keep costs down? Having to buy 6 tracks doesn't seem very cost effective to me.

I thought you wanted to keep costs down? Having to buy 6 tracks doesn't seem very cost effective to me.

5 tracks, Laguna seca is free. Throws me for a loop every time too :P

5 tracks is about 60 bucks though... So it's not cheap, but some tracks should be on your "to buy" list anyways.

Oops, I missed Okayama, 5 is still a lot. Most of us have those tracks though, so it isn't a big deal, but those who don't, it won't be a very cost effective series for them.. just saying.

Will there be a teams championship? Also, do you know the max number of cars that can compete is?

Hmmmmm; subscribed to thread.

Depending on what MX-345 fanboy signs up for, we may or may not end up being teammates, considering a discussion I read on Facebook.

Also, it depends on dates, as I still enjoy GT5's rallying in WMA WRC... :dopey:

DaxCobra
There will be a teams championship, and I can confirm that 6 free tracks will be used.

That's more like it, not a big deal to me (not even sure if I'll participate yet) but to some newer members it might be.

Since the new schedule sucks so much, I might as well sign up for this. The races are at 9am PST though, so I may be a little bit tired (or hungover) for the races.
1 question, is this fixed or open setup? The SRF is pretty terrible with the baseline at some tracks.

Anyways here goes:

Team: TBA
Spec Racer Ford
aarror/Douglas Passmore #21

I guess I'll need a teammate, so if you're interested shoot me a PM here or at the iracing forums. What do I bring to the team? 1.5 seasons of SRF experience, and better setups than the baseline (if series is open setup). I also have some sweet Rothmans liveries we can use.

P.S I can do basic liveries for other teams, if you are interested.

What are the length of the races? Do they require a team? Or can we fly solo?.... I guess I'm basically asking how it's going to be formatted

Team Name: TBA
Car: Mazda MX-5 Cup
Driver One left888/Darren McKenna & Car Number: 8
Driver Two GTP/iRacing Name & Car Number:
Main Livery Colour: TBA

The races are going to start at 1:00 pm eastern on Saturdays? :nervous:

I need to sell my wife and son for profit (so I have time and can afford 3 monitors), they keep getting in the way of sim racing.

The races are going to start at 1:00 pm eastern on Saturdays? :nervous:

I need to sell my wife and son for profit (so I have time and can afford 3 monitors), they keep getting in the way of sim racing.

You think you can get that time every other weekend?

I am sure they will understand, it's important stuff.

-------------------

OP Updated. ;)

There will be a pre season race this Saturday, would appreciate it if you could all join.

Want to get this running early/mid February!

There will be a pre season race this Saturday, would appreciate it if you could all join.

Want to get this running early/mid February!

What time? I'll probably be running The Roar at 18:00GMT.

Also, which track?

I'm down for this.

Name: livemusic/Felipe Andre #99
Car: SRF

If anyone wants to team up let me know.

I am in, too. I will go solo.
:)

Team Name: Racing Team
Car: Spec Racer Ford
Driver One GTP/iRacing Name & Car Number: Patrocles/Patrick Moore4 #64
Main Livery Colour: TBD

Awesome.

VenoMMotorsports is looking for a 2nd driver in the SRF if anyone is interested.

I will take care of liveries, you just have to drive as well as you can to help me secure team championship. :P

Back