GTPiIC - GTP's Official iRacing Championship - Signups Open

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 139 comments

Pick four tracks you want on the calender.

• Total voters
Were the 1'43's done with a tuned set-up on the SRF? This series is fixed set-up if I recall, so maybe the lap times will be a bit slower. However, I do agree that keeping it on track is going to be far more important than hot lap pace ;)

Were the 1'43's done with a tuned set-up on the SRF? This series is fixed set-up if I recall, so maybe the lap times will be a bit slower. However, I do agree that keeping it in track is going to be far more important than hot lap pace ;)

That's why I went with the MX5 ;)
The SRF is tons of fun, but also quite a little monster and I can't see me keeping it safely on track for the entire race.

Were the 1'43's done with a tuned set-up on the SRF? This series is fixed set-up if I recall, so maybe the lap times will be a bit slower. However, I do agree that keeping it on track is going to be far more important than hot lap pace ;)

Nope, I can do 1:43s no problem on the baseline setup. Not sure I can do them for an hour though without binning it.

The main problem is the exit of the corkscrew and the sweeping left afterwards. Very easy to just drop it there I think.

The main problem is the exit of the corkscrew and the sweeping left afterwards. Very easy to just drop it there I think.

So is this in the league session, or will it be a hosted race? I can't find it in the league section.

And yeah, that's the problem area for sure, especially if you get the tires too hot.

Probably unable to make it due to hand. Cast is off Monday though so from there on I should be okay.

I ran some practice last night, but I don't think I'm particulaly fast at Laguna. I never have been - in any game / sim. Weird, as I really like the track. Either way - Looking forward to the race 👍

I'll practice in the host only. Haven't raced the SRF in a while but that should be enough time to remember its tricks.

Woo Hoo! Just got permission from the wife to join. This will be my first test with the Motion Cockpit Application so I may be adjusting, but I'll hop in cold a d have some fun. Hope to join up in 10-15 minutes to make qualifying.

Is it okay if I haven't officially registered?

Woo Hoo! Just got permission from the wife to join. This will be my first test with the Motion Cockpit Application so I may be adjusting, but I'll hop in cold a d have some fun. Hope to join up in 10-15 minutes to make qualifying.

Is it okay if I haven't officially registered?

Sure! Hop in!

I'll be in the MX-5 because if I show up in the SRF without adequate practice I'll kill myself and possibly someone else too.

Looking forward to it!

Good racing early on Coxis! Also, your car looks sweet with the Telmex paint scheme.

Thanks guys!

Good racing early on Coxis! Also, your car looks sweet with the Telmex paint scheme.

Thanks guys!

Oh? cool I didn't think anyone here used trading paints. :)

Yeah you were definitely faster overall, I don't even know how I managed to keep you behind me that long to be honest. Good racing. 👍

Small field, but fun nonetheless 👍
I really suck at Laguna, and I've never raced there so that race was more of a test session for me. Nice to not have to worry about SR with little offs here and there (21 times!! :lol:).
Dax, our contact actually made my car faster through the turns - a slight bit of extra turn in grip :D But then my pit crew fixed it when I pitted for fuel and screwed it all up.

Thanks for hosting 👍

I do, though most guys did as well, but I forgot to upload my 'Hockey Canada' scheme for the MX5 :( -- next time!

Edit: I never registered.. oops..
Hydro / W. Marc Ponick

Damn! For some reason I was under the impression that the room was going to open at 2PM EST... When I came in earlier to check I was too late. I will definitely be there with you guys for the next one!

Yeah you were definitely faster overall, I don't even know how I managed to keep you behind me that long to be honest. Good racing. 👍

Yup, it looked awesome. LiveMusic had a cool scheme too. Sorry about hitting you early on, I lost it trying to rejoin the track and couldn't avoid you. Good racing all around though.

I was going to take screenshots and do a race summary, but the replay didn't save correctly. :(

Nice race, too bad I suck at Laguna Seca with Spec Racer Ford... Here's a summary of my race:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

(this was in the first lap)

Try to guess wich car I am lol.
The rest was just off tracks and spins. Need to put more effort into it next time.

Good race today guys. Great early pace from Felipe kept me on my toes, but I was fortunate enough to keep my mistakes to minor ones and kept the SRF pointing the right way. It sure was a long time to keep a handle on that car :)

Yeah it was a good race. I had a lot of mistakes though, kept locking the tires under braking all the time. Cut through the corkscrew three times and got a time penalty for it, and also lost it there once and hit the wall hard. Fortunately insta-repair was on so I managed to get a few positions back.

I hope more people join in the next races, this could be a fun championship. Aside from the brakes the SRF is handling much better than from what I remember, it's fairly easy to save a slide now. I think you people in the Miata should try it out, that baseline setting is handling pretty good.

And congrats on the win, Nigel, you deserved it. 👍

Back