GTPiIC - GTP's Official iRacing Championship - Signups Open

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 139 comments

Pick four tracks you want on the calender.

• Total voters
Yeah it was a good race. I had a lot of mistakes though, kept locking the tires under braking all the time. Cut through the corkscrew three times and got a time penalty for it, and also lost it there once and hit the wall hard. Fortunately insta-repair was on so I managed to get a few positions back.

I hope more people join in the next races, this could be a fun championship. Aside from the brakes the SRF is handling much better than from what I remember, it's fairly easy to save a slide now. I think you people in the Miata should try it out, that baseline setting is handling pretty good.

And congrats on the win, Nigel, you deserved it. 👍

I haven't tried the SRF in quite a while (it absolutely murdered my SR in a week 13 series) but with the new updates I'll give it another shot. I'm sticking with the MX5 regardless of how it goes, but I do remember the SRF being a blast when I could keep it on track.

How about shortening the race length a little bit? 1 hour felt too long considering the turnout. I think 45 minutes would be ideal. What do you think?

Feb. 23 is the next race. Events are every other Saturday 👍

4glrtj.jpg

I've missed the time all together now. I need to stay on top of this much better, sorry guys.

The lobby opens for pre-race practice in:
img.php

Race starts 1 hour later 👍

Hi guys, I don't think this is worth the time if we are going to keep getting 8 car grids, to be honest.

I don't want to stay in this afternoon just for 8 people to show up. What do you think?

I'm out for today. I have a birthday party for my son's friend at the same time.

If you guys do run, good luck to all and have fun!

I'd agree Dax. It would be hard to commit to such a small grid with all the great car / track combos they are running this week.
If there's a last minute jump in participation I'll glady show up though 👍

May I offer a suggestion? I think the lack of turnout was partly due to the time the league was supposed to last. Most people can't commit to a full series, let alone one this long. Maybe next time races can be weekly instead of every other week?

Yeah, 3 posts since I commented. Thanks to all those who showed up to Laguna.

I was going to apologise for not being there (sick), but I guess it never happened. Too bad, because with more people this could be a really fun series. Maye we should poll GTP members on what cars they would be interested to race in a GTP series, and go from there? That may help participation.

Back